“Great hotel at a reasonable cost in Gurgaon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Site 2 Sector 29 | opposite Signature Tower, Gurgaon 122001, India   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #17 of 195 Hotels in Gurgaon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Delhi
“Great hotel at a reasonable cost in Gurgaon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel is located in a good place in Central Gurgaon right off of NH8 (the highway that leads to Delhi). Most notable to me was their customer service evident in all parts of the hotel. I stayed 7 nights and on my last Saturday, since I had a late flight, I asked for a late checkout which they were able to accommodate. Any additional time could be spent in their lounge with free wifi, ability to order food, and charge devices (though outlets are only Indian style, they will bring adapters if requested). The rooms are comfortable and nicely appointed. I had issues with the pillows, and upon asking , was told there is a menu of pillows to choose from. Would be nice if this was mentioned earlier in a more obvious place. I did not really like the bathroom toiletries (particularly the shampoo/conditioner which can be upgraded) but otherwise, everything was nice and comfortable.
Room service is prompt, but expensive. Breakfast that is included is quite extensive and good. Tea can be improved. For dinner, there are several restaurants nearby in Sector 29, you just need a car or use the hotel car.
The spa was also very good with several options for massage treatments and body scrubs.
Basic wifi was free but slow if you are downloading shows from itunes. Premium is at a cost which I tried to get but without success.

Overall, a great hotel for a business stay (or otherwise) in Gurgaon.I'd recommend it and be back (with my own shampoo/conditioner and I'll call for a better pillow on night one).

Room Tip: Rooms on higher foors that face the pool are nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Guest
Greetings! A big thank you for a candid and detailed feedback about our hotel and your experience. We are also grateful because it is feedback such as these that help us become even better and ensure delighted guests. I assure you that while your compliments will be communicated to the team, your suggestions are being taken on board and processes implemented to enhance our hotel and its service standards. We also look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Arindam Kunar, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Its gonna be my first trip to india for one week and to avoid being lost in translation, i called the hotel for airport pickup today while in am still in singapore. However, i was transfered from the front desk to conciage (which was no one picked up) and had to dial again going through the entire transfer process which eventually lands the call with reservation department after a good twenty minutes! What a first impression...Hopefully things will get better next monday when i arrive. Will update.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Greetings! Thank you so very much for your feedback and taking the time to write about your experience. Your feedback is a great opportunity to address the shortcomings and ensure no recurrence of such complaints in future. I am sure you had a pleasant stay with us, and our Front Office Manager had met you personally.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Although there were some problems at check-in, the hotel staff and management worked hard to make sure my stay was great. After being walked over to their Holiday Inn property, they upgraded me to a nice suite and brought up some wine and snacks. Although it was a tough arrival after a long flight from the US, they recovered pretty well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Guest
Greetings! First of all, apologies once again for the inconvenience on your arrival. I am glad that the team did do their best and happy to note that eventually we were able to win back your confidence. We hope to welcome you back soon. We assure you of our best service standards and the same warmth you have already experienced.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I frequently travel to India on Business and usually stay at the Oberoi.
On this occasion, because I have stayed in Crowne Plaza Hotels in Europe and the Middle East, I thought I would give The Crowne Plaza Gurgaon a try.
I was disappointed.
The rooms are tired really need re-decorating.
They are not what a Crowne Plaza is and do not give the Hotel a good image.
The rooms were also not very clean.
When I checked in, the bin in the bathroom had not been emptied and there was hair in the wash hand basin.
Staff must be told not to speak loudly in the corridors as it can be heard by guests in the room.
The AC was noisy and the room did not cool very well.
My key did not work on three occasions and I was told it was because I was keeping it too close to my mobile phone.
From a security perspective, please request some form of identification when someone requests a key replacement and do not rely on a room number alone, even though the person may be recognised as a guest.
On a plus side, breakfast was good and the team at reception were every helpful and friendly.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Guest
Greetings! First of all, a big thank you for choosing our hotel on your visit to Gurgaon, and also we are grateful for your candid and detailed feedback. We are getting to work right away and also address the systemic issues that may have resulted in some of your experiences. I assure you that we have taken your feedback very seriously and I am certain you will have no reason for disappointment on your next visit. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon, and do experience our hotel again.
Greater Noida, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

staff was very polite at reception....checkin procedure is fast...when i checked in room was nice..operator girl (i think her name is shivee) was very polite when she received my requests.Food of cafe g was awsome....thanking you...I'll be back soon.....

Room Tip: Select room with pool side view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest
Greetings! Thank you very much for your lovely comments about our hotel and the team. I can assure you that Shivee will be immensely pleased to hear about your appreciation. These kind words of praise go a long way in motivating our teams and I can assure you that we will do all we can to delight every guest.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
New Delhi, Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I visited Cafe G at Crowne Plaza on the eve of 9th Apr along with my 6 colleagues for dinner. I was really surprised or rather shocked to receive the pathetic service at a renowned place like Crowne Plaza. We were surprised to see that many items in the buffet were empty and there was no one around to be asked for those, and this was the scene around 8:30PM, which is not late as per indian dinner timing. Later we asked for couple of items to be served on table including breads, we were highly disappointed to see that those did not even got served and instead we were served something which we never asked for...Again As i shared before, it took us 10 min to find someone to pick up those item and again asked for our order, which come partially. In the end we just wind up our dinner as we could.

In terms of service and food quality, I would not even like to compare this restaurant with any fine dining independent restaurant, forget about any restaurant in 5 star hotel. The service was poorer than any road side dhaba.

Surprising, later I shared this feedback on ihg.com website but again reconfirming their service standard, there was not even any auto reply from Crowne plaza side to look into such issues. So finally i am sharing on open social media for other people reference.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Greetings! First of all my deepest and sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. While at the first instance, service lapses should have never taken place, please be assured that as an organisation we are extremely proactive for any feedback received on our channels, and we are unable to locate the complaint that you have mentioned you did. In any case, we have already looked into your incisive feedback and take it on board, even though this may have been an exceptional day. We would like you to return and experience, what we pride as our high levels of service and we are sure that we will be able to convince you that what you experienced was not usual and also the fact that we have taken your feedback seriously. I would much appreciate your letting me know at arindam.kunar@ihg.com and I would personally like to be in touch with you.
Once again, apologies and hope to see you soon.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We held our Trade show here on May'14.Right from checking in to the hotel,I found the hospitality and willingness of the staff to help was great.We had about 150 guests invited for the show and they were all praise with all the facilities provided.
The rooms were spacious and very comfortable,was equipped with all essential items required.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest
Greetings! Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to write such superlative comments about our hotel and the team. These words are surely motivating and encouraging for our team, and I can assure you that we will continue to put in our best to ensure a delightful stay for every of our valued guests.
We look forward to your return soon.
Arindam Kunar, General Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon? Share your experiences!