“Enjoyable but underwhelming experience” 3 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sector 44 NCR, Gurgaon 122004, India   |
Ranked #5 of 195 Hotels in Gurgaon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Enjoyable but underwhelming experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed at Taj Vivanta for 2 nights for the business trip.

The biggest disappointment was in terms of service. Had a dinner at the hotel, much to our disappointment. The service was extremely slow and had to ask repeatedly for a few things. Even after the dinner was done, it took a long time for them to present with the cheque. And even though we had specifically asked for separate bills, they forgot that part. When you are paying for expensive food, you expect equally good service.

The rooms are very good in terms of facilities and interior and view from the room. Rooms were generally clean and well-maintained.

Overall, though good property, still could do with better service.

P.S : After posting the review I got call from the manager about our experience and he confirmed the problems we came across and acknowledged and promised to take actions on them. Though I'm not changing my rating, but that surely deserves a prop.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ajit P, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Gurgaon, NCR, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Vivanta By Taj, Gurgaon and visit to Latitude, the All Day Diner.

I have made good note of the service delays that you experienced at the restaurant and have articulated since. Please do accept my regrets for the inconvenience you must have undergone for such a simple request to be executed.

While I understand that the Food & Beverage Manager of the Hotel called you and personally acknowledged your feedback, please do know that I have addressed the issue to ensure our processes are rectified and does not recur. We have since, purely on the basis of your feedback, once again reviewed and enhanced our service standards; particularly at the closure of a meal.

I invite you back to the Hotel when you intend to visit Gurgaon next and trust that you will find the positive change you seek, when you are here.

Please feel free to contact me for any assistance you may require, in the interim.

Best regards.

Ajit Pavithran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have been staying here for 3 months and I absolutely love this hotel. Very comfortable rooms and friendly staff. 24 hour gym and a great swimming pool make this place one of the best hotels I have stayed at.

Room Tip: Get a metro facing room as 3G connectivity is not very good on pool side rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your email and the wonderful words of appreciation for Vivanta BY Taj, Gurgaon and its employees.

I have conveyed your kind words of commendation to the concerned personnel; particularly, to the F&B Manager and the Chef. Our aim at Vivanta By Taj is to ensure personalised service and customised experiences to our guests, hoping that they would take away fond memories of the Hotel that would go beyond just their stay. I am indeed delighted to know that we were able to give you once such experience and appreciate your lovely gesture to articulate it back to us.

It also gives me great pleasure to inform you that the Hotel and its facilities are now popular destinations in the local and global community, and we would be happy to welcome you back to a bustling and even more enhanced Vivanta By Taj, Gurgaon.

Please feel free to contact me for any assistance you may require, until your next stay with us. I shall look forward to the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Best regards.

Ajit Pavithran
San Ramon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The place is new and does not seem to be very busy, but the personal service that I received there was absolutely excellent. The staff remembered our choices and were more than willing to accommodate our likes and choices. The staff in the restaurant were extremely attentive and went out of their way to ensure that we were happy with the stay. The F&B manager and the chef took pains to create something special for my wife that was very touching indeed. I would absolutely love to stay here the next time I am in Gurgaon and I hope that they keep up the excellent service. The rooms are almost brand new and impeccably maintained unlike my experience at Lalit which was an absolute disaster.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The new entrant in the market-vivanta gurgaon has all the ingredients of being a great hotel. Fantastic lobby with some very warm staff and beautiful restaurants. Checked out the much talked about thai eatery, but decided to try the 24 hour latitude for lunch.
Took a round of the lunch buffet and found the mix of food offered very interesting! Ethenic indian merged with western and an array of oriental dishes seemed to be just the way we wamted it. Coupled with attentive service the meal left us satisfied and we all decided to come back for dinner.The billing could have been faster but gave us some more time to relish the baked yoghurt once again.Definately on our hit list is the sunday brunch here wich i assume should be a riot. Would have rated 5, but for the delay in billing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

great new decor, good beds, very quite. nice views, good service, excellent Chinese food. the staff is very young and needs training and systems, but the smile and enthusiasm makes up for their lack of training. latitude their coffee shop should be avoided. food and taste is disappointing. the location and access to the metro station is an added benefit.

Room Tip: ask for rooms facing the pool. take rooms above the 4th floor.
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have not had the privilege of staying at this property, but had a great experience nonetheless. I visited the property to attend an event in their banquet room recently, and reached a little in advance of the start. Since this was in the middle of the working day, I was looking for a power source to charge my laptop while working on it. I couldn't find any such source in the lobby, and this may have been apparent from my body language, but I was approached by three staff members, including the manager, who directed me to various spots around the hotel where I could work in peace and charge my laptop. As I was a non-paying guest, this level of attention was a pleasant surprise and quite exceptional.

The property as a whole is well designed, modern and airy. Lots of high ceilings and glass frontage makes the place look better than it is. Definitely stands out in comparison to some of the more insipid hotels that surround this one.

The food at the banquet was very good, fresh and not mass-produced. Would certainly recommend the hotel for any conference or corporate event.

Vadodara
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed for 3N here. Would like to point out few things.
- We had not-so-good experience for dinner at Latitude. No-one turned up for attending once we had finished dinner. We waited for about 30 minutes and left on our own till they caught us for room-no wrt bills ;) Mind you it was NOT crowded at that time, in fact very few guests.
- Phones in my room had no labels on it. So did some guess work, but that didn't help & I couldn't get through room-service.
- Bathtub spilled water in whole bathroom when drained.
- Breakfast could be better in terms of items it offered.
- One thing I don't understand is why water isn't served unless asked for!!
- Please do something about sunlight at Latitude. It is not so pleasing to have breakfast in Delhi-sunshine with AC on.
Other than these, it was pleasant experience in terms of room-quality/cleanliness/service as you would expect for such class of hotel. But... expectations are above-average for such class of hotels.

Room Tip: Upper floors offer better view of city
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Vivanta by Taj Gurgaon, NCR? Share your experiences!