“GOOD STAY AT A NOMINAL COST” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Beas (HPTDC)

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manali
Hotel Beas (HPTDC)
You added Hotel Beas (HPTDC) to your Saves list
Near Government Bus Stand, Manali 175131, India   |
Ranked #62 of 103 Hotels in Manali
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“GOOD STAY AT A NOMINAL COST”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

After seeing the reviews in TripAdvisor , i came to know that this hotel will be not so polished but will be excellent in terms of location and view. I first doubted but on reaching there really all my doubts were cleared.
Due to unavailability of rooms I had to choose three rooms for the three days i had stayed there.Therefore i can say that i have a lot of experience about the hotel. The first day i had been in the groundfloor family suite which had a really bad appearance.Secondly,there was no view but the sound of the river could still be heard. The next day we had been in two two-bedroom rooms.In these rooms, the quality and appearance was better and it had a beautiful view of the river beas.We had thought that our last day will be the best stay as we were to stay in the Beas Suite which was the costliest of all.Unfortunately it was not so good as it had no view though the rooms were good.
In matter of service they are a little slow and the food quantity they offer is really less.Anyways this hotel is good if you want an economical and beautiful stay.

Room Tip: The double bedrooms are really good and have nice view of the beas river!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Howrah, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had the online booking and reached the hotel at 9:30 pm. Thanks to Mr. Shiv, the driver of our Maruti Omni car to overcome a muddy mountain road under a drizzling sky and a nasty jam at Patlikhul. We offered a ground floor room there which really annoyed me. The room was too small but clean. Really the room was not at per with government standard. After settling for some time, it suddenly revealed to me. In fact, We were just beside the river Beas. WOW.... what an experience that was! It was a chilly rainy night and the river continued its rolling sound all the night just beside our window. It was amazing and was sufficient to forget problems due to the small room. As I am a frequent traveller, I know that the government accomodation is good in India. Just for this room, this is not worthing to derate the hotel. I had checked another room in that hotel and found quite good. In our room, the bed linen were clean and good. The bathroom fittings were dripping but condition were clean. Through the window, one can relish their eyes with a view of the Beas and the hills. We were given free breakfast coupon at their restaurant, Geetanjali, just uphill to Mall road. The quantity was good. We took one dinner there and felt those not bad. The location of the hotel is near Mall and bus-stand.

Room Tip: You can have online booking through their website. Try to avoid to book budget rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Very good place to stay. It's very close to market . Also , it's value for money . River facing rooms are awesome at this hotel . Complimentary breakfast and room service is very good . It's also safe . I would recommend staying at this place instead of some private hotel as there is no cheating here .

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
kolkata
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This Hptdc(govt.) Hotel offers good rooms with very good facilities in an affordable price. Situated a little away(500m) from the noisy town Just on the bank of River Beas and an assured view of snowcapped mountains fromroom.The hotel is situated on the main road leading to Bashistha and Rotang pass and walkable from all facilities (not much uphill /downhill).
Best for honeymooners and families with young old mix as it provides for boyh yype.Online booking is possible through HPTDC(hptdc.nic.in)

Room Tip: top floor suit is the best. all the rooms have good view of the river.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New Delhi, Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We reached there thinking we were 4 but actually we were 6 in the room as there were 2 MAMMOTH RATS in the room till the time we stayed in the room even though it was one of the expensive room which they have.. the situation was that we were unable to use our washroom as we some how manage to close the rats in washroom.. hotel did not offer any help like new room when we complained for it. there were cockroaches on the bed. Floor carpet and quilts were stinking.. The staff was rude like anything till last moment.. they were sweet only once when we put some money (tip) in their pocket.. This trips became a horrible nightmare for us.. POOR HOTEL.. SUGGESTED NOT TO STAY...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kokata,West Bengal,India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I liked this place just because I had a room by the river Beas. Maintenance of rooms, furniture and toilet is poor . Staff seemed to be helpful. Very poor breakfast choices. But it is great value for money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Chandigarh, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Visited Manali in Dec..2012 along with my wife to Celebrate her B'day. Spent 4 nights in the Hotel;December 15,16,17,18. Had gone through the reviews written by travelers on Tripadvisor and was mentally prepared for an Okay type of rooms,service etc. We reached there early say around 6.00 hours went straightway to hotel but nobody opened the door. Had to take a room in guest house for two hours. This was the only bad experience we faced otherwise every experience was very good I must say. I can understand why they didn't open the door it was very cold out there and moreover I was supposed to check-inThey provided extra quilts during night when asked for and moreover very friendly guiding about the local sights. at 12.00 hrs. Still they gave me a room at 7.00 hrs. Rooms are old as the Hotel itself but quite large. i had booked this Hotel for the location and believe me I am proud of my decision. I had booked DBR with Balcony and it was worth. Service is not as bad as some people find .Problem arises when we wnt Tea,Breakfast etc. in our rooms though this is everybody's right. Staff was nice and cooperative. Mr, Chaman-the caretaker,Mr. Sharma -The Manager deserve a good word. In all it is for those who r looking for a safe,affordable,well located place. I will be booking the same Hotel when I visit Manali next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Beas (HPTDC)? Share your experiences!