“Superb Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 92 Hotels in Srinagar
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Superb Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Apart from the Location all is best for this hotel. The staff, food, rooms, toilets, bed, heating all is perfect, just the location is very dull. Too far from Dal and main tourist place. This location is not at all advisable. Try Heevan at Pahalgam. Its awesome

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We had one night stay over here , it was superb experience. The service provided to us was top grade. All the staff are very friendly. Service provided is very fast. Food was undoubtedly delicious, no doubt of food and evrything was fresh. Rooms were also hot because of good heaters. All thanx to Mr. Azhar he gave us best guidance , in case you visit heevan resort you should contact him. He will help you make your trip memorable.

• Stayed January 2013
delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

excellent property, very nicely managed, the service is excellent food quality is also excellent.
the hotel is away from shoor of city and near by famous mughal gardens.very nice and hospitable staff. I gave whole credit to the manager of the property, very young and professional guy.
i came back to srinager in summers and stay in this property only.

Room Tip: mountain view rooms.
Navi Mumbai, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed in this Hotel, oh sorry in this Home for two nights from 24th November to 26th November and we passed our wonderful time here as it is waking distance frm hotel to the bank of Dal lake. On the basis of TripAdvisor reviews I also insisted Mr Owais zargar to allot me a Garden view room and incidentally I got it also. But after my first day stay in Hotel and after spending my time in lounges and common areas on each floor I finally requested Mr. Owais Zargar Front office manager to change my room and to allot me a room nearby this lounge area which have beautiful views as well and on availability I got it also. I will definitely tell all rooms are equally good with heating facility also.

As the transport facilities during my stay was arranged by the Hotel . They are merely helping their clients to get their travel arrangements organised during their stay in Srinagar.

The Rooms and all areas are very neat and clean and very nicely maintained equipped with centrally heating system. As during our stay due to snowfall in surroundings Srinagar temperature was very low and due to only their centrally heating system we passed our time comfortably here. The Hotel is power back up with full capacity generator so during frequent power failure during our stay all heaters and everything was on during this time also.

I know for sure, if I were to ever go back to Srinagar, this is the place I would like to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms have good view
Hyderabad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My Kashmir trip was from Dec-23 to Dec-28 and was supposed to stay at Srinagar on Dec-27 at Hotel Dar-es-Salam, but due to my bad experience with Heevan Pahalgham, I returned back to Srinagar a day before to stay at Heevan. I must say I didn't had a good time here as well.
The location was decent, close to Shalimar gardens and it had a nice lawn.
After I checked in, thankfully here I was given a Double delux room and the room size and bed were good. However trouble started again with the central room heating and hot water supply. When I asked the hotel staff to turn on the heating, they said it was under maintenence for one block. In that case, I asked them to allocated me a room where the heating works as they had lot of vacant rooms, but they denied saying that it will work in another 10-15 mins. I though we would fresh up in the meanwhile, but sadly there was no hot water supply either. After more an Hour I again asked the staff and this time they were very rude and responded that the maintenance is almost done, but hot water supply is limited only in evenings and early mornings. This is very rediculous as the checkin time is 12:00 pm and they need to take care of the guests arriving at that time. Finally after arguing with the reception staff, they turned on the heating and hot water, but at the cost of my 2.5 hours. I could have utilized this time effectively had they given me atleast hot water to fresh up.
Food here was decent, much better than Heevan Pahalgham. Finally I checked out the next morning Dec-27 and headed to hotel Dar-es-salam where we were actually supposed to stay in Srinagar. More on this hotel on a separate review...

Room Tip: Insist for room heater and hot water as soon as you arrive.
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have booked Heevan hotel chain twice in this year and both of the time we have encountered with really pathetic service and business ethics. Although resorts are good, Location is also good but hospitality is missing everywhere, May be because they are more busy and interested in their cloth business (shawl). Last time their driver left us on the last day morning of trip when we have to catch our flight. Although nobody taken any serious action upon this and after a quite well wait (approx 1hr) no body turn up with the cab. at last we made a call to our friend and he drove us to the airport and upon complaining this, the manager said " Its Kashmir and It happens here". Worst Business ethics we have seen ever in travel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I had been with my family to srinagar , pahelgam and gulmarg from 20th to 26th nov it was a great experience . the food was out of words to praise it was so delicious the traveling facilites which they provided was great the staff is to co - operative the toilets were clean n but the only thing bothering was they didnt allow the bath tub stoppers to use pls change it and provide the bath tub stoppers to the guest who ask for it

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Heevan Resort Srinagar? Share your experiences!