“OK - I suppose” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pai Viceroy Jayanagar

Pai Viceroy Jayanagar
You added Pai Viceroy Jayanagar to your Saves list
Pai Viceroy Jayanagar
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   #1504, 16th Cross, 9th Main | Jayanagar 3 Block, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560011, India   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leeds
“OK - I suppose”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for a friend's wedding, and so we stayed for two nights, then two nights in different hotels, before another night back here. The first room we had was quiet but drably decorated and stunk of stale urine, so when they tried to put us in that room again we requested a move and went into a different room, which was much nicer, but was very noisy as the conference room was above us, and sounds from outside the room echo around the marble atrium.

The service was generally good (the car drivers are excellent) if a little over the top, and the food, both at breakfast and from room service is very good. It is a short walk to Jayanger, but the centre of Bangalore is a long way away, and the airport is well over an hour away, so when we needed somewhere to stay for a night in Bangalore at the end of our holiday, we stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

I ususally stay at this hotel almost every second month for my work related trip to Bangalore. The hotel is in Jaynagar which is a good fun part of the city with many other attractions such as pubs, gyms, etc. around.
The staff are very courteous and prompt. They are grommed well. The food is neat and tasty.
Most importantly they have board room and conference hall to suit your any buisiness need. Overall a nice experience.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
CA, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

My husband and I strayed here for two nights in April. We stayed here cause our friend was getting married in a hall just a block away. It was very convenient for us. But otherwise I dont think the location is convenient to the city center, restaurants, shops, nightlife.

After checking in they took us to there reg room, after seeing the small size my husband wanted to see the larger room. We took the larger room which was not much larger but had a better view and a flat screen TV. Everytime we came into the room we thought it smelled musty. We both have very sesitive sinuses, and being in India only made it worse. Once we turned on the AC it would be okay after 30 min or so. The room was clean but nothing special. The bathroom was nice for a three star hotel. It had a standing shower with hot powerful water. The other good thing about the room is that it was very quiet.

The staff at this hotel are pretty nice. They always greeted us and seemed happy to see us and help. They helped us arrange a reasonable day trip to the Bangalor Zoo. They held on to our luggage the day of checkout for our evening flight. There cab ride to the airport seemed expensive so I arranged my own transportation which was much cheaper. The breakfast was not exciting but at this point I had been in India for over a week and was getting sick of the food selection.

Overall a decent hotel. They try really hard, but it is only a three star hotel. I do think we paid more then what it is worth but we were really only doing it for the location to the hall. I would only recommend it if you needed to be in this location otherwise I think you can find better deals at better hotels.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

When I wrote my original review, there was only ONE tripAdvisor entry for Pai Viceroy, Bangalore, but there were two hotels. Now that TripAdvisor have recognized two separate hotels, I am re-posting my original review to the correct hotel:

Before I begin the review I must mention that there are TWO hotels in Bangalore called Pai Viceroy. The address given here on tripadvisor is for 6 1ST CROSS J.C. ROAD. However, this review is for the Pai Viceroy hotel in Jayanagar, Bangalore, #1504 16th Cross, 9th Main. Please note that at least one of the other excellent reviews refers to its location in Jayanagar, so that review also is about my hotel.
I stayed in the Pai Viceroy, Jayanagar, for just over two weeks at the end of October '07, and I enjoyed every minute. I will definitely be booking here again!
The Pai Viceroy in Jayanagar is the best hotel I have stayed in, in India. Clean, quiet, wonderful pure-vegetarian food, happy, friendly and attentive staff. Free, high-speed wireless internet that was reasonably bug-free, and very reasonable rates, especially given the average cost of a 4-star hotel in Bangalore.
Read some of my other reviews to see that I am not an easy person to please!

Here are a couple of details that you should consider before booking. The hotel rooms are on the small side, with marble floors throughout and marble surfaces to the furnishings. Spotlessly clean, but cold underfoot if you are used to carpeting. There is no bath in the standard room, although there are suites that do contain baths that cost more. There is no mini-bar, coffee machine or room-safe (but the front-desk hotel-safe is free of charge).

My first morning in the hotel I asked for a kettle to be put in my room. When I arrived back at the hotel in the evening, not only had a kettle been delivered, but also an empty mini-refrigerator for my use! This sort of forethought, going one step more than required, is very unusual in India.
Due to a mix-up, a bag of laundry was taken from my room and laundered, without my requesting it. As soon as the hotel realized I had not intended to send laundry on that day they didn't charge me, although I had given my consent to do so.
The food is excellent south-Indian pure-vegetarian cuisine, and is delicious. The restaurant does a roaring trade at lunch-time and is a popular place to eat among knowledgeable locals. Try the Sunday evening buffet on the top floor for superb food and great value.
Given traffic congestion in the center of town outlying hotels are becoming more popular, so if Jayanagar is close to your destination try the Pai Viceroy - you won't be disappointed!

• Liked — Cleanliness, great food and friendly service
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Pai Viceroy Jayanagar? Share your experiences!