“Luxurious Retreat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 195 Hotels in Gurgaon
Los Angeles, California
“Luxurious Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I treated myself to a night at this beautiful property after a week-long trek in the Himalaya. I chose the Trident for its proximity to the airport, luxurious setting and pampering spa...and it did not disappoint. I loved the VIP treatment of being taken directly to my room to check in rather than handling these formalities at the front desk. I enjoyed a fantastic dinner at Saffron restaurant. Highlight of my short stay was the 2 1/2 hour Ayurvedic massage and facial....heavenly!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Trident-Gurgaon, General Manager at Trident, Gurgaon, responded to this review, November 5, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that the ambience, food, massage were to your immense liking.

It is through delighted guests that a hotel gains its true repute and recognition.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

David Mathews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Eaglesham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We set out on our Indian Adventure and the first hotel we stayed in was the Trident, Gurgaon. It was a dream, the hotel is absolutely beautiful and we were treated like VIPs throughout our stay (we returned another twice). The rooms are perfect with the most comfortable bed we found throughout our 4 week holiday and the food was amazing. The swimming pool is a good size and you would never know you weren't in a beautiful countryside setting. The staff were very professional and extremely pleasant. We would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to return.

Room Tip: We were in three different rooms and each one was perfect.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Trident-Gurgaon, General Manager at Trident, Gurgaon, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel and have left with a positive impression of the hotel product and services.

Your positive comments have been communicated to all the members of our team. It is feedback such as yours which motivates our entire team to continue striving for excellence.

The entire Trident team looks forward to welcoming you back.

general Manager
East Hampton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Trident Gurgaon on a recent business trip to India. I've stayed in Delhi many times at great properties and was a little hesitant to give the Trident in Gurgaon a try. I was very impressed with the overall property experience including service, facilities and the overall tranquility of the property.

My room looked out over an infinity pool which was softly lit at night time with lanterns and torches. Housekeeping services and room amenities were superb.

This is a fantastic property if you are looking for a quiet enclave in the Capital Region of Delhi. It's not a party property. It is linked to the Oberoi in Gurgaon, which has more of a party feel.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the infinity pool are quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Trident-Gurgaon, General Manager at Trident, Gurgaon, responded to this review, October 29, 2011

Warm regards,
Cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

This hotel is in the business district of Delhi. It is about 18k from New Delhi but because the traffic is so awful it takes about 45 mins to get there. It is really close to the airport.

The design of the hotel is beautiful, really modern and unusual. We had stayed at three Oberoi hotels prior to this one and knowing they were part of the same chain the service is not as good at Trident. The pool area was a bit understaffed and the staff were less helpful generally.

The restaurant staff were really good though, as was the restaurant. One thing that was really good was free wi-fi at the pool bar and the pool itself was lovely. We were staying for leisure but I think this is mainly a business hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Trident-Gurgaon, General Manager at Trident, Gurgaon, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you appreciate the design of the hotel. The hotel is built to provide an oasis amidst the hustle and bustle of Gurgaon.

Your feedback on the pool staff has been noted. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. I can assure you that this is not a part of our normal service standards.

Your encouraging words on the restaurant staff have been conveyed to them.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

to declare first, i did not stay at Trident, i visited the hotel to meet a friend of mine. In the one hour i spent in the hotel, i loved its ambience, calmness and design. the blue water of the pool in the front of the hotel and swimming pool alongwith the special lightings and real oil lamp along the pathways and litting of fire around the pool takes you to a dream world.

architecuturally they borrowed a bit from rajasthan style. the feel was not a full justice to rajasthan beautiful forts and palaces.

However, i was told that the food was not that great. a regular fare.... and when i reached the hotel to meet my friend, the level of response guidance by the staff was not to the extent expected from a 5 star property.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Trident-Gurgaon, General Manager at Trident, Gurgaon, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you appreciate the ambience of the hotel.

Whilst the hotel is built to provide an oasis amidst the hustle and bustle of Gurgaon, its architecture is a juxtapose between contemporary and traditional styles largely drawing its influence from Thailand and Morocco.

I have noted your feedback regarding assistance provided by the team and have shared this with our team.

I look forward to welcoming you as our guest to experience The Trident Gurgaon, in the not so distant future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Having been to Delhi several times and staying at a couple other top-notch hotels, nothing matches up to the Trident. I spent 7 days at the Trident in September 2011 and simply cannot say enough about it. Hidden behind well groomed knolls, this hotel was my escape from long and busy days working in Delhi. The Trident is a gorgeous escape from the mayhem which is Delhi and provided a place that is calm, quiet and relaxing.

The hotel is beautifully designed with only a couple levels and Zen-like reflecting pools that add to the serenity. The rooms are well equipped large and comfortable, the service is absolutely unmatched anywhere, it's genuine and warm. The restaurants and room-service food is outstanding and the amenities such as the pool and spa made me feel like I was on an island holiday rather than just outside Delhi.

I travel internationally a fair amount and on that rare occasion I get a few hours of down-time I typically stay in my room as a refuge – in this case I loved the room but found that calm I needed by the pool with a book and my iPod. Seriously, I will only stay at the Trident on future visits to Delhi and certainly look forward to my next visit in January.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Trident-Gurgaon, General Manager at Trident, Gurgaon, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you for spending your valuable time for updating your response onto the Trip Advisor.

I am indeed delighted to know that you had a calm, quiet and relaxing stay with us.

The hotel as you may have noticed is unlike any other city hotel, thus providing a perfect refuge from the chaos of the city.

It is through delighted customers that a hotel gains its true recognition. Your positive words have been communicated to all the members of our team.

It is our pleasure and privilege to be your preferred hotel for your future visits.

Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I stay at the Trident again during 2 - 6 October. This is my 3rd time. The hotel is stunning. I like the 1 floor design. The architect is pure Indian style with stunning water ponds. Everything is great. One complaint is about the bed in my room (115). It is not firmed enough where most guests have slept in (either side of the bed) and I have to sleep at the center of the king bed.
For food, I find more pleasant foods at the next door "The Oberoi" Hotel, 361 restaurant. Both hotels belong to the same owner and guests can sign the bills to their rooms. There is a little "passage" that connects the 2 hotels. You may ask hotel staff for the direction. Foods at 361 Restaurant is great. I find Chinese and International meals are excellent. The bar at the Oberoi is also better.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Trident-Gurgaon, General Manager at Trident, Gurgaon, responded to this review, October 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronage.

I am delighted to know that the architecture and the service were to your liking.

Your feedback on the bed has been noted and will certainly be evaluated.

Our luxury complex has got larger with five restaurants and three bars thus providing our guests with a wider selection.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

David Mathews

Been to Trident, Gurgaon? Share your experiences!