“Outstanding place and nice experience” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Madhuban to your Saves list
Hotel Madhuban
Nehru Park - Gagribal | Boulevard Road, Srinagar 190001, India   |
Ranked #22 of 92 Hotels in Srinagar
“Outstanding place and nice experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Recently, I with my family visited Srinagar and stayed in hotel madhuban for about 3-4 days. We had a nice stay in this hotel. This place is all surrounded by beautiful fresh flowers,fragrance of which makes the atmosphere more clean and calm. This place is too quite as what we need in a trip. Hotel staff was very nice and co-operative. They welcomed us nicely and even services were too good. They made us feel like home.Rooms were all clean and tidy at any time. This place is very near to Dal lake as well, one can easily stroll around in evenings safely. I would advice you all rather than searching other hotels in that locality, one can truely stay there without having a second thought.
- Sunil Bagla , Jaipur Rajasthan

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you. Wish to have your company at our Hotel in the nearest future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kolkata
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

( + VE )* Nice view of mountain along with Sankaracharya Temple from room no. 208.
* Ghulam Bhai was excellent as a human being as well as a caretaker.
* Laundry service on the same day.
* Hot water was available all the time.
* Walking distance from Dal Lake, still no View of the same from hotel/lodge.
* We stayed for five nights in this lodge for the terrace connected with our room, where we could breathe freely after the end of a hectic tour every day.

( - VE ) No Wi Fi
* No generator service, as they claim in their website.
* Room interior is poor like an average lodge.
* No toilet kits provided.
* Food quality below average.
* Better hotels with Lake facing rooms are available on Boulevard road are available at even
cheaper price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
WASIMWANI, Owner at Hotel Madhuban, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Sir, Thank you very much for staying at Hotel Madhuban. As for your negative comments our response to your comments point wise:
1. No WIFI........ It was communicated even before your Check In that Wi Fi Service is not available.
2. Sir Generator is started only in the evening in case of power cuts as per Govt Norms. Even then there was emergency lighting in every room & bathroom even in absence of generator service. Maybe you did not notice it. You were never kept in a dark room at time of power cuts through our invertor service.
3. Had you not liked the room you could have checked out the next day. Till date you are the first ever customer who has compared our rooms to a normal lodge. Ours is a hotel not a lodge.
4. Every room was provide with basic toiletries ie. soap & shampoo. Even you got the shampoo changed which we happily did. So commenting that toiletries not provided is incorrect.
5. Food: We did not force you to have food at our place. There are numerous eateries within walking distance form the hotel.Till date we have not received any complaints about the food. Even then it is your perception we cannot comment on that.
6. Even before you booked with us we had already conveyed in our quotation that we are mountain facing and not lake facing. Getting rooms in lake facing hotel at cheaper price was at your discretion. We did not force you to stay with us. You could have checked out the next day itself rather than forcing your gooself to stay with us for 5 days.
Regards
Wasim Wani
Pune, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Had this been before I read a couple of reviews here by “travelsuggestions” and “kedar83” I would have thought I was under a misconception. This Hotel is located in a very good location, right opposite to Ghat No 15 of Dal Lake, still tucked away from the busy Boulevard Road. The location is good and so are the rooms, I have no complains about the rooms as such. However, this is exactly what happened, we had called this Hotel earlier on the 4th Oct to confirm if they had rooms available, they informed they had Standard Rooms available and they will charge us Rs 2000 for the same and there were Deluxe Rooms which were Rs 2500, this was after a certain percentage of discount they offered on the tariff as it was off season.

Once we reached, we were greeted by the cheerful Porter of the Hotel, Ghulam Mohammad, who showed us two rooms, one was a Standard Room which was Room 202 for which he quoted a rate of Rs 1800 and he showed us a Deluxe Room with attached Balcony overlooking the Garden of the Hotel, which he would give out for Rs 2200, he also said that that is the price that he had confirmed over the phone to our surprise, we bargained for the Deluxe Room and he said he will give it for Rs 2100, we were happy with the price he quoted and checked in.

We checked in in the afternoon and we were to leave for Pahalgam the very next day, so this stay was just for 1 night, however, we had plans to come back to Srinagar. Ghulam Mohammad informed that I can speak to the Taxi drivers outside and get a quote from them and he will give it to us at Rs200-250 less per day. We spoke to the TRC and got a quote of Rs 10500 for a Tavera for 5 days 24*7. We came back to the Hotel and told Ghulam that he can get his quote, he spoke to his Transport guys and told us for the same package his Taxi service will charge Rs 15000, that’s when we told him that we have already got a quote of Rs 10000 (Rs 500 lesser than what we had got), he spoke to the Transport guys again and said that he will give it to us at a rate of Rs 9500.

The next morning the cheerful Gulzar Bhat arrived who was to be our Pilot for the next 5 days. While checking out on 6th around 11 am, Ghulam Mohammad said we had to give Rs 500 as advance to him and the rest of the payment can be made at the end of the 5 days, so we gave him the advance and informed that we will be coming back after 2 nights in Pahalgam. Now once we were about 20 mins away from the Hotel, I realized that I did not have my gold Ring on my Finger, I last remember seeing it before going to bed last night, it must have slipped out while I was asleep. I got nervous and told my Husband about it. As these guys have been behaving so nicely with us plus they could understand we were discussing about something missing, we told the driver and requested him to take us back to the Hotel, even after requesting after a couple of times, he said why don’t you call the Hotel and inform so that if they find it they will keep it and trust me these guys are so polite and sound so convincing, you will never ever doubt them. I called the Hotel reception and asked for Ghulam Mohammad and was told he was already in the Room cleaning it up, Gulzar jumped in to help and offered to talk to him in their local language, they spoke and he said the receptionist says he will look up the room and let us know if he finds it in 10 mins, we called back after 10 mins and was of course told that the ring was not there. In between all this the one thing that irked me the most was Gulzar suddenly asked ‘kitne ka tha’ (How much did the Ring cost) in his nonchalant helping tone, though we did not give him the details. We went back to the Hotel and looked around the room a little and did not find anything. On our way back from the Hotel, Gulzar told us that he has told Ghulam Mohammad that Didi (that’s what he called me the entire time) was very upset and Ghulam Mohammad has told him that I was just like his Daughter and he will definitely keep it safe in case he finds it. I kept blaming myself all the time thinking that I should not have put it on for the trip in the first place. Now till I came back from the trip and read these two specific reviews by “kedar83” Bangalore, India “Worst hotel experience ever in my life” and “travelsuggestions” Munich, Germany “Good hotel.. but not sure of people around” I would not have doubted these guys, but now that I saw these posts especially about the mobile phone going missing and popping out of one of the Hotel Caretaker’s pocket, I have a feeling it could have been something else. Though I would not like to take names and point at anyone but all this cannot be a coincidence. It is difficult to accept that they had cleaned up everything spic and span by the time I went back to the Room. I cannot even blame anyone and do not have any proof however this was definitely not a very satisfying experience.

When we came back after our 2 nights in Pahalgam, the same Ghulam Mohammad took us to the Standard Room and quoted Rs 2000 for it, we told him that he had quoted Rs 1800 earlier, and then he agreed on it. He also said that he has given us the Deluxe Room earlier for so less that he got beaten up by the owner.

Also the last night we were there, 11th Oct, the otherwise serene and silent atmosphere was severely disturbed by a woman’s voice late in the night, she screamed as one of her bags went missing, she mentioned this happened while she unloaded her luggage from the Vehicle and they were carried to her room by a Porter, the Hotel Management said that whatever was unloaded has been checked in to the room, she must have left it in the Vehicle or somewhere else! I hope this Woman and whoever she was travelling with also updates his / her review here so that we can know the incident in details.

All these incidents somehow do not add up and obviously makes us think otherwise. These people are extremely soft spoken, friendly and one of the most polite races I have interacted with but many say that whatever they say to tourists is completely fake and camouflaged – I feel sad to accept it as we had the best of Vacation ever in Kashmir and have really fond memories.

P.S : The food they serve is very good, if you are staying here, eat here, fresh, warm and delicious food is what you get here. I have many photos of this Hotel which I will upload in due course.

The incidents I mentioned was completely unique and might never happen to you and one might come back with only good memories from here but I just had to share this.

Room Tip: Bargain and get one of the Deluxe Rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hospitality at its best. Located at a stone throw distance from Dal Lake, yet tucked away from the traffic,with beautiful lawns,very hygienic rooms, well kept washrooms, neat linen, very personalised room service ( any time/ all the time ), cultured & very affectionate and courteous staff. Delicious dishes.Very professional yet very graceful staff. The arrangements for the taxi for the entire stay with a hassle free sight seeing, was very highly appreciated. Overall, a very pleasant & homely stay. Could'nt ask for more.Special thanks & gratitude to Mr Showkat R Wani & Mr Wasim R Wani( the Owners), for their outstanding hospitality. Very rare to find people like them. Inshah Allah, we shall meet again.

Colonel & Mrs Talwar

Room Tip: All rooms are well maintained. The Ground Floor Rooms have added advantage of lawns.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

It was a very pleasant and homely stay for one week any body who is going to sreenagar kindly stay here rest all your itineraries will be planned by them especially gulam bhai has been an unbelievable help to us and I could see tears in his eyes when we were departing truly worth the stay and money

• Stayed September 2013
ahmedabad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

A very comfortable stay of 9 days at Srinagar. The entire staff is very cooperative. The room person Mr Ghulam Mohammed gave excellent service. I can not expect better staying place than this in Srinagar in my budget range. Homely atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ludhiana, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The experience here started with a disappointment as the super-deluxe rooms confirmed to us (on our request while advance booking) were allocated to someone else and we have to opt for the rooms at the ground floor. Except that, the stay was good.
Small lawn with flowers around is good. Location is very good. Not at the lake though, but a short walk and you are there. Hotel has a small restaurant with a limited menu to take care of guest's need. Food is cooked on request and one is advised to keep the order simple to enjoy the food. One can enjoy kashmiri dishes on request. Staff is very good and courteous.
A nice place to stay where guest will like to revisit again in next tour.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WASIMWANI, Owner at Hotel Madhuban, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you. Wish to have your company at our Hotel in the nearest future

Been to Hotel Madhuban? Share your experiences!