“Nice and cozy stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 103 Hotels in Manali
Bhubaneswar, India
“Nice and cozy stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed in this hotel in the month of March 2014 and was really satisfied. Room was very neat and clean and so was the bathroom. Room was spacious and also had all necessary furniture including sofas, dining table, etc. Bed and bath linen was clean. Food was good and they serve only vegetarian food which i loved. What I loved was the view from the balcony. Also there was a small wooden dining table in the balcony where you can have your breakfast and enjoy the view of snow clad mountains. Staff were courteous. Spa was nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony with a view of mountains.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Applecountry98, General Manager at Apple Country Resort, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

I want to thank you for the kind words you said about our Resort and services. Your thoughts are important to us, but we are especially pleased when the feedback is positive. It really means a lot to me and to every one of our staff.

We try hard to provide the best possible services to our guests and their satisfaction is our reward.

Apple Country Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

To sum it up: Excellent vegetarian food. Excellent hospitality and service. Great view from our family suite. And of course the foosball in the reception area - a great distraction on rainy days in Manali.

An ideal place to have a vacation, of course because Manali is an excelltn place for out door acitivity. But enhanced by delicious food when you arrive at the hotel, something that we, as a family always wanted to make a trip memorable. The food prices are reasonable. Please understand that this is someone who lives in Bangalore city's view. Others from smaller towns may find it a bit pricy.

Service was excellent. Want to thank Rakesh, Mast Ram, and other waiters for making our stay especially memorable. Mr Ravi, the manager at the resort was also very helpful. Many thanks to him.

Activities to do:
Solang Valley: Paragliding (short run) Rs 500, horse ride (1 hr) to Shiv temple Rs 250, rpeway tram upslope (5 mins) Rs 500 (per head), zorbing (2 mins) Rs 300 - 30 mins from Manali

Ski slopes: Rs 600 for ski jacket, skis and guide per person. You need to start for the ski slopes before 8 am. Great opportunity for children to play in the snow - 45 mins from Manali

Trekking around Vashisth village to Jogini falls - easy trek - about 1 hr one way, 2 hr return. Excellent view of the mountains. Families that haven't done trekking before can do so easily. - 30 mins from Manali

Whitewater rafting near Kullu - short and long rides - 1 hr from Manali

Jana or Zana falls - drive especially last km is bad - roughly 2 hrs one way - very beautiful ride, excellent picnic location, great authentic food at destination.

Room Tip: ask for mountain view room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Applecountry98, General Manager at Apple Country Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Mr.Amit,

I will convey your special appreciation to my team member Rakesh, Mast Ram and Ravi.

Chandigarh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed in Apple Country Resorts from 12 May 2014 to 15 May 2014. I reached there at 7 in the evening and was welcomed with a welcome drink. The managers who attended us were very friendly and proficient. The staff was excellent. They were warm, well behaved, extremely friendly. The room we got was excellent and had excellent view of peaks. Parking facility was also good. Room was clean, Room service- it was excellent. I must appreciate they are extremely cautious about the service they offer. The resort is just 10 minutes away from Hidimba temple, 10 minutes from the main market. People can even prefer a walk to these two places if they like to. Though very close to market, it was not at all noisy. Sound sleep is what you need the most after you drive to Manali from chandigarh. I got that and i appreciate it the most..!

Apart from above , the food was excellent (It was tasty). I remember the smile of Mr. Mast Ram. I must appreciate the way he greets people with a never ending smile. Food when served with a smile becomes a master recepie. The entire staff was helpful. They were themselves willing to offer any help required.

Well AppleCountry, You made my days. Every time i will go to Manali, you will be my stay..!

I heartily thank-you for the service and hospitality that you provided us with.
Kudos..!

Regards
Manish Sharma

Room Tip: Choose a room with balcony..! To get excellent view of hills..!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Applecountry98, General Manager at Apple Country Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Mr.Manish,

I will convey your special appreciation to Mr.Mast Ram.

Monrovia, Liberia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Me and my wife spent our honeymoon in Manali and stayed at the Apple Country Resort in June 2006. The resort has splendid views of the surrounding snow clad hills. They had a sumptuous daily buffet breakfast that was very enjoyable and the quality of food and variety was good. Their hotel is equipped with a gym for those who like to keep fit. They have a Veg BBQ with Live songs. Their room service was up to the mark, and we cannot remember anything unpleasant during our stay. I would have given them a 5 point rating instead of 4 point if they would serve non-veg cuisine....otherwise a perfect choice to stay for your upcoming holiday in Manali!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Applecountry98, General Manager at Apple Country Resort, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Mr.Hotwani,

Badami, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Manali is one of best hill stations of north india, this resorts adds more life to manali everything in this resort is excellent from rooms to bathrooms , spa , wifi , food . I loved the hospitality given by the staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Applecountry98, General Manager at Apple Country Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Mr.Singla,

Durg, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Had a honeymoon stay over here in room no. 407 from 3rd to 6th may.
It was great tym to b here, all the staff were well mannered n courteous for the service.
You can always find a smile over there face.
Room was well furnished n cleaned.
N coming to the food- it was too good.
In our whole journey it was the best hotel so far travelled and i would like to refer this to others too.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr.Ankit,

Dehradun, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We a family of 04 stayed at Apple Country Resorts from 20 April-14 to 24-04-14. The overall experience was avearge. The positives first. The Property is very beautifuly with good view from the rooms. The size of the room is quite good enough. Parking place and driver dormatory is quite good too. Reception staff is quite good and professional.

The down sides, wifi is limited to one person per room. My daughters were staying together one got wifi the other did not, had to request the manager to get for her too, which was later given but looked that i have asked for a favour.

The Resorts only serves vegetarian breakfast and meals. I had booked my rooms with complemantory breakfast but its vegetairan came to know only when went in the morning to do breakfast. So guests who want to have eggs breakfast should think as no outside restraurents open early morning to serve you non vegetarian breakfast.

The service staff is not vice versed with resort menu. On my last day went for breakfast at 07-30 am as had to travel 500 kms to reach home so wanted to depart early but was told by the restraurent service staff that they can only serve breakfast at 08-00. My younger daughter bought to my attention that the room menu says at 07-00 am, I showed them the menu then the senior manager said we will serve. Guests are aware of timing but service staff not aware. Needs more training.

Regards

Sanjay

Room Tip: Choose Rooms with Mountain View as early morning snow on mountain looks marvelous.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Applecountry98, General Manager at Apple Country Resort, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Mr.Sanjay,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our resort.

While I am pleased that you found our rooms and location commendable, I would like to apologize for the shortcomings you experienced. We also regret that you missed non-vegetarian food at our resort.

I have taken note of your comments and have shared these with concerned departments. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed and actions will be taken accordingly.

Once again I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concern with me.

We are looking forward to serve you again.

Vivek Kapoor

Been to Apple Country Resort? Share your experiences!