“pathetic” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The River Crescent Resort

Save Saved
You added The River Crescent Resort to your Saves list
The River Crescent Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2558-1, VPO | Manali District, Manali 175131, India (Formerly Mapple The River Crescent Resort)   |
Ranked #10 of 97 hotels in Manali
india
“pathetic”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

Iwent to Manali with my family for our winter break.When we checked in at midnight we were greeted with a non working lift.Rooms were big neat but there was no hot water in the bathrooms.Morning was worst ,no tea or milk for children and there was no water in the bathroom.breakfast was late and we could not start for our scheduled trip to Rohtang.
I was told that this was a 4 star hotel but even a 2 star hotel has a
better sevice.The new year programme was also very disappointing.Our children were hungry and no dinner was served untill 11:30.
I travel all over the world but trust me this was a very bad experience for me and my family.so pleeeese stay away.

• Liked — big and clean rooms
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

Nice courteous staff.
New and well maintained hotel.
Nice rive view.

• Liked — Highly well maintanined
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

I went to manali with my family for a 7 day leisure trip in the month of June.Booked this hotel through an online travel agency,after checking all the options(it seemed the best after Holiday inn (my 1st choice)which was totally booked).The tariffs were high compared to other hotels & I was informed that it was a new 4 star hotel.The building was good(new),but there was nothing to match my expectations! My family felt cheated as even the services mentioned in my booking reciept ,were not available!!
Few letdowns:
1) The hotel's central Airconditioning was not working for the entire duration of my stay & since it was peak summer,& place was hot during the day,it was quite miserable!
2)No Newspaper,even on demand!
3)Can u Imagine ,elevators not workin in a 4 Star hotel! Had to climb the stairs everytime & my elderly parents had a tough time!
Initially the staff informed that the work was On & the lifts would be working in a couple of hours.But they never worked all through the stay!I guess the hotel was not yet ready,though they started booking guests on higher tariffs for services that weren't even started!!
4)Food served Is PURE VEGETARIAN ,not even EGGS!! Should have mentioned at the time of reservation!Again felt miserable,couyldn't eat that everyday!
5)Staff was courteous,but not trained well.Esp the housekeeping.
6)Dinner was compulsorily outdoor buffet in the open(no canopies/covers-nights were chilly!).They had a DJ playing LOUD music!!(all eves)Forget any relaxation/sleep before midnight!

Good Part:
1) Even though I & my family enjoys only Non Veg Food,We did find the kitchen staff very courteous & enthusiastic!Happily served hot Naans/Rotis..etc

• Liked — Nothing really
  • Disliked — NO LIFTS/NO AC/.....
  • Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The River Crescent Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The River Crescent Resort

Address: 2558-1, VPO | Manali District, Manali 175131, India (Formerly Mapple The River Crescent Resort)
Location: India > Himachal Pradesh > Manali
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #10 of 97 hotels in Manali
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The River Crescent Resort 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The River Crescent Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage The River Crescent Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.