I'm recently back from a trip to India (Golden Triangle) and we were lucky enough to stay in this hotel on our first 3 nights in India and also on our last night. From our pick up at the airport to our transfer back the hotel as just perfect. The room was spotless and had everything we needed and more, and on the odd occasion we needed something else it was brought immediately to the room. We arrived and departed at ungodly hours but on both occasions the check in (returning for our last night) was flawless, swift, professional and curteous. The concierge was more than willing to answer our million questions/queries/requests, the Bell Desk staff were fantastic as were the security staff - always smiling, and our drivers took on the task as tour guide, advisor, entertainer, translator and on one occasion our personal security (you need to experience booking a train ticket at one of Delhi's train stations to understand that last part!!!!). The hotel is located in the same development as the Ambience Mall - for anyone looking for shopping or restaurants, this satisfies every need. The hotel food (we had breakfast on 3 morning,s dinner in the Indian Restaurant on 1 occasion, snacks at the pool side bar, and used the bar on 1 occasion) cannot be faulted, the variety and the staff were both beyond what we expected. We used the spa on one occasion and found the prices very reasonable and the staff again extremely professional and curteous - you should try and use their Steam Room/Sauna etc - they have seperate facilites for men and women and on the 2 ocassions we used these we had the entire area to ourselves. The only negative (and unfortunately like all negatives it has left a bad taste) on our initial check out (after the 3 nights) the gentleman who checked us out (it was 5 am in the morning and we had attended a wedding reception the night before so we weren't the most awake!!!) he was rude when we suggested that we had paid cash for some of the drivers we had used over the 3 days, he denied it and refused to remove the charges, we asked to be shown our signatures on the sheets which you are asked to sign at the end of any hotel car journey and he said they weren't available..... He really could not have been ruder if he tried, only for the fact that we knew we were returning a week later we would have insisted on speaking to the manager, as whilst the money in question wasn't huge, we knew we had paid cash, rather than argue with him we just left it and said we'd look into it when we came back and paid again. On our return, when we checked in, there was an envelope awaiting us with the cash we had paid for these journeys, so I guess it was resolved, just a pity it happened I guess.
If you are going to India, I would recommend this hotel 100% and already have done! However, do be prepared to spend an hour to get to central Delhi or 90 mins to get to the eastern side of the city.
If I'm back in Delhi, I would definitley make sure I staid here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the recognized gateway business district of Gurgaon in the National capital region (NCR) – The Leela Kempinski, Gurgaon is a contemporary luxury hotel that combines the conveniences of a modern living with the distinguished Indian hospitality. Surrounded by lush green environment and complimented by its location, in mixed-use complex of high-end residences, luxury shopping mall, restaurants, entertainment and wellness facilities make it a perfect lifestyle destination for a business visitors, people on vacation and inveterate shoppers. It’s warm, intimate service delivered by efficient friendly staff highlight the true essence of Indian Hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Leela Ambience Gurgaon Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Leela Kempinski Gurgaon Delhi Ncr Hotel Gurgaon
- Leela Kempinski Hotel Gurgaon