“Beautiful location, awesome tents” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Goldrop Camps Sarchu and Sissu

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manali
Goldrop Camps Sarchu and Sissu
You added Goldrop Camps Sarchu and Sissu to your Saves list
Lahoul Spiti | opp. Nehru Park, The Mall Manali, Manali 175140, India   |
Ranked #53 of 103 Hotels in Manali
“Beautiful location, awesome tents”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed in Golddrop tents on the way from Leh to Keylong. This is near Sarchu. Reached there at around 5:00 PM. The tents were clean and very nice with attached toilet. We stayed in other tents in this bike ride at places like kargil, tso moriri and chandratal etc. If I compare all these tents, the golddrop tents stand out. Firstly they have enough tents to accommodate lot of people (read big group, we were 16 people), then the overall tent itself is very nice, warm, had nice height, the bedding and overall comfort was great.

Food was good and comfortable as well. And the best part was location. In the morning when you get out of the tent, the views are breathtaking. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pune, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We have been travelling to Sarchu every year as a guided motorcycle tour operator and we make it a point to try out different places to accommodate our guests every year. This year we booked us Goldrop camp at Sarchu (June to September) which has been an excellent experience in many ways.
Firstly I would like to thank all the managing staff of the camp for their hard working and honest spirit. They are doing a super good job - right from Rajesh at the booking office - to Vikram and Vijay for their hospitality at the camp - to the entire staff who does the running around and cooking.
You guys really make it happen! Had some of the most excellent moments of the trip with our groups at the camp and behind the camp with all the marmots playing around, with the camp fires and barbeques running and the space which nature gives us to be!
Coming to the tents, as this is the most important part of your stay at Sarchu - to be comfortable and get good sleep to stay up on the road the next day! The tents are fabulous with very comfortable and clean facilities and an attached toilet! You can get all the extra blankets you want and call for those hot water bags if you're getting too cold, which is needed.
The kitchen is doing a great job for all meals and even the pack lunches are perfect. We took some of our own meat and things to the camp which the boys cooked for us to our requirement perfectly.
Overall a very good experience at Goldrop. Here are a few suggestions for you guys to make it a better season for all of us next year :D
1. There should be provision of buying firewood at the camp for our camp fires or it could be included in the tariff at an extra cost. We understand that lighting up a fire is not possible on all days due to weather conditions but you can always try and twist a little ;)
2. Most of the guests find it difficult to get out of their tents and walk up to the dining area and ask the guys for something they need (eg. hot water, drinking water). It would be great if you have some sort of system which saves the walk, the oldies can rest comfortable. I can't think of anything - its your job :D

All in all Goldrop is a 10/10 for us.
Very good job, keep it up!

Cheers,
Jp

Room Tip: If you are old or have trouble moving around too much at high altitude prefer and ask for tents clos...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nelson, Nelson, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed in the tents on the way back from LEH. Service was excellent and the tent was warm and well prepared. It snowed heavily overnight but the tent was so warm I didn't notice! I would recommend it to any traveller staying at sarchu.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed here for one night on the way to Leh from Manali on 25th June 2012. I had been delayed at the side of the road at Zingzing Bar earlier because of a truck that was stuck on a bridge. The weather had turned cold and I started to feel the beginning of altitude sickness. By the time I had reached Goldrop Camps at Sarchu I was feeling really ill. After dinner I told the camp manager and he arranged for some ginger tea and hot water bottles for me. I had a comfortable nights sleep in my tent and the next morning felt so much better. Dinner and breakfast was great and I took a lovely packed lunch with me for the rest of my journey containing the most creamy jacket potato I've ever tasted. The staff at the camp were so helpful and I felt really looked after during my sickness. Would definitely recommend this camp.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at Sarch twice & Sissu once. At both camps the level of service from the staff was exceptional. They didn't just bend over backwards they doubled right over to help assist in a comfy stay.
The tents are great, very clean, ample bedding and an ensuite bathroom & to make that stay a little better one gets a "hot water bottle" ensuring a warm comfy nights sleep (at Sarchu Camp).
Rajesh (who owns both camps) has a strong ethos of integrity & he leads by example and it flows all the way through to the staff.
I'd highly recommend a stay at either or both of these camps if one is on their way to Leh. I was cycling & it was a welcome oasis whilst cycling that challenging road.

• Stayed August 2012
Helensville, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is an excellent choice on the Manali to Leh highway. Good tents and absolutely the most helpful staff you can imagine. Comfortable beds with as many blankets as you want as well as a hottie delivered to your room after dinner. It does get really cold up there. These guys make a very hostile but beautiful part of the world as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We know Goldrop team for almost 8 yrs now. It maybe our vehicle tours or motorbike tours, its always a wonderful experience at this camp. Looking at the height and location of the camps, its not a easy job to organise things there and we all appreciate the team work and the most important attitude or people working at Goldrop. Nice team and wonderful leader they have.

People travelling between Manali - Leh route, its one of the good options for overnight stay. Do try it, you will like it for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Goldrop Camps Sarchu and Sissu? Share your experiences!