I visited here with family of four with my 2 kids and 2 adults for 3 nights and 4 days in mid Aug 2013 and boy i was disappointed . Here is my feedback
1. First This hotel is approx 3 Kms from Mall road or Market and on other side of Manali, which locals now call "New Manali". So keeping that in mind if you want to stay near Mall road
2. I booked a Duplex Room, Rooms were neat, clean , kind of Okay Big. Cupboard was really small to suit a Family. Duplex Room was meant for Four , But towels they provide is only 2 !!!. No Door Mats !!! Means you are going to make your room wet if you are walking in from rain
3. They Welcome you with Fruits, Local but Stale (avoidable ) cookies , Indian White Wine but with no wine glasses !!!!! in your room
4. Bathrooms were clean, Okay but , Bath Tub had cracks, stains
5. They don't provide you hot water 24X7 , surprisingly for a hotel that claims to be a five star and this is not mentioned on their website. So families travelling with kids esp toddlers and babies better brace. There claim of providing was even more astonishing that because it is at such height they can 't provide it . I know many so called lower star hotels in Manali who do provide it 24X7 and for that matter i remember my stay in Sarovar Portico Badrinath which is at much higher height , only open for 6 or so months a year and still proving this basic amenity. Sorry you can 't be even 3 star that way.
6. I have read many travelers comments about Food being good, perhaps i was at bad time in hotel then, Because there food is all but good. Kind of same Breakfast ,very ordinary bakery and equally ordinary Menu and spicy food (my kids did n't ate the food at all) . Food as so spicy that every other customer eating in restaurant was complaining.
7. Now The package they offered me included a candle night dinner but was never offered even when i asked they said they will get back to me and they never did.
8. There prices are way exorbitant does not justify there services at all.
9. Few More things, Lawns are good, but very small
10 Parking place is also small
11 Staff is not well trained , not proactive They will desperately hover around your for Tips
12. Don't book taxi's from Hotel they charge you 5 X of what locals do.
Well Being at such a hot tourist destination and even more being there at Off season, They simply floored our expectation . I think they should learn from feedbacks provided here at Trip adivisor that Luxury and Comfort is not only clean and shiny rooms, but attitude of Hospitality which a guest expects . A sense of professionalism from Hotelier which makes his stay memorable and make him come again
Which i am disappointed to stay i did n't found even for moment
They definitely need to improve and improve alot , I am not sure i will advice this hotel to any of my freinds , They are grossly overcharged. You should look for better options in Manali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the hill state of Himachal Pradesh in northern India, Manali is a picture perfect mountain resort. Covered with pinewoods and apple orchards, Manali has been attracting adventure and nature lovers from all over the world. At an attitude of 1929 meters, it is bordered by the Rohtang Pass, the gateway to the mighty mountain desert-Ladakh. Perched on the left bank of the River Beas, the White Meadows by Manali overlooks a fertile valley covered with gently terraced paddy fields. The majestic snow clad peaks of the Himalayan range provides a breathtaking backdrop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your White Meadows - Manali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Manali Hotel Manali
- Manali Holiday Inn