“An awesome home to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vashisht Home Stay and Cafe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manali
Vashisht Home Stay and Cafe
Save Saved
You added Vashisht Home Stay and Cafe to your Saves list
Vashisht Road, Vashisht Village | PO Vashisht, Manali 175131, India   |
Ranked #5 of 205 Manali B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“An awesome home to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This review is a long-time overdue! Vashisht Home Stay is an awesome place to stay –marvelous host, great food, fantastic views, and modest, but clean, rooms. Just give a hint to our Bengali host that you like Bengali food and enjoy the rest of your stay with gourmet food for every meal !!

Though it is not a five start hotel, there is no shortage of services. Tours, camping, car, sightseeing – all can be arranged through our host. Five star for hospitality.

Though Manali itself may not be in my wish list to visit again, I think I’ll go there again, just to stay a few days at “Vashisht Home Stay”.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Goa Velha, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

3rd visit here. Shalu and her small crew will take great care of ya. Starting with a beautiful n clean room, stunning views, to the amazing Indian & especially Bengali foods. It's my Vashisht home away from home.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I must be biased towards Beas to have visited Manali thrice, but this time was blessed with a stay at Vashisht Home Stay and Cafe. Travelling with my 12 year-old daughter only, I needed to blend a comfortable stay with facilities and fun - and lo! it was all there at Vashisht Home Stay and Cafe. With fellow travellers, we arranged a picnic on the riverside, had party at night, tasted all the food I craved for, and embarked on a trek through pine forests to nearby Jogini Falls. I never realised there would be a home miles away from my home and peace and tranquility would be my week-long companion in Vashisht.
There are 3 well-appointed rooms in the Home Stay but ample room to roam about in the common lounge and the cafe. Stunning natural view from the balcony will keep you pondering on the ways of Creation, and a cup of hot lemon tea brought by the host, even before you ask for it, will surely soothe your soul. Even while working, the host finds out time to chat heartily on myriad subjects. The overall atmosphere rings with homely warmth. Thanks to all staff and the management, we will surely make it to Vashisht Home Stay and Cafe sometime again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Well, I visited Vashishth in May 2014 with friends. Initially I had heard about the place being conveniently located yet not commercial. I think this is one of the biggest advantage Vashishth Home Stay has. The views are superb whether you are sitting in the balcony, common lounge or your own bedroom. The rooms are basic with attached toilets and extremely clean. Food too is very very good. The Banerjees who look after the place are very hospitable and do everything they can to make sure the guests are comfortable. I am definitely going back to this place and would advise all nature lovers the same!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Shimla, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I had found this place on TripAdvisor and was little speculative before actually reaching it. The highlight of this home stay is Mala Banerjee who goes to every length to make you feel at home and comfortable. Like she says- Just voice it and it will be done. She makes the most delicious food and does not cut any corners on the portions or the taste. I look forward to staying with her every time i visit the hills. I must mention her place is very quiet and away from the crowds. The views are awesome and a great place to unwind and chill. All the best to her for the future.

Room Tip: Ask for the room that faces the valley and must have peri peri chicken.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I want to come and stay in this house whenever possible. The excellent warm homely atmosphere makes me feel as if this is my own .
Food to whatever my taste wants, rooms cozy and comfy and the view, I don't need to go anywhere to get a better view.
In one word I am now hooked to this guest house- I will go again very, very soon-

Room Tip: ,book well in advance for the room on the south
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Walking into vashisht was like walking into home but only with the most beautiful view ever of the mountains and the constant sound of the 'beas' river. apart from the comfortable rooms and the breathtaking view, what would want us to visit the place again and again would be the most warm and accommodating host, her staff and her food. miss sipping on my mint tea in the warm balcony along with the beas and the himalayas for company !!
we left the place with a wish to have stayed for a few more days......

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Vashisht Home Stay and Cafe? Share your experiences!