“HBP Katra” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Katra
Delhi
“HBP Katra”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Rooms were very damp as they were opened after years.
No facility of warm water for bath.
Problem of electricity load shedding.
No scope for ventilation
Bathrooms in poor state
No dustbins in or outside the rooms

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

For starters the rooms are dirtiest I have seen in any hotel .... and the staff was as rude as they get. I left my bag there in hotel with my phone in it and it was stolen I did not notice it until i reached home so i tried to call them but as it turns out these guys don't have there phone number on any site or portal.... their staff is full of thieves!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Pune, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I visited this hotel in Oct 2103
I have bad experience

No power from 6 to 9 am so no hot water hotel management is do not in mood to help
No genset backup
Hotel staff arrogant and non cooperative

Room were OK
Insets and mositoes were comming from opening of cooler

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had our stay at Hotel Bandhu Palace at katra while on a trip to Vaishno Devi. I picked up this hotel via one of the travel webiste for one simple reason and that was the PRICE .I was looking for a budget hotel where I can put my luggage and carry on with my Yatra and can have a stay only for one night after returning back from Yatra.

Before booking this hotel I also read the reviews from the other travelers where the conclusion from the reviews was that it is an average hotel and that was the thought in my mind while picking this hotel. To my satisfaction what I thought is what I got and not less than that.

Now my opinion about the Hotel:
The only factor which goes strongly in favour of the hotel is its location right in the middle of the Katra market, 2 minutes walking distance from Bus stand and close to Banganga (starting point of Vaishno Devi Yatra) so one doesn’t have to walk too much after reaching katra from the bus OR don’t have to walk too much to look for a suitable place for shopping or eating joints.

Talking about the hotel as I mentioned earlier that it is an average hotel so I didn’t expected much hospitality and I was right in that. As a personal opinion didn’t found the person at reception to be polite or courteous as after reaching we were not even asked for water leave aside Tea or coffee.

Another factor which I would like to mention is that even before reaching Katra I called up at the Hotel and told them that I would be reaching the hotel at around 8 a.m. and if they could arrange a early check- in (normal check in is at 12 p.m.) to which they said that they will try for it. When I reached the Hotel and requested for an early check-in the fellow there said it could be done but I will have to pay some extra charge for it. I denied paying any extra charge and after a small discussion we were given an early check-in without any extra charge.

Room: - We took a Deluxe Non-AC room and although it was small but was satisfactory for me keeping in mind the price and for our only 1 night stay. Although it seemed like the bed sheet wasn’t changed and the blankets given were also not a fresh pair but still it was ok for our stay. There was attached bathroom in decent condition with the geyser facility but then there was the issue of electricity between 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. It is a multistoried hotel with no lift facility although they will have boys around who can help the person with the luggage. You can get a decent parking space if you are travelling by your own vehicle.

Hotel Food was also average and given the fact that we didn’t stayed at the hotel too much so we are not sure if they had any extra facilities like laundry, recreational activities etc. However they could organize the sightseeing tour in and around katra.

My take on the hotel is as follows:-

Location: - Very Good (But not Scenic)
Pricing: -Good
Hospitality: - Needs Improvement
Food: - Average
Overall Ambience & facility: Needs Improvement

Room Tip: Make sure to check for any extra charge if you are having an early check-in.