I've just came back from 5 weeks business trip to India. My stay was at the Crowne Plaza in Gurgaon and I have to say that I was really pleased.
I arrived at Delhi Airport after a long flight from the UK and was welcomed by the airport represenative and the chauffeur. Check-in was done in the car and I could get straight to my room. I was allocated room 5033.
The room was spacious, with a huge bed, a flatscreen TV and an amazing bathroom with a rain shower and a beautiful standalone bathtub.
For the whole duration of my stay, the room was kept immaculate by a very efficient housekeeping team.
Club Lounge was superb, as was the pool area and the Spa. I had an aromatherapy massage and it was splendid !
Food wise, it was absolutely superb with the Cafe G buffets and Wildfire, the Brazilian restaurant.
The only small let down is the lack of consistency in the service. A few examples:
- you arrive in Cafe G for dinner. You are 4 people. The waiter is coming with 3 menus and you need to ask 3 times to get another one.
- you want to order some food in the bar, not all items on the menu are available... Some waiters told us that gravy items couldn't be ordered at the bar, when we had the exact same thing bought to us the night before ...
- whenever there's an evening event (weddings mainly) Cafe G gets undertstaffed and you have to wait forever to get something, including the bills.
All in all, a very pleasant stay but trying to get a few more waiters at Cafe G on busy nights would certainly help and clear and precise rules should be followed and applied for all.
Another suggestion is to try and think about changing the music choice, especially at the bar ... Classical music in a bar at 10pm in the evenings and house music in the restaurant at the same time ?
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone on a business trip to the area. It's really convenient and I really enjoyed myself.
I will most definitely return.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Gurgaon
- Gurgaon Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Today, Gurgaon offers an unique locational advantage to its corporate patrons by hosting them in the city centre of this business district, in close proximity to the domestic and international airport and right next to the 8 Lane expressway that connects it to New Delhi s commercial areas. The hotel has 234 large guest rooms that offer amenities like 37 plasma TV and a Bose Music system among others. The 11 versatile meeting rooms, with high tech features allow for corporate meetings and social functions of various nature and sizes, the fully equipped gymnasium, beauty parlour and spa offers after-work rejuvenation to the corporate guests, the club lounge presents a quiet get-away place to busy executives and these count among the high points that make this multiple award winning hotel stand apart in its products and services. The three restaurants of Crowne Plaza Today Gurgaon include the award winning Wildfire, the first and one of the very few authentic Brazilian restaurants of NCR, the ambience, food and service here reminds one of the churrascaria s of Brazil. CafÃ© G , the world cuisine ala carte and buffet restaurant and Connexions have also proved popular with the alert and exposed patrons who are loyal to this hotel.The contemporary structure, interiors and design adds to Crowne Plaza Today Gurgaon s charms and certainly helps to make it the proffered Place To Meet for elite clients like you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.