“Lively atmosphere even on a Tuesday” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #245 of 860 restaurants in Gurgaon
Cuisines: American
New Delhi, India
“Lively atmosphere even on a Tuesday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I like the atmosphere here. The bar stools are full, the lights are flashy, the music is loud but not loud enough that you can't talk to each other. Even on a Tuesday there were quite a few people in restaurant. I ordered Hoegaarden Beer not realising that it would be Rs 460++ for a glass. But Hoegaarden draft is a nice beer so one can indulge oneself once in a while. The Virgin Mojito ordered by my wife was sweeter than one normally gets if prepared by a good bar man.
I did order Tex Mex Spicy braised lamb (it comes with rice) for Rs 670++. The dish was tasty but I think they have adapted to Indian tastes and the word spicy means 'fire.' This kind of chillies in food you will not get in Mexico also where the food is spicy but certainly don't have so much fire. I had leave quite a bit of it.
My wife had Miami Cubano Chicken stack- Rs 399++ (this was part of a special menu). The chicken was with batter and rice and was quite nice.
TGIF is a good place to go once in a while if you want to go for some lively atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

42% Recommend
Gurgaon, India
“love it here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

TGIF is the place i go whenever i want to unwind.I have been a very regular now to this restaurant and love their food and service.The price is also very nominal and the great music adds up to the experience.This place is definitely recommended.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Delhi, India
“I like it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I like to follow this chain whenever I get a chance. Started visiting this place about a year ago and got hooked on to this for my after work drink and snacks. Quite late in writing a review, especially when I was impressed long ago! Comfortably placed dining tables on both, the ground and the upper level. I like the bar area more and have always got a place of my choice!

Plenty on table in terms of what to eat and drink! These guys make my drink the way I like it. As a matter of fact, I am a man of habits and they never disappoint me with my drinks. I agree that food is a bit expensive but it's worth the money you spend, if in case you do! I'd like to appreciate the staff. All of them are quite friendly and do every bit to make you comfortable. Guys on the bar are great! They play those bar tricks time and again to keep you involved, in case you do not have a company! They can very well participate in discussions if you open enough!

All in all, a great place to be! They have also offered a high spender card to me for some great deals with TGIF! This place doesn’t have a smoking room (unlike many other TGIFs) but you can step out for a smoke and it's not inconvenient! It's good place and you can try it!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
“Worth a hang out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I wasn't so impressed with the Italian stuff. But then the 'Vegetarian Platter' compensated for all, specially the loaded potato skins, the Mexican sauce and the Vegetable pyramids!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gurgaon, India
“Appalling food and service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Went there last evening with family, after ordering waited for over 45 minutes for meal and when the order arrived they had messed up a simple burger....burnt fries (Mc Donald's serves better fries for a fraction of cost) cheese slice looked like as if it had been waiting forever for service...if a picture speaks a 1000 words...this should help....

• Visited June 2013