“Laws of Attraction” 5 of 5 stars

New Delhi, India
35 attraction reviews
“Laws of Attraction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

After driving around 50 Kms from Leh Town and just before you arrive in Nimoo, you'll come across a sign board claiming the place to be Magnetic Hill with strance gravitational proprty which could pull even a parked truck or car uphill. There are srories claiming that even helicopters have felt the pull but worry not these are all rumours. Magnetic Hills is the name given to this spot due to the optical illusion which makes it look like the vehicle are pulled uphills. It's a popular stop on Srinagar- Leh Highway NH1. We also stopped there for our share of fun and had some photographs killed at this famous landmak.
We even parked our bikes exactly where the road says "Park your Vehicle Here" but nothing really happened. All in all it was a fun experience and one should stop at Magnetic Hills for some cole pictures and memories of Ladakh Trip by road.

Navi Mumbai, India
9 attraction reviews
“overhyped”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

there is nothing here exept u get out of ur car, take a picture and move on. u dont see any miracle happening as hyped

Visited August 2012
Mumbai, India
18 attraction reviews
“Unique! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

People say different things about it being just an illusion, but who cares, I loved the phenomena! :)

Visited September 2012
New Delhi, India
“Nothing Magnetic about it, but still a nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

While returning from Leh to Kargil we passed through Magnetic Hill. We were on Bikes so was unable to experience the uphill rolling of a four wheeler. But we went uphill riding our bike so here is our experience:

While I was riding on the magnetic hill I felt that I am riding on plane with a little slope on it. We reached till the steep uphill started and from there I returned back. My friends who were watching me riding said that I reached till the half way to the top of that hill. Then my friend started riding and I saw the same thing that he was riding on the steep hill but when he returned back he told me that he rode till the sudden uphill started.

So we reached to the conclusion that it is an optical illusion but we found it awesome one. It is worth going there but you can skip it if you are really running out of the time.

Gurgaon, India
28 attraction reviews
“Excellent...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

In this place car/bus goes uphill with its motor off. Reallly a miraculous thing...
We have seen this 2-3 times with our SAFARI....
Nice experience....

Visited July 2012

Been to Magnetic Hill? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Magnetic Hill, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.