“Comfortable and Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars

Fortune Select Global
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Global Arcade, M.G.Road, Gurgaon 122002, India   |
Ranked #70 of 193 Hotels in Gurgaon
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Comfortable and Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Had a good stay. Overall good ambience and value for money. The location for the hotel was great as well. The food was decent but could do better. The rooms are well ventilated and comfortable. It is also very near to some of the corporates and hence it is an ideal place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Fortune Select Global, responded to this review, July 5, 2012

I am delighted to know of your recent experience at Fortune Select Global.

At Fortune Select Global, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

We value your feedback and do look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel soon.

Should you wish to share your experience with others through Trip Advisor.in, please
click here

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Nicholas Fernandes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

When I am in Gurgaon I have been staying in the Fortune Select Global Hotel many times.

The people are very, very friendly and supportive. I found them very helpful with all of my requests. For instance they would cut a Mango for me and remembered it the next day.

The food is focused on Indian dishes mainly. I personally like it very much, but if you depend on Western oriented food, then this might not be your top priority hotel.

The hotel lobby, restaurant and the rooms are very clean, the showers work well and the beds are comfortable. The aircon is working also very good.

The hotel offers free WiFi but the reception is not always great and the power can go down for a couple of minutes during an evening which results in a reconnect. That is enoying for me because I loose time.

I can recommend this as a good solid hotel any time.

Room Tip: Closer to the elevator I found the internet service more stable.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Kullu, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I was in bussiness trip in NCR, stayed first time in this Hotel and find it better than other five star hotels in that area. Room was comfortable and clean.Food was very good.The hotel staff was very courteous and friendly.Will definitely reccomond to my colleagues and friends.

Suresh Chandra.
V.P. Manufacturing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from Fortune Select Global, Gurgaon !

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Gurgaon.

I am delighted to know of your recent experience at Fortune Select Global.

At Fortune SelectGlobal, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Essex, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I stayed at the Fortune Select Global in Gurgaon with my parents in February for 2 nights. Ideally we would have stayed in New Delhi but an international conference meant all the good hotels were booked. We arrived on the Shatabadi from Chandigarh and then got a taxi to the hotel. It was almost an hour away. If you're able to, use the Metro - it's cheaper, quicker and very pleasant.
Positives:
Food - We ate at the hotel restaurant that night and the food was very good. The breakfast is also very good.
Room - The rooms are comfortable and clean.
Location - There is a Metro station two minutes walk away from the hotel.
Negatives:
Sound - It was always very busy with people moving about at all hours and the walls are very thin so we could hear the TV of the room next door.
Staff - I had a problem using the safe and the manager and staff were absolutely awful in trying to resolve the issue. They didn't get back to me when they said that they would and kept me up until 2am promising to get someone to me. Awful! I got some fruit and cake in the room the next day - hardly recompense for the terrible service.
Identity crisis - I don't think this is a business hotel. The amenities are not up to standard and the 'business centre' closes early. Unless you are fully kitted up yourself, this will fall short of expectations.
Travel desk - also poor. We tried to get my parents return tickets on the Shatabadi and the travel desk opened very late and did not have the connections of hotels in New Delhi.
Location - not much else around the hotel, everything is a drive away or you have to get on the Metro. It's also not on the Metro line for the airport so you have to get a taxi, and it's not cheap.

So, it's a place to stay but be prepared for rude, surly and unhelpful staff on the front desk and that it's not a 'business' hotel (i.e. not 24 hour in services available). Food and cleanliness are redeeming factors.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Nicholas F, General Manager at Fortune Select Global, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear Guest,
At the outset would like to acknowledge reciept of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at Fortune Select Global, Gurgaon.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

At Fortune Select Global Gurgaon, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

I have been in India just over five weeks and came up to Gurgaon on Tuesday. I was booked here by a secretary in Chennai and didn't have time to look at reviews. Whilst the hotel is clean and acceptable on a basic level it is by no way global, there are many other properties in the Fortune chain - all in India!

I too experienced incredibly loud thumping music throughout the night. The staff thought it would be appropriate to call me at 11.20pm to question my comment on a survey I was asked to complete in the restaurant and funnily enough I was a) still awake due to noise and b) not particularly pleasant as I had been up since 5 am that morning. What I didn't expect was for the staff member to be rude to me and hang up!

Needless to say I checked out in the morning. Gurgaon accommodation is generally more expensive than the rest of India and this hotel is one of the cheapest in the area and there is clearly a reason for that.

This is by no means a western standard business hotel and the fact that I have been going both ends since I stupidly ate there (and having been in India for five weeks already and not got sick once) is case and point.

Finally if you imagine Gurgaon as Canary Wharf this hotel is in Lewisham!

The Trident in Gurgaon is heaven!

Stayed April 2012

Greetings of the day !

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge reciept of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at Fortune Select Global Gurgaon.

At Fortune Select Global Gurgaon, it is our constant endevor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Regards

Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed at the Fortune Select Global from 3/3/12-3/10/12 in room 619 and had a very nice stay. The room was clean and organized and everything was in working order as expected. I had no issues with my room at all. The bed was firm (which I like) so I slept very well. I did experience the loud thumping bass due to a party on the 4th floor as I read in other reviews.
This occurred on Friday night, but other than that- everything was fine.

The hotel staff was very courteous and delivered excellent service, whether we inquired about movies/Cinema, which market to visit, how to ride the metro, which sites to see, where to buy travel goods, etc.

During my stay, we reserved the Agra Taj Mahal package (which included a driver and car from the hotel to Agra and a tour guide for the Taj and The Agra Fort) as well as the Delhi Historical Sites package (8hours and/or 80 kilometers) and both were outstanding. Our driver went our if his way to keep us informed and answer any questions we had. I highly recommend this service be used if such trips are in your plans.

As for the food/restaurants, bars- again no issues. I chose to indulge in full Indian cuisines and strictly adhere to a vegetarian diet which was easily supported via the various Indian dishes. In all instances, I enjoyed the food and local flavors.

A quick side-note for the area itself: There are random power outages which interfere with daily tasks (I was unfortunately in the elevator during one of the occurrences which was startling) but are not a reflection in the hotel itself.

I have no complaints about this hotel and would look forward to staying there again if business brought me back to this area.

Room Tip: If you will be staying at this hotel on a Friday night, ask for a room away from the 4th floor confe...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Fortune Select Global !

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you during your visit to Gurgaon.

At Fortune Select Global, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valueable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Select Global and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Shepperton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Kuoni had selected this hotel for the 1st & last night of our holiday. It overlooks a business area on one side & scruffy countryside the other. It's next to the newish metro with local stalls & shops just along the road. The staff were friendly & helpful & the rooms were great with marble floors & walk-in shower. The breakfast buffet was good with something for all nationalities. We ate dinner in the hotel as we didn't dare risk a local one - a good buffet or a la carte dishes.
There's a Business Centre on the 4th floor & a Fitness Suite. We didn't use either but did walk around the area to watch the local way of life.

Room Tip: Ask ofr a room overlooking the Business area
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fortune Select Global? Share your experiences!