“Fabulous Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Site 2 Sector 29 | opposite Signature Tower, Gurgaon 122001, India   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #19 of 188 hotels in Gurgaon
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fabulous Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

The Crowne Plaza in Gurgaon is one of the finest hotel experiences I've had for business travel. The place is spotless, authentically friendly with great service, the food is terrific and they are sincere about continuing to improve on an already lovely place. One of the differentiators is how serious they are about security. After the Mumbai attacks, people are appropriately concerned. As vigilant as I am, I felt very safe here. One down side is this is not yet an area that you can walk around in. Given the rate of change here, this may be different in 2-3 years. But for a business hotel, it is simply terrific.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
AditiDas, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, May 6, 2009
Dear Buster8811,

Thanks so much for your lavish praise of our products and services, we are seriously motivated by your encouraging feedback.

During your next stay with us, we not only hope to meet all your expectations but aspire to supersede them in some counts.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards
Aditi

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Thane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

Stayed for a night here during a 2-day trip to Gurgaon. This was the nth new hotel coming up in Gurgaon, and I had tried most of them, so I was curious as to what new ideas this one would have

Well, I was pleasantly surprised... Very modern hotel, with the rooms, beds and bath having the most modern gadgetry to impress. Perhaps a bit overbearing for the old-fashioned, but extremely useful for a business traveller.

Extremely comfortable rooms, with plasma TV. The bathroom was amazing with the ultra-modern fittings. Efficient service, Coffee shop was average. Conference room service failed to impress...

• Liked — Good location, very convenient for business travellers
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

I stayed here in July 2008, on three different visits, and three different experiences. stayed here using my priority points. We were here as tourists.First visit we stayed three nights. The check in experience was good, lovely hotel. The rooms are superb every thing top notch. Really fabulous beautiful rooms with beautiful bathrooms. Huge bed. Only complaint wolud be that iti is not possible to open the windows. Anyways really loved the rooms.
Then we ate at the indian buffet restaurant, although expensive, it was a good buffet, with lots of good food to choose from. I went to the spa for a massage very good and a beautiful place, and the gym is also good..
I found their airport transport price expensive to wee used megacabs instead. All in all after first stay a wonderful stay.
Second stay, we stayed for one night. Rooms still lovely, we went to have lunch at the Brazilian restaurant, the place looks really nice.The main course was good, had a really nice seabass. Thne came dessert was supposed to be vanilla ice-cream with mango. Then out comes this weird looking ice-cream whiuch tasted rotten. looked like it had been frozen half melted for a long time and tasted awful, definately not vanilla. I complained they apologized said they had made a mistake and had given me another ice-cream, they came back with proper vanilla ice-cream, and I started eating it. Then I noticed a black hair in my ice-cream!!!! Grouse, I pointed it out, and it was more like the manager was hiding, An expensive place like this shuold not have hair in the ice-cream.
In the evening we decided to try the room service. This was the longest wait I have ever encountered. We had to wait over an hour after ordering for our food.
Now to stay 3. We just stayed here one day before our flight, this was our last day in India, and I felt it was important for it to be great. This time the check in experience started really nicely, a really nice female receptionist escorted us to our room so we could check in there, we had sparkling water in our room, and a really inice letter welcoming us to our 3rd stay here and since I was a platinum member we could get free internet. This was really great I was happy to have had such a nice welcome. Now guess what happens. My husband tries to get on the internet, and it just gives the alternatives were you have to pay. So I call down to the reception and a cheeky male receptionist tells me I cant have internet for free, when I have a written letter from them telling me I can. It was a mistake he says, because you are here using your points. Seriously this shouldnt happen in a hotel like this first write you a nice letter giving you free internet, then when a cheeky receptionist tells you it is not worth anything.
Well my husband thinks this is ridiculous cause we have a hand signed letter stating we are given free internet, so he calls back and gets another receptionist, and after a bit of discussion he is told it is ok we can have free internet after all. Just wait and see what happens next.

Well since I love seafood we decided to try the Brazilian again thinking they were just unlucky with the hair in the ice-cream. This was our most expensive meal in our whole trip in India. Well we start eating my husband got a lot of meat, but since I dont eat meat I was having only seafood. There were big prawns fish etc, looked really nice. Except the fact they were undercooked and tasted raw!!! You couldnt cut the fish in 2 because it was raw. And since the prawns were undercooked they did not taste good at all. if I We complained, and the manager gets the chef, to show him. The chef says he is scared of overcooking it( so serve it raw!). Unfortunately this chef does not cook good seafood. After complaining , also I have to say this is the only meal in my 3 and a half week holiday in India that I complained about and I hate complaining. Here I didnt have a choice as I was served undercooked food.
Well after complaining a got a couple of fish pieces and prawn piece that was good. Then again undercooked food! Then I got enough of this restaurant. I did not have to pay for my meal. The manager took the problem seriously and asked me to fill out a survey.
Then I went up to my room. Then they rang on my door, and the gave me a chocolate cake and said they were sorry and that it wouldnt happen again. It was a really nice chocolate cake.
Then at checkout, guess what happens. We get billed for the internet. Then I try to explain that we got the letter. Then this cheeky reception man starts raising his voice saying I told you you coldnt have internet, I told them. Then we tried to tell him that my husband had called and he had been told it was ok. Then I get a bit upset, and raise my voice back. Then a man in a black suit comes reads the letter and tells the reception to give us the free internet. I dont know why the hotel should make such a big fuss over this, as they already have the internet so it is not an expense to them. Anyways a bad ending for this hotel.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

Staff can be annoyingly communicative when tired/not in the mood to chat. The cheeriness all felt a little hollow. Very comfortable rooms and nice pool but very pricey for India (14500 Rs a night!?). If business weren't paying there's no way I'd stay here, you couldn't get further away from the real India. Wildfire is good but very pricey (2300 Rs now). I've stayed here twice and will continue to do so with business but I do resent the prices and irritating service.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

Hotel Service was spot on, rooms very comfortable, clean and well stocked with toiletries and bottled water. The entire hotel smelt of mosquito killer so very little danger of being bitten! Gym was small but good quality CV machines. Comparable to other hotels in the Crowne Plaza chain. Wildfire restaurant, the Brazilian onsite restaurant was very good but expensive. All in all an excellent choice for a business stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel several times and at the Trident Gurgaon. Whilst the Trident is more spectacular in terms of the grounds, the Crowne has better rooms (bigger, better bathrooms, more comfortable beds and nicer flooring) and I think better service. Food quality is probably on par but the Trident does have more options.

Either hotel, you will not be dissappointed

• Stayed March 2009
AditiDas, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, February 17, 2009
Dear RobboSingapore,

Thanks so much for your kind words about Crowne Plaza Today Gurgaon, whatever we do at this hotel is carried out with the intension of serving our guest’s needs better, we are happy to know that we have not disappointed you in that respect.

We hope you will give us more opportunities in future to demonstrate our commitment to customer delight, we will be waiting to welcome you back, soon.

Thanks again & Warm Regards
Aditi
gurgaon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2008

in short I can say the serivces are better than any other top hotels I have visited.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon? Share your experiences!