“Excellent kababs and not to be missed lal mans curry” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 1,111 Restaurants in Gurgaon
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent kababs and not to be missed lal mans curry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Located in Park Plaza, the place has an inviting interior. The kababs, sheek, galauti, chicken and shami were all very delicious.So were the paranthas and sheer mal The biryani had an inviting aroma. But what took the cake was their lal mans curry which had a heavenly taste. It is a pity that this is served towards the end of the course. Keep some space for this delicacy. By the time the dessert ( gulab jamun, kulfi,moong halwa and rasbahari) came one was looking forward to paying and getting out. A great buffet experience and efficient service. Must try if you have the guts to keep up with the shower of kababs.!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Best galauti kebab in town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Great Kebab Factory is a safe place to dine... you won't be disappointed with the food and the overall dining experience. The fact that there is a long line up of kebabs that will come your way, kind of hedges the risk of ordering the worst item on the menu!

The food is quite standard, and always quite good. But i go to this place for the galauti kebabs... the great kebab factory serves arguably the best galauti kebab in gurgaon! Add to it some decent main course and good gulab jamuns and kulfi... and you've had a good fulfilling meal!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Delhi, India
“Great Food and immpecable service ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We went to celebrate an occasion at the kebab factory. The Galoti was the best I ever had till now . the staff was courteous and helpful . the manager was there to ensure the flawless service . Will surely come back

New Delhi, India
“Excellent kebabs, ok main course.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I remember dining at The Great Kebab Factory in Radisson a long time ago after which I was invited to its Saket outlet for a birthday party. You are very likely to miss The Great Kebab Factory, in MGF Metropolitan Mall, right next to SelectCity Walk as it doesn't really stand out. Every time I have driven to Saket from home it's never occured to me to explore the MGF Metropolitan Mall. Just in case you are looking to dine here, look for the Bose Showroom, its right next to it.

I normally don't ever have time to attend parties but my undying fetish for Kebabs took me to The Great Kebab Factory last night. The mother ship for excellent Muslim style kebabs Karim's (and now Al Jawahar) are normally very tough to get to owing to their location but if you are looking for a similar experience, The Great Kebab Factory is the place to be as the queues building up at Jama Masjid are impossible to handle on a hot Indian Summer night.

The Great Kebab Factory is one of the coldest restaurants I've ever been to. I really wondered if I should have brought along my winter gear. It was hard to enjoy the food while trying to produce heat by rubbing my hands together to stay warm. What I did like about the restaurant though was the the service. The staff was very attentive but there was a slight glitch when one of the servers yelled at a friend's child - what do I make of that now? Maybe this restaurant needs to train its staff better. The mother of the child was really offended which made my evening somewhat unpleasant.

For the most part the cooking at The Great Kebab Factory was quite bright and fresh, and compared to the silly prices charged in so many restaurants, this was quite well priced. The cocktails and alcohol served did not affect the bill that much even though the alcohol kept flowing all evening.

We were given many different kinds of Kebabs including the Galouti Kebab, FIsh Kebab, Boneless Chicken Kebab, etc. They also serve unlimited main course dishes like Tadka Dal, Paneer Curry, Chicken Curry, Mutton Biryani, Raita, etc. The desserts on their menu include Gulab Jamun, Kulfi, Phirni, Paan Ice cream, Shahi Tukra, etc. They have an an open kitchen and I was really impressed by that because that says a lot about the confidence and experience of the Head Chef - quite impressed.

The decor is quite cringeworthy though, the chandelier's resemblance to a crab was uncanny. (Pic attached) The furniture isn't very well planned either and makes me feel like I'm dining in an alfresco situation. It isn't really clear what the interior decorator was aiming at achieving with the lights, floor, furniture and decor.

I started off with a Mojito which wasn't all that great but what I did really love was the beautiful texture of the silken Galouti Kebab. The Imli Chutney too was absolutely divine. The boneless chicken kebab was a little too spicy for my liking but once i added a little yoghurt to it, it transformed into this delectable kebab that I enjoyed very much. There were quite a few options for my vegetarian friends too which did not look quite appetising to me so I decided not to try them at all.

The have a lot of different varieties rotis and naan bread that a made to order and are perfectly soft. The mutton biryani was quite disappointing. It lacks flavours and is more like a pulao than a biryani. Desserts are quite average and one of them had a burnt taste to it. The Phirni was the best out of all the desserts I tried. I have to take a moment to mention the Paan Ice cream which is a great idea and it tasted wonderful - HIghly Recommend. (Pics Attached)

The restaurant manager told us that they do around 400 different kinds of Kebabs and every time you visit you will be in for a surprising new treat. This then, reads as a mixed review and I suppose it is, but then so was my experience at The Great Kebab Factory.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“An unpleasant dining experience. ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Considering this restaurant serves just two menu choices (meat or vegetarian) its food should be excellent; but we were very disappointed.

The Kebab Factory works by having boiler suited waiters serve a series of kebab style and main course dishes at your table.

In the main, the food was poor with the initial dish, a lamb patty, being soggy and soft. It looked like a chunk of chappie dog food and I imagine it tasted about the same. My cat would have turned his nose up at the fried fish.

At one point I was given a delicious looking piece of chicken on the bone and after taking a couple of bites I found it to be bloody in the middle and very undercooked. I sent it back promptly. To be fair the staff were concerned but considering the limited menu, such an error should not have occurred.

The meal did not get any better with two varieties of dhal, served as part of the main course,tasting strongly of stock cube and little else.

The desert platter consisted of Kulfi ( not bad) gulab jamun, which were not a good texture and an over watery, semi warm rice pudding.

However, the variety of Naan breads, served hot and crispy through out the meal were a highlight.

We had a disconcerting experience when we ordered a bottle of wine. We chose a bottle of Indian Sula, but after a few minutes the waiter returned to our table to advise that They had run out of Sula. He suggested we choose an alternative, pointing out wines at twice the price. My husband then opted for another wine at the same price as the Sula. But surprise, surprise the waiter again returned to say that wine was also out of stock. For a second time, wines at twice the price were brought to our attention. Sensing a theme going on, my husband chose a bottle of Torres, again in the lower price range. This was eventually served to us and was very pleasant, but we were left feeling that pressure had been put upon us to flash more cash to purchase a more expensive bottle.

The reason this review has more than one star is due to the attentive service from some staff which was good.

We won't return.