“Average Hotel and DISHONEST STAFF MEMBERS” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Greenfields

You added Hotel Greenfields to your Saves list
Hotel Greenfields
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Himachal Tourism Log Huts, Distt.kullu, Manali, India   |
Ranked #11 of 107 Hotels in Manali
New Delhi, India
“Average Hotel and DISHONEST STAFF MEMBERS”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. Rooms were ok not too fancy. Located far away from centre. I could live with that but the worst part was - Due to peak season I could not book volvo tickets for my return journey in advance. During checkin hotel staff member asked me if I have booked my return tickets. I told him that I will go to the centre in the evening and will then book it. He straightaway said that I needn't go any where as hotel will arrange the same for me at no extra cost . He called someone and then informed me that Volvo is totally sold out for the date I'm looking for therefore he can arrange the same for me in Deluxe (Semi Volvo) category. I accepted the offer. On the day of departure it was a big shock that coach booked for me is not even Deluxe also it is not Air conditioned. It was more or like a blue line bus in Delhi. I had my 2 yrs kid with me and due to the fact that I was cheated it had caused a lot of pain to me and my family - Gaurav

Room Tip: Rooms on the above floor of this hotel are comparatively good.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

HotelGreenfields, Owner at Hotel Greenfields, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for your review. As an owner of the Hotel, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you for the bus travel. I can assure you that as a Hotelier, we just provide assistance for travel of the guests and are not directly linked to the travel operators. Also, we make maximum efforts to provide the best of travel operators to our guests. It is likely that the travel operator changed your bus due to over-booking/peak season. Kindly provide us the travel date and the name of the travel operator on our phone or Email so that we can take up the issue with the travel operator and ensure no such problem is encountered by any of our other guests. We take our reviews very seriously and again apologize for the problems faced by you.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Kottayam, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Our plan was to spend a night at Manali, and Greenfields was one of the few budget hotels that was willing to book us for such a short stay. We had reached at the break of dawn, yet we were given a warm welcome. Sharma'ji who runs the place gave us a courteous welcome later in the morning, and helped us plan the day.
A decent b'fast of puri and sabzi was served in the room. The room was well done and cozy. This being our first day in Himachal, we were just too glad to find hot water, this as I ritualized is a necessity in Himachals cold.

Definitely value for money and we'd have gladly stayed here if we were staying longer in Manali.

Room Tip: Since we were only there for a night, our room was to the front facing the road. I would expect the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
pune
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We had stayed at this hotel from 1 May to 4 May 2012 along with the family. Overall stay was good at the hotel as it has all needed facilities though may not be very great. The hotel has good view of the mountains ( with snow when we were there). One should prefer higher floor for the view. The room service was slow like any other hill station service, but the food was good. The staff was very cooperative and helpful. They have got some problem wih hot water which any one would expect due to cold and we had to struggle for this which can be irritating at times. This hotel claim centralized heating which is not the fact. The rooms on first floor - we were provded small heater which was disapponting Please explore other options nearby with little extra cost if you want to be more happy than this place. Rating Very good for View from Rooms and food quality

Room Tip: Prefer Room at a higher floor facing the hills
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Chandigarh, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I was at this hotel with my family. The hotel is clean and tidy with all basic amenities. However, if you are expecting any luxury or star facilities, this is not the place to stay . Overall a nice and comfortable stay.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Jaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Hotel is located in a quiet and lovely surroundings.Room and wash room are clean and tidy. Staff is courteous and always ready to serve.Room tariff is nominal and good value for your money.Over all Greenfields is a nice and comfortable place to stay in Manali.

Room Tip: ask for top floor rooms..... valley facing
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed in the hotel with my family during my visit to Manali in March 2012.
The hotel is very neat and clean , offers great view and is located near to Hadimba temple, about 1.5 km from bus stand. The staff is friendly and very accomodating. Rooms are spacious , well furnished . Good bathrooms and plenty of hot water.
Rates...both room and food fits the pocket.
I would say , its a great place to be in Manali and would recommend it to every one , from honeymooners to family with kids.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

It was my first trip to manali, very nice trip in terms of staying,seeing the natural beauty ,snow,skiing etc.Neat & clean hotel,not even the room but the bathroom was also very clean.The view from room balcony was very nice.The hotel is at very gud location.The staff was very friendly and the cost of room was also low as compared to other hotels.One of my friend told me about this hotel.Thanks to all for making my trip memorable.....

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Greenfields? Share your experiences!