“Nice place to stay .. !!” 4 of 5 stars

The White Hotels
Off Katra Reasi Road, Vaishnodevi, Katra 182301, India   |
Ranked #1 of 35 hotels in Katra
New Delhi, India
“Nice place to stay .. !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Hotel is very nice & well located in a small town like Katra. Everything is cool but still hotel need to trained their staff more professionally. I called hotel for room availability, they immediately refused but on the other phone they were committing regarding rooms availability to my friend.
Rooms was neat, clean & spacious. Boys on front were very polite & always ready to help. Free shuttle service to & from Baan Ganga.
Breakfast was included but not upto the standard of hotel.
Credit card machine was out of order.
But overall I recommend for this Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for valley view rooms ..!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
vivek_5251, General Manager at The White Hotels, responded to this review, October 19, 2013

Greetings!!!

Thank you for your wonderful review and experience and letting us know that you had a comfortable stay with us.. We would be looking forward to see you again in "The White Hotels"
and please let us know that what all we can do for you so that we can be your first choice on your visist to "Maa Vaishnodevi"s Abode".

324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I booked this hotel in August for my Mata raani darshan along with my family. It was really a very pleasent stay there. When we started our journey from Delhi, we received a call from the hotel providing us the details for pickup cab. When we reached hotel our room was ready with all basic ameneties. We had the breakfast and dinner included plan. Being 100% vegetarian hotel, they served decent food. We requested for additional bed so that when we come back from mata raani's darshan we could have a good sleep. Without a single reminder the bed was installed in room. Room service was pretty quick. My overall experience with hotel was very good, but still pointing few turn Off and On.

Turn Off:
1. Buffet Breakfast and Dinner have limited menu. We were expecting a good variety.

Turn On:
1. Early Check in and Late check out. To be very honest, it was the best part. They allowed us to check in at 8:00 in the morning and check out at 4:00pm.
2. Banganga/Railway station Pick and drop facility.
3. At no extra charge, they provided us couple of city visits.
4. Hotel staff was very courteous.
5. Prompt room service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Greetings!!!

Thank you for your wonderful experience and review and letting us know that you had a comfortable stay with us. We would be looking forward to see you again in "The White Hotels" and please let us know that what all we can do for you so that we can be your first choice on your vissit to "Maa Vaishnodevi"s Aboide"

new delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I would like to rate this property best in katra.i m writing this review to help all those people who are planning to visit katra.the hotel provides a truly wonderful experience.I stayed in the hotel for 2 days and the experience was quite pleasurable.quality of service is really appreciable.room service was very fast.and one of the best thing i liked is the food quality.hotel offers purely vegetarian food.gym and spa facilities are also available inside the hotel.hotel offers all the facilities under one roof.so i suggest everyone to at least once stay in the white hotels and experience the five star services offered by the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Greetings!!!

Thsnk you for your wonderful review and experience and letting us know that you had a comfortable stay with us. We would be looking forward to see you again in "The White Hotels" and please let us know that what all we can do you so that we can be your first choice on your visit to "Maa Vaishnodevi"s Abode"
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

i have planed to visit mata vishno devi for darshan with my friend as on 13th nov11.
after geting various hotel options from my friends, i read some reviews from trip advisor and finaly decided to take white hotel in katra.
i got a good but costly express package from hotel of rs. 11000/- for 2 night. pick-up from airport was not upto the mark as we could not find out the driver and after calling to hotel they are not able to give us details of car or driver.
when we reached at hotel check in time is only 5 minutes. room are very clean and it feel very comfortable. we got good valley view from our room.
room service is very fast as whatever we order in our room it take only 10 minutes to serve us. food is very good and hygenic . there are various options as they put buffet in breakfast and in major meals.
hotel ambience is very cool one .pickup and drop faclites to katra market and helipad is fantastic as we have not to wait for as long.
i recommended this hotel to everyone , specially to the familes that havig childern with them.

vivek panwar

Room Tip: chose a roon in top floor i.e 6th. both side any view valley or ardhkuvari.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Greetings!!!!

Thank you for your wonderful review and experience and letting us know that you had a comfortable stay with us. We would be looking forward to see you again in "The White Hotels"
and please let us know that what all we can do for you so that we can be your first choice on your vissit to "Maa Vaishnodevi"s Abode"
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Nice spacious rooms. Very clean. Excellent customer care. One issue they do not issue more than 1 card key for each room. They do not disclose the reasoning but it appears that they are unable to secure additional keys as the manufacturer may have gone out of business. Hopefully they will have changed the locks soon.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
vivek_5251, General Manager at The White Hotels, responded to this review, October 21, 2013

Greetings!!!

Thank you for your wonderful review and letting us know that you had a comfortable saty with us. We would be looking forward to see you again in "The White Hotels" and please let us know that what all we can do for you so that we can be your first choice on your visit to Maa Vaishnodevi"s Abode.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I am so glad that I paid a little extra for this hotel. I traveled with several old people & kids in my group (family). Rooms are spacious, well maintained & clean. Food is one of the best (both in taste and freshness), I have had in a big hotel. Highly recommended! They have a beautiful lawn where kids can play and adults can relax. Breakfast and dinner is buffet while lunch is a-la-carte'. All food we had in this hotel was very tasty amazingly fresh (no gas, no upset stomach etc.).

Tip # 1 for helicopter riders who have difficulty in walking: One needs to walk for about 2.5 KM from the helipad to the temple and if you have old people / people having difficulty in walking, I will highly recommend getting a palki. Now, it is very difficult to get a palki at the helipad if you have not booked one in advance. I requested the duty manager of White hotel to help me book the palki at the helipad one day in advance. He hooked me with one of the pitthus over phone. This guy kept 4 palkis reserved for me which was huge as there were no other palkis available apart from the 4 I had booked. My suggestions - book the palkis in advance and seek hotel's help, if you need.

Tip# 2: Pre-paid mobile phones don't work in J&K for security reasons. So, if you carry a pre-paid phone, let your family & friends know that your number may remain inaccessible while you are in Jammu and Katra. Post-paid phones work just fine.

Room Tip: 1. They have rooms that have genuine king size beds which I found difficult to find in Katra. 2...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Greetings!!!!

Thank you for your wonderful review and letting us that you had a comfortable stay with us.
We would be looking forward to see you again in "The White Hotels" and please let us know that whta all we can do for you so that we acn be your first choice on your vissit to Maa Vaishnodevi"s Abode"

new delhi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Jai Mata Di..

We decided to visit Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine this last weekend. Being an extended weekend, we decided to book in advance. Post checking in on few properties on the net, I zeroed in this property. I made a telebooking in the evening, left by road in the evening and reached Katra next morning around 10 am. We had little trouble in locating the property, and found it to be very nice & grand from outside. That was just the start though.

We proceeded to complete the check in formalities, where we found the staff to be not very forthcoming. We were initially told that we have been "upgraded", though not explained what that meant. When we reached the room, i was shocked to find that without any information, we were provided twin beds. I immediately called reception when I was told that they can "join" the beds to make it one "king" bed. I refused & was then placed in a different room. Later, when i came down to reception for some other reason, I noticed the arrival of two different groups, and that both were welcomed in the traditional way with garlands. I couldnt help but realize that our check in was different :(. I then had to choose, either to ask the reception staff about the different standards or just stay quiet, I chose the latter as I found it too embarassing. I couldnt help the feeling of being unwelcome going by the morning's experiences.

It was almost as if we had won a complimentary stay in their hotel and were not one of the revenue generating guests.

On the positive side, the property did have very nice interiors, multiple seating areas & otherwise hospitable staff. The property is located away from the hustle bustle of the main street & market area leading up to Banganga. The property does also provides complimentary pick up and drop facility to Banganga from where one starts their journey towards the holy shrine, however coordinating for which is a pain.

But this was not the end on unpleasant experience. Earlier upon checking in, the staff took my driving licence for obtaining photocopy which I was told would be returned to me. We left for Mata Darshan that same evening approx 8 hours post check in. We came back next morning and were extremely tired. After resting for few hours we decided to check out. I went to the reception and settled the bill and left shortly after. After travelling for about 2 hours, I noticed that I dont have my Driving Licence, the staff never bothered to return it. I called up the hotel immediately, initially I was put on hold, then someone answered, took down the details and proimised a call back. No surprises, the call back never happened. I called up 1 hour later and was told that the staff member who took my details has finished shift and left, surprisingly the person who answered knew my issue without me telling him the same. I was given a number and told to talk to the Hotel Manager. I managed to sort out the issue with this gentleman, and my licence was delivered to a hotel in Jammu from where i collected it the next day on way back to Delhi.

Overall not a pleasant experience at all. If you are planning to visit Katra, choose to avoid, as there are many other hotels which offer a better stay at less than half the price.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
vivek_5251, General Manager at The White Hotels, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Dear Mr. Rattan,

Greetings !!!

Thankyou for giving your feed back. I have discussed the entire issue regarding your feed back with our team.We found that It was a mistake from our end and we regret for the same.As our proffesion says, all our guests are equal for us. Yes , the things went heywire coz of few new recruitments in the department. We again feel sorry for the same and thankyou that you have brought our short comings to our notice . We promise you that this won't be a matter of discussion in future for any body.

Inconvenience regreted once again.

Warm Regards,
Vivek Sharma
The White Hotels, Vaishnodevi.
+919906077350.

Been to The White Hotels? Share your experiences!