“Great food, good staff. Poorly maintained” 3 of 5 stars

Park Plaza Hotel Gurgaon
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   B Block, Sushant Lok, Phase 1, Gurgaon 122002, India   |
Ranked #16 of 193 Hotels in Gurgaon
Singapore
“Great food, good staff. Poorly maintained”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The airconditioning in the room was faulty. The room temerature was a freezing 16-degrees. Two visits by the night-maintenance guy did not help. Then a room heater was brought into the room to warm the room up. However, the heater too had a loose connection and hence kept stopping. Two times the maintenance guy came to rectify the heater. Spent a sleepless night. A complete no-no when you are looking at full-business-day ahead.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PPGurgaon, General Manager at Park Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We respect your comments beyond doubt and we are contrite that with all certainty you have felt such uneasiness in our hotel.

Guest satisfaction is our prime focus at Park Plaza Gurgaon and I assure you that we have taken your feedback earnestly and asssure you of appropriate corrective measures.

Thank you again for sharing your constructive feedback.
I still hope to have the pleasure of your stay with us in the future.
Should you decide so, please contact me directly to book your room.

Simarjeet Singh,
Park Plaza Gurgaon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ive been a frequent visitor to this hotel , both dining and stay. Its one of my favorite places as its value for money, centrally located, safe and accessible. One of the best places to stay in Gurgaon. Don't miss the Great kebab factory restaurant

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor following your recent stay at Park Plaza Gurgaon.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting the convenient location, good food, value for money and the hospitality.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Simarjeet Singh,
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed last week in your hotel. It was an overwhelming experience from beginning till check out. The staff at reception and in the restaurants recognized me, though it was only a second visit to the hotel.The service was exemplary. The staff is extremely courteous. Rooms are spacious. Amenities are good and comparable with any 5 star hotel. Roof top restaurant called Sky Lounge is picturesque. Health club is small but has all the necessary equipment. The food at The Great Kabab Factory is simply out of the world.
Extremely satisfying experience.Highly recommended.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
PPGurgaon, General Manager at Park Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback! It is our endeavour to provide our guests with the best of our services and facilities. Your words of appreciation will go a long way to motivate the entire team who continue to deliver high level of service to our valued guests.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Park Plaza Gurgaon.

Warm Regard,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

It took only 25 mins from T3 on a cold December night to check into the hotel. The reception was very well lit and warm contrasting to the weather outside and was updated with all check in details, thus took no time to settle in.
There is a cafe right across the reception, very convenient to organise your Business Meetings and since I was delayed because of the fog, I had request my associate to have a late evening meeting to chart out the next day, it was a very convenient location to reach and I was all set for the next day.
Since it was X'mas evening, I was pleasantly surprised to find a Cake delivered to the room, small gesture, but nice.
The breakfast spread was large and very nice, they have a hot and cold section to it and I could even find me favorite kiwi fruit there. Over all, a very good experience and I would recommend this hotel to business travellers to gurgaon

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting the convenient location, buffet spread and the service provided by our staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in near future.

delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

stayed here for 3 days for a business meet. rooms are okay but can do much better with bedding and pillow. reasonable hotel in gurgaon looking into the options available in vicinity. room service as well as location of hotel is great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor following your recent visit to Park Plaza Gurgaon.

Your invaluable feedback is so important to ensure that we continually deliver a wow experience Park Plaza Gurgaon is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. At the same time, I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations.

I have noted your overall experience and feedback regarding bedding and pillow. If you have a moment and are willing to share any specifics on these items it would help me to remedy these concerns. However, regardless of your response to my request I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on trip advisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality.

I'm hoping that you'll visit us again. If you'd like, you can reach me at the phone number listed below. It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer.

+91-9711009928
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Visited on Friday, January 11th 2013 to have a cup of coffee at the coffee shop. Ordered pizza, a cappuccino and tea! The saving grace was the tea, because it was the real thing which I can identify as a tea afficianado! When we entered, we asked to be directed to the coffee shop, and the attendant directed us to the bar instead, where the bartender brought us the drinks menu. We told him politely that we wanted coffee and a light snack. It took a place change and another two attendants to understand what we wanted! It isn't rocket science to understand we wanted coffee and a bite to eat! The cappuccino was horrible for a restaurant of this class and standard! I have had their buffet previously and know it to be good but was rather shocked since the place was a recommendation to my date! Won't be visiting anytime soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PPGurgaon, General Manager at Park Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Harish,

At the onset, I sincerely apologize for the disappointment you experienced during your recent visit to Park Plaza Gurgaon. Guest satisfaction is our prime focus at the hotel and I assure you that we have taken your feedback earnestly and assure you of appropriate corrective measures towards the improvement on concerned areas.Thank you for your constructive criticism which has given us an opportunity to relook at our processes very closely.

Your valuable feedback is treasured and taken most seriously, and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that on your next visit to our property; we can exceed your expectations.

General Manager,
New Delhi, Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I recently visited your esteemed hotel on 21 December 2012, to experience a poor service and low quality food. I had ordered 2 pizzas with ricotta cheese cake slice. OUt of the 2 pizzas one was absolutely soggy and ricotta cheese cake was frozen. When i Complained about this the attendant just said that it is supposed to be like that. However, I am an ardent fan of Park and choose it over many hotels in Delhi. This was an extremely bad experience and I was shocked to see that there was no apology or even effort of turning this whole experience to a better one. I am really shocked to visit Park Plaza Gurgaon.!!!!!!! One of the worst hotels of this chain

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PPGurgaon, General Manager at Park Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Park Plaza Gurgaon!

We appreciate you for taking the time to send the feedback on your recent visit at Park Plaza Gurgaon!

We are deeply embarrassed for the inconvenience caused to you and on behalf of our entire team here at Park Plaza Gurgaon we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.
This is to assure you that we are very focused on our Food and beverage standards and we take pride in our quality of food and services. It is our endeavor to make dining experiences memorable for each of our valued guests. The issues clearly indicates we have fallen short of the standards we aspire for. I have taken it up very strongly with the concerned team members and have put corrective action into place. We will ensure that such incidents are never repeated ever again.

We urge you to look at this incident in isolation and not a generic way that we do business. We are grateful for your support and constant patronage to our organization.

I also take this opportunity to invite you to New Town Cafe, so that we can serve you in the tradition and hospitality that is synonymous with Park Plaza Gurgaon.

Would like to meet you in person on your next visit.

Assuring you of our best services at all times.

Warm regards,
Park Plaza Gurgaon

Been to Park Plaza Hotel Gurgaon? Share your experiences!