“Excellent value for Money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sadaf

You added Hotel Sadaf to your Saves list
Hotel Sadaf
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Samander Bagh | S P College Road, Srinagar 190001, India   |
Ranked #38 of 92 Hotels in Srinagar
Mumbai
“Excellent value for Money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Visited Srinagar on Oct.2011 for 4 days and was more than happy on my trip.
Taking a taxi from the airport, the driver having no difficulty locating the hotel, he ended giving me up a discount than what they charge. I booked Hotel Sadaf, knowing it is budget hotel, I didn’t expect much, but was delighted the first time I arrive in the hotel, I was courteously greeted by the reception, without delays a hotel boy took my bag and we went to my room. Room was spacious, bed big enough for 3. 1 small table for coffee and laptop, 2 chairs, a cabinet with many drawers for my things and 1 small tv. We went to the bathroom, big enough, the water was cold but the receptionist told me to keep the water heater open so I can use hot water at anytime. Excellent! What else could I look for a budget hotel? I should rate a STAR to the hotel.
Location of the hotel was in the center of the city, very near shops and to other tourist spots like mosques, a 10 mins walk to the tourist destination center, and another 5-10mins to Dal Gate. I happen to walk from Dal lake going back to hotel it was late night but I never fell scared. Was delighted to see some police officer on the street and greeted me hello, how are you Sir?, guess there is more trouble in the news paper than in Srinagar. Although it was in the center of the city, Hotel Sadaf is like inside a compound that you won’t hear any street nor vehicle noises, there we’re birds chirping on my window instead.
From the hotel i walk towards the highway and get an autorickshaw right away, and was able to visit many tourist spots not just the Dal lake.
Totally love Srinagar, I promised to come back and would stay to this hotel again. Great value for money, great Kashmiri tea, food although they have only Vege restaurant im taking my lunch and dinner in the city anyhow, good breakfast, courteous receptionist and hotel staff. I enjoy my daily hot bath, daily cleaning of my room. Although wifi connection is off at night well im just reminded im on holiday c”,) .
My way back to the airport, the owner of the hotel offered me a ride, since they are going as well that time. What else could I ask for? Im blessed and more than satisfied for the amount I paid. I regret not giving any tip for the hotel boys staff. Summary, excellent!

Room Tip: go for the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
NOIDA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

The hotel is situated just behind the main market area of Lal chowk. It's a good value for money in terms of clean lodging & boarding and really very near to all the point of attractions like Daal Lake, Bus stop & Taxi stand. The staff was friendly and showed a great deal of care for our safety with volatile political climate in Kashmir valley. Recommendation is to do online booking for this place in advace so they are prepared for your arrival and you will save your self from touts who try to sell you a room or polluting houseboat the moment you arrive at Srinagar. The in house restaurant has limited items on menu but are prepared well. Its vegetarian friendly too.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Surat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

I had a good experience while my stay at hotel sadaf. Its hospitality was excellent & will be looking forwarded to them when I go back again to J&K.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

Hi Friends, I visited Srinagar on 29th May 2010 alongwith my family. I had prior booking courtesy Make My Trip.com. I took a taxi from Airport and reached Hotel Sadaf. I was very excited as this was m y first visit in Srinagar. I reached Hotel within half an hour. But I was shocked on reaching Hotel. The Hotel was in a narrow lane and there was water everywhere in front of the Hotel, I had never imagined in my wildest dreams that the Hotel will be like this. The reception area was very small in size. The Double Deluxe room which I was allotted was also very small. The condition of the Hotel was also not good. Anyways I retired myself into bed as I was very tired and hubgry. I ordered for some food. The food was of 3rd standard and very thanda. I immediately decided to change the Hotel. I reached Dal Lake and looked for a good Hotel and shifted the next day. Although I didnot get any refund for the same. The only consolation was Dr. Munir who is a thorough gentleman. He was hurt to know and sad that I am shifting the Hotel . He requested me not to change the hOTEL AS HE WILL PROVIDE ME ANOTHER ROOM FREE OF COST. But I refused her offer and changed the Hotel next day on 30th May.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

We stayed there for nearly 5 days at Hotel Sadaf. We went for a Honey Moon Trip over there. The Hotel is really nice, excellent & secured place to stay. All the persons including the Hotel Boys were very nice and helpful for us. We never felt any inconvenience there. ONly thing is its a Vegetarian Restaurant and I am a Non-Vegerarian, so Myself and my wife have to go to a nearby Non-Veg Hotel to have some spicy non-veg. Otherwise its a Very Good Budget Hotel we can say. The Hotel Manager Muneer was very helpful for us in a lot of ways especially arranging for sight seeing he arranged the cab to go for all places. The CAb Driver Asif was a very nice, Kind person you can say, he took us all the places in and around Srinagar, Gulmarg, Sonmarg, Pahalgam, Dal Lake, local sight seeing, everything. We never felt that we were insecure under any circumstances. All the people in Sadaf hotel are well disciplined and friendly.
I would say if you are planning for a trip in srinagar stay at Hotel Sadaf and you can feel the difference when compared to other hotels.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Delhi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I didnt enjoyed with Sadaf Hotel in srinagar jammu and kashmir. I stayed for 5days but I didnt enjoyed even single minute. I was the only guest in the Hotel and there was no proper house keeping. Location is not that good. You have travel very far for Dal Lake view. Owner was very good to me but What is the point when you dont enjoy your trip.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
Ghaziaabd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

We were 5 friends there, and the hotel was very good and good staff and cuisine specially non veg was good but they have flaws in veg. Although the rooms was clean and good painting was there along with the sights from the hotels was good. we enjoyed the stay there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Sadaf? Share your experiences!