“Very beautiful Resturant, Good but very slow service and boring food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Kalinga Cottage

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manali
Royal Kalinga Cottage
You added Royal Kalinga Cottage to your Saves list
Rangri, Manali 175131, India   |
Ranked #50 of 103 Hotels in Manali
Hyderabad, India
“Very beautiful Resturant, Good but very slow service and boring food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Nice place to stay!! enjoyed the wood house and the view surrounded with snow mountains.

The hotel was very unorganized and made me change rooms twice. No proper food, very boring veg food. Daily I had paneer (day1 kadai paneer, day 2 sai Paneer, Day 3 palak Paneer ). it was like hostel food.

Room Tip: All the rooms have beautiful view as surrounded with snow mountains.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ranchi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We had been to this cottage for 3 Night. I didn't dream even the quality of Room, Bed quality, Hospitality they provided me . I must appreciate the attendant ' Bhagawan' , who has provided all sorts of our requirements . The location of this property is excellent. Outside view from the room is very good. Food quality is very good.

Room Tip: Ground floor East facing Window (Room No 3) is Excellent
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Nashik
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We planned for Kalinga this Nov. I booked Kalinga for 4 days 5 nights but when we get reached they shifted at there different cottage that is "Ashoka" and not Kalinga without any reason. We booked package that included breakfast and dinner. Taste of food is very poor which is included in package but if you pay extra they provide taste food, that kindof corruption :)

When we talked to Manager, why they shifted from kalinga to Ashoka and about poor quality food, they just said we need to pay extra for good food and Kalinga is full so they shifted to Ashoka Cottege, I personally not recommend this cotteges becz of poor management and worst food which is in package.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Bhubanesw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had been to this Cottage for a 3 night stay on 13th, 14th & 15th Oct'13. The hotel is so nice, cannot be described. Only thing is that, you have to stay and feel the difference. Magnificient Manali witnessed such types of Hotel. Room quality, Food Quality, Sleeping Bed Quality, Honorably Hospitality, Excellent Room Service, Excellent Clealiness. The care taker Mr. Bhagwan, no doubt, I could not stop Praising him. There is no doubt about it. Again I must say that nobody could believe the above, unless 1 night stay at Kalinga Cottage. Location wise also, it is walkable distance from Manali Mall Road. Desiring to stay once more on my next visit. Just AMAZING... BELIEVE IT OR NOT....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
MUMBAI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had an amazing time with family and friends at Royal Kalinga Cottages Manali, beautiful cottage, clean and well maintained, excellent hospitality, good home made food, kids enjoyed the most...best for family stay...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I travelled to Manali for my vacation. It was first trip and I had experienced very good stay.. The staff is very good and polite. The food quality is excellent. The hotel manager/care taker Mr.Hiralal and his wife look after all the small things themselves including food. Its good spot to stay and economical. Thanks to Hiralal Ji. I would strongly recommend for Family and couple. The rooms are specious and neat/clean.
Also - Special thanks to Mr. Ishwarji who took us to all places.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Karwar, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I traveled to Manali in this May vacation. This was my first trip to Manali and I have experienced the joyful stay in this Hotel. My stay in this hotel was from 7th to 10th May of 2013. The hotel staff members were very polite. The food served to us was good and in time. Room given to us was neat and clean. The kid’s park in the cottage compound was well maintained so our kids enjoyed the stay in this cottage. The service was excellent and we were treated very well. As this hotel is in higher elevation, we enjoyed beautiful view of mountains form our room balcony itself. Overall I recommend this cottage for family stay.

Narayan V. Prabhu
Karwar, Karnataka.

Room Tip: For Excellent nature view ask for higher elevation cottages only.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Royal Kalinga Cottage? Share your experiences!