“Only great name!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Resort Country Club

You added BEST WESTERN Resort Country Club to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Resort Country Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Pachgaon - Mohammadpur Road | Near Manesar, Gurgaon 122002, India   |
Ranked #88 of 195 Hotels in Gurgaon
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Only great name!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Best western is located in midst the natural beauty of aravlis in Manesar and is spread in acres. Firstly i would like to mention the rooms and services are not comparable to any Best Western grade of proprties and room ambence ,service is comparable to 2 star and 3 star properties and therefore please do not get carried away with the name . This property is good for weekend getaways away from city life and a good place to relax. Overall just average.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Poonam A, AM-Advertising & Sales Promotion at BEST WESTERN Resort Country Club, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Mr. Amit Jain,

So far we have been getting reviews of all our guests on our own feedback forms.

As we are now registered with this travel website, we are pleased to respond to your pending review & regret the delay in response.

We thank you for staying at our resort & affording us the opportunity to serve you. It has always been our endeavor to continually upgrade our facilities & services, to provide the best to our guests which they rightly deserve !

We thank you for your valuable feedback & assure you that on your next visit to our resort, you will find our facilities more than your expectation.

We are also pleased to inform you that our link road has been reconstructed & now our guests have comfortable drive on the road.

Best Western Resort Country Club

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went here on an office offsite, and found the place clean and reasonably. The rooms were a little worn out and the grass a little uneven, but overall nothing that makes you move out.
What makes things interesting is that this place sells itself like a weekend getaway resort, which I dont think it is up to.

Overall: About average

Room Tip: Rooms dont differ that much, so try and pick the ones which are closer to the restaurant.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Cmandal,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We went with our 10 year old son. Just 1 hour drive from ggn (great), the last stretch of road is terrible. Lots of activities for kids - cricket, chess, tennis, then camel/horse rides, darts, a duck pond, rabbits. plus swings etc for the younger kids. This weekend it seemed like a lot of corporates were there so a small family got sidelined and got less attention. the place though a little run-down was still great. The big negative was that they didnt leave enough blankets in the room and we are very cold through the chilly night. the food was ok. service was average. the price though was a lot, for 1 night charges the room facilities were not at all adequate - what made the trip worthwhile was that my son enjoyed all the activities and we got 2 beautiful outdoor days in the sun

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ms. Manshu,

We thank you for affording us the opportunity to host your stay at Best Western Resort Country Club. We are happy to note that you had a comfortable stay at the resort.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was honestly wrongly-swayed by the reviews at Tripadvisor. Best Western, at at its price, is nothing less than a disaster, probably the worst investment you can make on holidays.

Why? Here are the reasons:

a) It took us more than 15 minutes to check-in. The staff at reception kept us waiting and waiting and we had to queue up and ask for the staff's attention.

b) The Bell Boy was so ill-mannered that he himself opened a bag and stuffed a small bag in it. Aren't you supposed to even ask before unzipping a customer's bag?

c) The bell boy asked me to accompany him to the car to pick up the baggage. When I asked him to pick it up on his own from my car, and have it in my room, he looked rather surprised. So, to ensure no goof-up, I did accompany him while my family waited at the reception desk. When he had picked up the luggage, he, to my surprise took another route to go to the room. When I asked him how my family is supposed to find out the rooms, he simply gave me the directions and asked me to call my family on mobile!

d) When I went to have my buffet lunch, I was stopped outside the restaurant Pavilion to show my 'band'. WHen I told the staff member that I don't know anything about the band, he looked at me from head to toe as if to authenticate my way of dressing. Then he let me in! Very very bizarre!

e) The father of all mishaps and which made me strongly speak to the manager was this: On the second day, after I had spent some time out in the sun, I returned to my room to and to my surprise the key card wont work. Upon checking with a housekeeping guy from the room next door, I learnt that key cards are de-activated every day at 12 noon. He asked me to go to the reception, which was about half a mile from Room no 36, to have my card activated. That really pushed me to limits and my patience gave up. Upon seeing my displeased, the housekeeping person did open the room with his master card. When I called up the reception for the same problem, the manager said, "when you come towards the reception" please get your card activated. I argued that such matters need to be told to the guests so that they are not locked outside their own rooms (it was about 2 degree C outside). The gentleman appeared as if there was no big deal and tried arguing with the fact that we are a 'world-class' chain.

f) The staff at the restaurant is consistently moody. They serve only when and who they want. During a meal, when I asked them to get an omlette they simply refused while they were serving other guests, who did not seem to be privileged.

I have a few other points as well but my appetite for complaints has ended. Overall, the place is totally unprofessional, the food is oily and spice; I really doubt if they have a professional chef.

Also, many people at the resort had the same view; quite a few felt un-welcomed.

The cost at which Best Western comes, its totally unworthy. I have been far better ones at a far lesser cost.

Room Tip: Choose a room closer to the restaurants.
Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr.Harsh Vardhan,

We thank you for staying at our resort & affording us the opportunity to serve you. It has always been our endeavour to continually upgrade our facilities & services, to provide the best to our guests which they rightly deserve !

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My father being a gold card member of the club and one of the first members to enroll for the same, our family gets free stay every year with the club and i personally wait every year for the day to come, as i love the peaceful environment of the club where i can relax for few day without going too far from the city and my business. The old cottages and the studio cottages are best room to stay in. The staff is very cooperative and friendly, being a regular guest from such a long time, its a like a family out there with special treatments from all. One suggestion for the club please do something about the connecting road that connects the club to highway, its in a very bad shape.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mr.Dikshant,

Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have organized more than 3-4 large scale corporate events at this club for the past 4 years or so and everytime they get better.
Having said that here are their strengths in this domain:

Well organized team and contact points clearly defined that reduced followups or passing around.
Ms.Rajput herself gets involved and extremely methodical and cooperative.
COnference facilities are well organized with adequate AV arrangements.
Food is a large spread.
Unique requests such as Yoga etc. are available for large groups.

Rooms : Well spaced and organized.
Basic but clean.
Upper end rooms are very spacious.
All rooms are far off from dining etc and that allows a leisurely walk to dining area.
Room linen needs to be upgraded though.

Outside room:
Many activities are available, there is a childrens area, camel ride, swans and ducks in ponds, some basic adventure activities are also there.

Room Tip: Any rooms will be good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr.S.Chandra,

Noida, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I am a member of this resort and going in this resort for last 5 years. If you are looking for a relaxed weekend with your family, this is an ideal place. Its around 5 kms from the main road. The road leading to the resort from the main road is in poor condition. I would suggest all of you to go on Saturday, when you will find more varieties in food, more people in the resort and more fun activities. Choose room number 101 to 105 for extra space, for which you have to pay Rs. 1000 extra. Gym of this resort is in very bad shape. Spa is ok and they charge around Rs. 1200 for full body massage which is on higher side considering the quality and facility. They have one more property nearby this resort, which is better than this one in terms of room and green area. But you have to come to this main resort (even if you booked the other resort) for food and other fun activity. The couple will not find much to do here as most of the people prefer to come with their family. In precise, it s a beautiful resort, with good food (not excellent), lush green areas, lot of play activities for kids and professional staff. Its a true value for money with scope of improvement.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Perfect Leo,

Best Western Resort Country Club

Been to BEST WESTERN Resort Country Club? Share your experiences!