“Excellent Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Solang Valley Resort

Save Saved
You added Solang Valley Resort to your Saves list
Solang Valley Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   V.P.O. Palchan, Manali, Distt.Kullu | Himachal Pradesh, Manali 175 131, India   |
Ranked #19 of 99 Hotels in Manali
Noida, India
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

It was much awaited family holiday for us and our first trip to Manali. While driving from Noida to Manali, we wondered many times whether we made the right decision to stay at Solang Valley. But once we entered the resort, we immediately realized that it was the right place to stay. Very tranquil atmosphere and an excellent view of the snow capped mountains, valley and Beas river. What a relief it was from hot and burning Delhi.. Unlike many hotels in Manali town, many of them quite famous in their own rights, have enough open space like Solang Valley. We stayed for 4 nights and 5 days in Family Suite, which suited our purpose. The food is excellent and we gained a lot of weight in the four days we were there. The staff was good and my teenage children still miss the 'tambola' at 5 PM. The special candle light dinner organized near the Beas River was really great!!! All-in-all a really relaxing trip. If the budget allows, don't even think to stay any where except at Soolang Valley

Room Tip: Family Suits for an excellent view of mountains and valley specially on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Ghaziabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Thanks to Anita ji for making my trip a wonderful experience. I have stayed at many hotels often luxury ones but I one thing for sure that I will become fan of this resort. I stay in solang valley resort for three nights (6th June to 9th June) with my wife and two kids (aged 9 and 4).This is summer vacations for kids so first thing comes to my mind is to go where my kids enjoys lots of activities without hustle and bustle .I am also concerned about food which should be hygienic and activities for my kids. Manali is crowded now days therefore I decided to go to solang valley resort which is away from traffic and nice and pleasant atmosphere. I come to manali on 5th of June there I stayed in hotel and visit all local manali sight seening.then on 6th I reached to solang valley resort with my car in morning. There is lot of difference in staying in manali and staying in solang valley .my kids really enjoyed lots activities playing football, badminton,cricket
even staff also joined my kids and play with them making us free. On second day we have gone to solang valley and also done camping on riverside of Beas river in the property of resort. Mast experience. we both together enjoyed Complimentary head and foot massage and spend very romantic time together. Resort itself has lots of activities to offer .In my opinion no should go out of resort .now the food they offered is so hygienic for kids and menu is wonderful and full of taste. Having tea while playing tombola. Dinner with live music ,campfire with music is so romantic singers are very professional. In afternoon daily I visit to gazebo restaurant. Its a gazab experience trott fish ,pizza, grilled chicken are mouth watering recipes. my heartiest thanks to Mr Ajay and its staff all of them makes us homely experience. Presidential suite room which offers great view of valley ,river and glacier and sound of river is so pleasant and glacier view room is beautiful. The only regret I have that I have that why should I go to mani to see snow with lot of traffic and its waste of all day and miss resort. my kids really enjoyed hygienic food ,doing lots of activities.me also playing pool,table tennis with my wife is wonderful experience in the lap of nature. I miss all staff members ,even singers.every thing is so nice but some problems in wi fi but that is manageable. No one can predict future but I wish that in 2015 I will come to solang valley resort with a bang. I am die heart fan of this resort.Thanks to Mr Ajay and Anita ji.Every resort is made up of walls but to generate life needs a staffmembers like you Miss u all staff members for making my trip so wonderful and we will definitely meet in 2015 with god grace.

Room Tip: Room with glacier view and presidential suite is amazing.
FO_SVR, Manager at Solang Valley Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Solang Valley Resorts Manali. It delights us to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure serving you and we look forward to see you again !!!!
Noida, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

i stayed here for 3 night & 4 days.This is one of the best ever! 2 things stand out for this resort; privacy and service quality. The staff and their service is outstanding.The staff are attentive to guest's needs. Very obliging and they take a lot of effort to suggest various schedules to fit our needs and the timing of activities. One aspect I really enjoyed is their attitude.
Resort is located 8 km above from manali so you can see mountains around which are covered with snow & paragliding from your balcony.
Resort staff had arranged candle light dinner for us which was a great feel.I really need to mention the singers who were singing songs for us were amazing.They made our trip memorable.
They need to have focus only on cleanliness of restaurent area.Thanks to Anita,Arvind,Virat,Praveen & Joginder for all the excellent services provided to us.I am looking forward to see yous guys again...! :)

Room Tip: Always prefer rooms with glaciar view.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed here with my wife for 3 days. Overall experience was good thanks to Mrs Anita marketing head of solang valley resort for recommending me the presidential suite (no321) which offers great view of valley, river and glacier. Mrs Anita had made my hotel booking in other hotels in chandigarh and shimla at a better price.she is always ready to help u with ur query.
Pros
1)Great views
2)Friendly staff
3)clean rooms and well maintained lawn
4)good food
Cons
1) old property with no lift
2) airconditioning was not working till my stay

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
FO_SVR, Manager at Solang Valley Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Mr.Gajinder,
Thank you for taking out your precious time to write a review of your stay at our Resort.
Your appreciation of our great food, prompt services, efficient staff , well manicured lawns and of course the the beauty of nature, in all its resplendent glory- that one can see at the Resort, is very heartening. This keeps us going and motivating us to do better.
Thank you for approving Ms.Anita's assistance in aiding your other bookings too .
As far as the Resort being an old property is concerned Sir, we are just 12 years old . We have tried to bring in the local flavour , not letting the buildings eclipse the luxurious scenery all around.
As far as the air conditioning goes, Sir, forget about AC, we do not even have fans at our Resort as , at a height of 8500ft, these are futile. At this height we concentrate on our heating equipment and not AC.
Hoping to welcoming you again with better services and amenities,

TEAM SVR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I came back from this place yesterday and writing the review today , which only goes to show how amazing it was.

I got this booked from the svr official in delhi , and manish helped me book it. After couple of initial hickips wih the transport, both manish and anita ji in the svr delhi office assured me that there wont be any further problems and thats how it was. We reached there in bit more than 13 hrs even aftrr it being the busiezt time of manali. As soon as we checkedin to our hotel room we completely forgot the tiring jiurney and was refreshed by the amazing and breathtaking view of the glacier and the apple orchids which weee right in front of our room. The stayin in delhi, this seemed to be paradise to us.

The rooms were very nice and spacious for a family of 2 +2 to stay there comfortably. The service was exceptional, you name it and the team there will all get together to try and do it for you.

I called the estate manager a superman, there was a reason for that thouhh. It was a huge property and I everytime i was out of the room and would think of some help or required a help he was right there with a smiling face. He was a hands on guy and would take interest in each and every guests requirement himself. He was omni present with a team of young and dynamic individuals individual's who were equally energetic and would take care of the guests needs.

The food was amazing , with their newly opened italian restaurant which was quite reasonable and could give any five star restaurant in delhi a run for their money.

The icing on the cake was the meal beside the river. It is a breath taking view where the river was flowing right behind the estate rooms with full force and you could sit right close to it listening to the flowing river and enjoying the hospitality of the hotel staff.

All in all I give it a 11 out of 10.

I forgot to mention the location which was again a great afvabtage asbit is almoost 10 kms away from the hustle and bustle of the main manali and very close to salong valley where you can try different advebture sports. Try going ther when rohtang pass is open as that is the main attraction of this place. We started at 3 am for the pass and came back by 9 am to avoid the traffic and it was worth the effort of waking up that early.

Apologies for any spelling mistakes as I have typed it from my mobile but as I said earlier it was worth evrry penny spent. I would like to mention few names but didnt as I respect their personal space and also because they all worked as a team and any individual you speak to would take care of your needs the same way.

Keep up the good work guys and hope to meet you soon.

• Stayed June 2014
Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This was my first time in Manali and decided to stay in Solang valley Resort for four nights(20th June to 23rd of June 14) after going through lot of hotels' reviews on the internet with my wife and two kids (aged 9 & 4) . Let me be pretty objective and concise in my review.

First the goods:-

Excellent views from the hotel, closeby river front, good food, prompt service though it tends to slow down a bit if the hotel is 100% occupied, lot of greenery, outdoor (Basketball, badminton) activities for kids, indoor(Pool, Carrom etc), complementary head & foot massage, close to Solang Valley, don’t have to go through the traffic again for going to Rohtang since it’s out of Manali city & on way to Rohtang.

The Management team led by Ms.Anita, Mr.Ajay, Mr.Virat and Mr.Arvind was very responsive.

Okay now the not so goods:-

if you don’t have your own vehicle and if you wish to do local sightseeing (I paid Rs.2K) or want to go to Mall road more than once then be prepared to shell out big money on taxis since the drop offs from the hotel aren't complementary. Also you have to hire a cab on your own to get dropped to the hotel and dropped back at the bus stand. Also be prepared to face jams of at least half n hour to couple of hours which can be avoided quite a bit if you stay within the city. Secondly the internet didn't work during my entire stay which was very irksome. The credit card machine works only at the discretion of the hotel so keep sufficient cash for settling the remaining bill.
All in all I would rate this as a good property with some improvements like complementary pick from and drop to bus stand and mall road for sightseeing thrown in.

FO_SVR, Manager at Solang Valley Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Solang Valley Resorts, Manali!!
Let me begin by thanking you for your very objective feedback. Few would highlight the positive aspects, while pointing out the negatives.
We highly appreciate your recognition of our picturesque view , the greenery all around, the prompt service of our staff, the complimentary head and foot massage provided , our indoor arena where in all indoor games are available for the guests.
Our proximity to the Solang Ski slopes , where all adventure sports take place, as you wrote , is definitely an advantage and so is the smooth traffic from our Resort to Rohtang Pass. Our heartfelt gratitude for the appreciation.

Now, as far as the negatives go, we clearly do mention in our introductory letter that our Resort is nearly 9Km above Manali.
During season time, the whole of Manali faces the problem of traffic snarls , as people try to escape the heat and holiday in the mountains. We regret that you had to face such snarls.
During your period of stay, the telephone lines were down and hence the problem of not being able to pay by credit card. Similarly for the wi fi. We are trying to change our service provider in the near future and hope that such a problem does not rise again.

During season time, the transport union of Manali , charges left right and centre and none of the hoteliers have any control over it. Morever , their intervention prevents us from using our vehicles for providing sightseeing or pick up & drop. In fact, we have had instances of windshield breaking when we have ventured to do so.
We like your suggestion of the hotel providing pick up, drop to bus stand and to the mall and will try to bring this up in our next meeting with the authorities.

Thanks a lot for taking out your precious time to give us the feedback. We regret the negatives. Our aim is to provide the guest the ultimate holiday experience and shall endeavor to attain this goal. We hope to welcome you again in the near future and give you an unforgettable experience,
.Warm Regards,
Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Apologies to be very late writing this one.
so, we went to Solang Valley Resort on February end after postponing it for multiple times. The reason for us to postpone was sudden heavy snowfall & blockage of roads. But the way these people coordinated with me to book my fresh dates was highly appreciated.

after a lot of deliberation we planned this trip to have our share of snowfall, to stay between ice clad castle and to roam around snow... the obvious choice became Solang Valley Resort after reading all the reviews in Tripadvisor.

well, i am short at words to describe this place. it's actually completely snow clad... the rooms are fantastic with great views. the always happy people out there do every bit to make your stay memorable. The rooms were clean, good toiletries, they put extra room heaters to make it warm, the room service was prompt even if the streets leading the rooms were all snow filled, the food is great.

My dealing while booking the hotel was also a very good experience, where i recollect calling them at least 20times to know if its going to be snow in our booked dates. they could understand my sentiments & never complained.

on our first evening, we kept the curtains open & we could see the drizzle... the plans turning white & so the entire place! FRESH SNOW as light as feather.

they were very nice also to organize a candle lit dinner for us with artists performing LIVE. Our daughter, 4 yrs old was made very comfortable and enjoyed much.

i am uploading some photos, that should give a much better idea how the property is.

also, it's very near to the skiing destination where you can go to indulge in all snow activity.

my review would be incomplete without mentioning Anita, who actually helped me a lot rescheduling my bookings & arranged the whole trip with her crew members.

Overall, a highly recommended place. go & experience the land of snow!

Room Tip: Rooms facing Valley are the best one!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Solang Valley Resort? Share your experiences!