“One of Best Location Hotel in Manali” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Rohtang Manalsu (HPTDC)

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manali
The Rohtang Manalsu (HPTDC)
You added The Rohtang Manalsu (HPTDC) to your Saves list
Hadimba Temple Road, Manali 175131, India   |
Ranked #62 of 232 Manali B&B and Inns
Delhi
“One of Best Location Hotel in Manali”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2009

I stayed in Rohtang Manalsu Hotel of HPTDC in Manali.

Location is very near to natural beauty and food service and quality is very much satisfactory.

• Liked — Dining Hall and Location
  • Disliked — Maintenance
  • Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

I visited Manali with my wife and two sons in May 2009. After searching a lot on net I booked a four-bed room in Hotel Rohtang Manalsu through HPTDC website. I was not sure about the Hotel quality as it was a govt. tourism department hotel. I booked initially for a day from Mumbai but on a second thought I increased the booking for 2 more days i.e. total 3 nights (4 days). The rent was only Rs. 1100/- per day for a four bed room with Rs. 175/- per person per day for BFand Dinner/ Lunch.

I reached Manali at about 8 pm from Shimla. It was drizzling and atmosphere was very cold. In the night I could not realise about the surrounding of Hotel. However, I went to reception for my room keys. The gentleman on counter was very friendly and cooperative. He immediately arranged to shift our luggage to the room. All the four bedded roms are in old wing (near the reception and has a separate enterance). New wing has only double bedrooms.
The room was very big with two full size double beds, on sofa set, table, dressing table, extra chairs and attached bath with geyser. The beds were clean, quite comfortable and we were provided with total 8 blankets and 8 pillows.
The waiter, withot even being asked, brought a room heater for the comfort and provide us with hot tea.
The room was nicely decorated. However, the staff told us later that the rooms in Old wing are going to be renovated soon hence the care is not as much as it should have been. The carpet in the room was also old but clean.
The hotel has a very big compound (you won't find in most hotels) with lot of greenary. You can have a walk in the compound. The building is also covered with greenary as you see in photograph.
The food was in the dinning hall but they served the food for my 10 yrs old son in the room itself. The dinning arrangemnt was nice. Buffet system but tables and chairs were provided.
Food was of exceedingly good quality with a lot of variety as per everyones taste and quite hygenic.
Breakfast also had a lot of variety from veggies to egg preparations. Quite deliciously prepared.
The best thing I liked was the hospitality, enthu, and dedication of the staff. Whenever we wanted anything to be served in room like cheese pakoda etc., they were more than willing to obilige. The service was perfect and prompt. Normally the breakfast is served from 6 am in the morning. But when we requested them to pack our breakfast even earlier at about 5.30 am next day as were starting towards Rohtang Pass, they immediately agreed. And the amount of sandwiches, eggs, etc. they packed was sufficient for our lunch also.
Really I enjoyed my three nights stay at Hotel Rohtang Manalsu very much and I was happy thet the decision of booking the hotel through HPDTC site was not wrong.

• Liked — Location, food, ambience
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Rohtang Manalsu (HPTDC)? Share your experiences!