“excellent standard of service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fern Residency, Vadodara

You added The Fern Residency, Vadodara to your Saves list
The Fern Residency, Vadodara
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Central Bus Depot, Station Road, Vadodara 390002, India   |
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Vadodara
New Delhi, India
“excellent standard of service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The hotel serves the best in quality service, the staff was highly courteous, welcoming and helpful.
The rooms were in proper condition, moreover well furnished and well maintained. We loved the food, the positive atmosphere of the hotel and the beautiful view from the hotel.
Would like to come here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Clean rooms with very tasteful decor. Very affordable for the business traveller. Surprisingly very quiet since the hotel is on a main road but the building is angled facing away. Bed and covers are clean and neat and the bathrooms are very well designed and spic and span. I had breakfast and dinner twice and the food was very good. Suggest the buffet since alacarte would work out only if you are in a group. The location is excellent since you get a auto or other transport at the gate and the bus stand is right next door. Overall value for money.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
OM-FRV, General Manager at The Fern Residency, Vadodara, responded to this review, 1 week ago

Thank you for sharing your experience!

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our services at the hotel. Feedback such as yours helps us to walk that extra mile and strive for excellence. I shall go ahead and share the positive impressions with my team.

We look forward for your next visit with us soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for a family vacation. Staff is very co-operative and friendly. Would like to appreciate courtesy extended by Mr. Amit , he was very helpful.

This is a new hotel which is located at a nice location. Few minutes from Bus stop, taxy stand and railway station. Ideal for short stay. Room was of perfect size and had all basic amenities. Linens were clean and fresh. The LED tv played HD channels also (to my surprise). Other facilities in room were electronic safe, tea/coffee maker,....

Thank you for sharing your experience!

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay and liked our services. Comments such as yours, motivate our team to walk that extra mile to ensure the expectations of guests are met and exceeded. I shall share your positive impressions with my team.

Looking forward for your next visit with us soon!

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I think the property is overrated as #1 on tripadvisor as There is nothing so great for it to deserve that rating . However , that comment shouldn't be seen as a negative either . The hotel rooms , bed and linen , bathrooms and towels are neat , food quality is generally good ( except Don't order a biryani ,it was horrible ). Breakfast is not lavish , but whatever was there it was fresh and neatly served. The cutlery is also neat .
The Negatives - rooms are a bit small and whole surrounding area and indoors corridors are suffocating . Service needs lot of improvement . I had to wait 20min for hotel cab at the airport before I had to hire an outside cab to reach hotel( yes , I received the call from the hotel cab driver that he has reached the airport to pick me up whereas I was at the hotel reception for checking in ) There is minimum 20 - 30'min turnaround time for housekeeping and checking out is a painful 45 minutes ! Seems the hotel is heavily understaffed.definitely not suitable for business travellers

Room Tip: Don't take rooms on the station side ,or else you will be woken up by the engine whistle whole n...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
OM-FRV, General Manager at The Fern Residency, Vadodara, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Vadodara!

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write about us on Trip Advisor. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.

I have already made a note of your disappointment and let me assure you, necessary measures have been taken. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I do hope that you have the occasion to visit us again and we assure you of our best service and attention at all times

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I was wid fern fo 2 nights and the type of servicedey provided was excellent! Being a 3 star property, they have all the basic ameneties that any guest expects for his comfortable stay! I was travelling all d way from mumbai by road so on arrival they provided me a welcome drink, then d front office staff helped me with a smooth check inn, 1 of the staaf helped me out with room assistance, then the room was very descent n comfortable although being a transit hotel near to railway station. .then v had dinner in der restaurant named fern cafe n I must say d food was actually delicious n the best part was again the friendly nature of restaurant staff! The house keeping guyz were rely well natured and helpful! Dey were always der 2 help me in jst 1 call! I wud suggestbdz hotel all travellers travelling 2 vadodara..if nothing den atlst stay for a night n trust me u wont regret ever!! Keep it up guyz as fern rocks :) :)

• Stayed November 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Looking forward for your next visit with us soon!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

This hotel is at walkable distance form Vadodara Railway station. I understand that Fern Residency is the old Gaurav hotel which is completely modified to look like a brand new. The modification is so nicely done leaving no trace of the old structure anywhere in your sight.
The hotel is basically a business hotel and seems to run strictly with lowest staff, whether it is at Reception, Restaurant or in the number of service personnels. The size of the room is just right for a business hotel not too congested nor very spacious. Room amenities are modern, AC is good, batch room is neatly maintained. Due to limited staff, our request for a room service was considerably delayed and need to be reminded them twice. Restaurant ambience is good, break fast had limited items but reasonably good. In the buffet dinner, there is no spread of dishes, but the same will be served to your table as per a predetermined plan, be it the type of dishes or the qtys, choice of food is very limited. There is a wify facility but free wifi is applicable only if you opt for Airport transfer. Overall a decent hotel working with limited staff with saving on whatever areas possible. The USP of this hotel is its vicinity to the railway station and the room ambience. Room tariff, on a comparison with other hotels in other cities is high, for the service offered by them. Comparable with Ginger, but food is definitely good at Ginger. Other hotel stayed Soorya, Ginger. This hotel can be in your list if you opt for stay near Railway station.

Room Tip: No specific tips
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
OM-FRV, General Manager at The Fern Residency, Vadodara, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Vadodara!

May I request you to treat this incident in isolation and let it not mar the impression of the hotel, as it is our earnest endeavor to provide you with the highest level of service and to ensure that your stay with us is truly most enjoyable

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

We enjy at fern residency vadodara.every month we are conduct meeting at fern residency vadodara.this hotel food is too good.and hotel location is very good convient .thanks fern hotel.i personaly refer this hotel my each friend.thanks

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Vadodara!

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled and humbled to note your positive reviews about our Hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again at The Fern Residency, Vadodara

thanking you,

Operation Manager

Been to The Fern Residency, Vadodara? Share your experiences!