“A Typical Marriott Experience!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Gurgaon

You added Courtyard by Marriott Gurgaon to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Gurgaon
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plot no - 27 B, Sector Road,B Block | Sushant Lok 1, Gurgaon 122002, India   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book early & get 20% Off
Ranked #6 of 193 Hotels in Gurgaon
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“A Typical Marriott Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This a newly opend property near to the airport. Excellent location. Very Spacious Rooms and a OK Sized Bathroom! The hotel is great but not grand for sure! The checkin procedure is swift . The Buffet breakfast has good variations. If u are visiting Gurgaon dont miss this one you will not regret it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kanika H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurgaon, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor about Courtyard by Marriott Gurgaon!

I am thrilled to know you consider our property as the best business hotel that you have visited in Gurgaon. It is indeed a pleasure to hear words of praise for the hotel, facilities, breakfast experience and we are glad that we managed to make your stay a memorable one.
We hope we have an opportunity to serve you again.

Kanika Hasrat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed at the hotel in Jan 2013 after almost 3 months. Had a lot of issues during my last visit in Nov 2012.

But need to compliment the management on an excellent improvement in the hospitality.

The rooms are very well done and comfortable. The courtesy of the staff has improved tremendously. One of the best features of the hotel is their excellent kitchen. I generally have my meals at the Momo Cafe and have been quite happy with the various cuisines.

However the location of the hotel is not the best and takes anywhere between 30-40 mins from the airport. The Gym trainer could have been way better.

But an overall great experience.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on Trip advisor on Courtyard Marriott, Gurgaon!

I am delighted to read your wonderful comments about our hotel’s staff, food and services. We do hope you visit again soon and give us another opportunity to delight you.

Chongqing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

In general, very nice hotel with excellent service. The rooms were up to Marriott standards. The breakfast was quite good and they served a good dosa. The service was outstanding. As we were finishing our breakfast, they approach our children and asked it they would like a Nutella Partha. Kids say sure and less than 5 minutes later they delivered a delightful little breakfast desert. We didn't ask for the treat and I didn't see it on the menu anywhere, but it was a nice gesture that the kids much appreciated.

The only hickup during the stay relates to their airport pickup. I don't recall the exact price, but when you make the reservation they have a "we'll pick you up for 1000 rupees" kind of deal. We booked it to and from the airport for the 4 of us. On arrive, they had two of the Toyota SUV/mini-vans waiting for us. We easily fit in one and had been travelling everywhere as a family in a single vehicle. The next morning at checkout, they tried to book us double for the pickup. I asked why and they said "For 4 people, you usually need 2 cars with luggage". I pulled out the e-mail confirmation and it didn't say ANYTHING about the number of cars, the size of the vehicle or that you paid by the vehicle ... it was a flat rate pickup. After I said something, they tried to justify why but quickly refunded the cost of the second vehicle. This was pretty sloppy and unprofessional and not something I expect of a Marriott property - make you practices clear, but don't promise a flat rate pickup (I still have the e-mail) and then try to double charge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

My managers recommended this hotel, but now I know why - to save budget.
I was visiting Gurgaon during January, hotel felt like being in the fridge. Room was not clean enough, mini-bar was not refilled for 3 days until I complained. Staff was cheesy and over polite torturing me at every step with cliche questions "Sir how are you today" even they saw me 5 min back. Ceiling light was blinking, making me crazy. Some electrical wire was hanging under the bathroom sink. Curtains could not be shut properly. Breakfast room smelled fishy from time to time. Red Zen restaurant was smoky and overpriced. Unpleasant smell in the corridors.
Well, you might say small things, but when I'm 4000 miles from home I want to feel cozy and pleasant. I certainly did not in this hotel! Their tag line 'your pleasure is our mission' is just ridiculous. I cannot recommend this hotel, especially when you can stay in Leela for 1500 R more.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel's customer service and food ranks high. Staff are pleasant and regularly greet you. Front desk staff are friendly and courteous. Concierge is always willing to help but I did notice a difference in ability between various staff. I don't know which I preferred best breakfast or dinner buffet at Momo Cafe. There was a variety of foods for both vegetarian and non veg. I usually have difficultly in finding something I can eat and amazingly never had problem here.

I did not visit the gym during my visit and the pool was closed for repair, neither which affected my stay.

If I were to return to this area, I would look no further. This has it all, customer service, great food options, easy travel to Delhi but be aware of the traffic jams.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor about Courtyard by Marriott Gurgaon!

I am thrilled to know you consider our property as the best business property that you have visited in Gurgaon. It is indeed a pleasure to hear words of praise for the hotel, facilities, staff and buffet experience and we are glad that we managed to make your stay a memorable one.

We hope we have an opportunity to serve you again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed for 1 night in September 2012, and though we really liked its location and the food served at the hotel, we were a little disappointed with its service. The room safe was not working and it took them 3 attempts and one hour to visit the room, replace the battery and have it back in working condition. The buffet breakfast had a very nice variety and staff was very helpful. The kids' diet/ tastes/ preferences were also well catered after. The pool wasn't clean enough as lot of pigeons (and pigeon dirt) were hovering in the area, so we didn't step out in the pool and stayed indoors. We did hear some noises in the corridor at night once in a while. The room sizes are decent and a family of three can easily stay in a standard room. Check-in and check-out processes were quite smooth and the staff in general was always willing to help. Local shops, medical supplies and markets are within convenient access. Just some improvement in customer service and better amenities will make this hotel truly worth paying every penny for! Overall, I would rate my experience as satisfactory.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

During our recent visit to Darjeeling via Delhi, we stayed at this excellent hotel for 1 night on 23 December 2012 and another 1 night on 4 January 2013, different rooms each time, both rooms were spacious, very clean and in very good condition all round. Service was good with all smiles, food was also good in the Momo cafe but the service in the Red Zen was very slow even for a solo eater with only one other table occupied and the choice of food was limited to oriental cuisine!

Overall, an excellent experience, thoroughly recommed it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Gurgaon? Share your experiences!