“My stay at Snow Peak Retreat Manali” 5 of 5 stars

Snow Peak Retreat
Near Hadimba Temple, Manali, India   |
Ranked #3 of 100 Hotels in Manali
New Delhi, India
“My stay at Snow Peak Retreat Manali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Hi All..if you are planning to make a trip to Manali, I can now definitely recommend this hotel - Snow Peak Retreat. We just returned from our Manali vacation with my wife. We spent around 3N-4D at Manali.

First, the hotel location is very much in main Manali unlike many luxury hotels which are on the highway. Its almost near to the famous Hidimba temple which means you do not have to sweat very hard to locate the hotel as the temple is a famous landmark. Ample parking space - I guess at any time there can be 8-10 cars that can be parked. We were on i20.

Second, the location is splendid. You get an absolute clear view of the City below, the valley, the mountains and the snow capped peaks far behind. The hotel is built in a manner where every room has the same beautiful view of the valley. So it does not matter which category of room you are in. Sorry, I missed to add that the back side of the hotel has a beautiful Apple orchard. We missed its beauty as Nov beginning is an off time for apple trees.

Third, the beautiful lawns or the lawn facing balconies (which all rooms have) provide an excellent opportunity for you to bask under the bright morning sun and sip a hot cup of team or juice if you so prefer.

Fourth, the hotel is clean, rooms are spotless and with all facilities to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms where we stayed was a Super Deluxe room was not very big but was comfortable enough for a couple for a nice stay.

Fifth, the food - This is one are where I feel they can further improve but that does not mean that the food was bad but could have been made tastier, say 4/5. However, the good part is they accommodate your request of any special meal item, like we requested for mutton and we were provided a superb mutton dish at dinner. They also have a small refrigerator (I am not sure if every room had one) which contained Juices, Mineral Water, Beer, Chocolates - of course a paid offering but at very nominal rates. We anyways did not use this.

Sixth and I believe the most important, the staffs were very courteous. The owners themselves take special interest in making your life comfortable. We met Luder Thakur who in fact got married a week back but was very much present at the hotel to manage the operations. A very nice person to interact with. Equally good was Vivek and other hotel staffs. We went during Diwali and were gifted Haldiram Gulabjamuuns..yummy..We in fact celebrated Diwali out there with the hotel staff by lighting candles and playing with fire crackers.

Seventh and I believe this is really important for people like me is the cost. This I believe is a hotel which gives you the best possible facilities in the most optimum budget. Although we went in off season, the rates were even lower but generally the rates are economical and the services are value for money.

That's all from my side. Infact the reason I chose to write such a long feedback was because of the warm hospitality that we received from them. I owe them this for sure. Luder and Vivek..this is for you.. Thanks for the warm hospitality.

All those people who are still contemplating a hotel at Manali can blindly choose this unless you are one of those who will not go for anything below a Five Star. Snow Peak Retreat may not be a five start but in my opinion they are no lesser than a Five star in terms of their warm hospitality. Enjoy your stay here.

You can email me at raana1981@gmail.com if you need any other first hand feedback of this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally good with the same pleasant view. Probably a room in the 2nd floor may provide...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

A newly developed luxurious yet budget retreat amidst apple orchards & just 2 kms away from the hustle bustle of main Manali market, in a pristine Himalayan village called Nasogi. They are still expanding, but the hospitality, uninterrupted views of Himalays, food & service makes it a must stay option in Manali. They are also offering various kind of packages. Additionally, they are also having travel management facilities (Snow Peak Travel) from car hire to adventure tourism facilitated by highly knowledgeable people with vast experiences of local cultures, traditions & environment. You may get better rooms and foods other than Snow Peak Retreat in Manali, but if you consider the service and would like to enjoy the uninterrupted Himalayan view, then no one can beat this property. Being the 5th time visitor of Manali, I must say that those who want to stay away from busy Manali Market in ultimate serenity.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Hotel and location of hotel is supper. If you are a nature lover this is perfect place for you. I stayed in hotel for 3 day 2 night and it was amazing experience. Staff is very humble and helping.
Food is good rooms are neat and clean. I will definitely recommend this hotel for every one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Shimla, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Delivering best of best services to its guests. Snow peak is situated in the laps of nature, with beautifully appointed hotel rooms. Very relaxing holiday. Food was remarkable and the staff is humble too. And my favourite here is Buzo the friendly pet..... :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

First and foremost snow peak is just not a hotel but a Home away from home.

Thank you v v v much Luder and Vivek for making our stay a pleasurable one.

Big thank you to each and evry1 in the hotel with their On time room service and excellent food.

Two lovable dogs Buzo and Maxie.......just not to be missed as they are very nice and playful....

Hotel has excellent view of City and valley and the mountains.......The rooms are very clean and indeed a hotel i would love to come back and stay once again.....

We will surely recommend and would love to come back and stay with our dearest friends Luderji and Vivek........

Once again a big thank you to both of you.

Regards always.........Sujit and Kashish.......

Room Tip: All rooms face the garden...choose whichever.......
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

There is honestly so much I want to say about this hotel because they are so much more than just that.

I have travelled around 11 different countries, including my own and stayed in numerous resorts and hotels but Snow Peak Retreat takes the cake. This has been my most memorable vacation stay ever. It is not only the absolute exquisite heavenly view of the snow peaked Himalayas that I get to wake up to every morning, and it is not only the impeccable service from the staff and the gorgeous rooms or the delicious meals... it is the fact that you matter to them. You do not feel like just another tourist, they are first and foremost about creating relationships and income is simply a by product of that.

As a young woman travelling alone I was very lucky to have chosen Snow Peak Retreat. Luder and Vivek helped me plan everything right from transport from Delhi airport to leaving Manali and assuring me that if I needed help in Dharamshalla that they had friends there. Also the tour around Manali and surrounding areas they arranged was amazingly awesome! I really cannot thank them enough for their kindness and hospitality.

I already extended my stay but if I had a longer vacation I would have stayed even longer. I am most definitely coming back and I'm bringing my troops :) Snow peak will always be the place where India captured my heart.

Thank you soooooo much Luder, Vivek and staff. Namaste :)

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

It was a memorable stay at the hotel , hotel staff was courteous & humble . The owners were very nice & helpful.The food was excellent & the service quality was excellent. The view was excellent from the hotel.Will surely stay again at the hotel once we visit Manali again.Great Experience staying at such a good hotel !!!!!!

Room Tip: Go for the super deluxe room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Snow Peak Retreat? Share your experiences!