“VFM” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bangalore
“VFM”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

nice and clean hotel. Service is a little SLOW. but the location and people are good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ROC-Vadodara, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central, Vadodara, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear Mr. Shah,

We thank you for choosing Royal Orchid Hotels for your stay.

Thanks for taking your time to contribute your opinion to all of the global travellers.

We also appreciate your meticulous efforts for motivating the team Royal Orchid Central Vadodara, this encouragement will definitely make spririt of team ROCV high and will further motivate them to keep up the good work.

I want to convwy my special thanks fo for being precise in suggestion and recognising the virtues. I wish to welcome you back again and hope you would see the better and efficient services.

Manoj Sharma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Royal Orchid Vadodara is an excellent property . the rooms over there are very nice and I love their service .
Pinx ( the restaurant ) serves great yummy food . i had a fabulous experience staying over there .

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
ROC-Vadodara, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Orchid Central, Vadodara, responded to this review, May 3, 2012

We thank you for choosing Royal Orchid Hotels for your stay.

We request you to share your contact details of get in touch with us so that we can make you aware about different types of promotions and discount offers time to time.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I along with a colleague had stayed overnight at the Royal Orchid Central, Vadodara on April 19, 2012 on business…as our accommodation was booked by a local business associate, we were offered a discounted rate making the tariff quite attractive.

The hotel being a little away from the city hub had a quaint locale. The edifice looked more like a smart business centre/office complex…probably that goes well with the city character and the hotel residents mostly visiting on business…

I was allotted a room on the fifth floor at the front facing the road with a view of the city all around…the room was quite spacious with very modern furniture and a large LCD TV…the glass-walled bathroom had all top of the line fittings & fixtures…the hotel interiors were well designed with smart minimalistic concepts.

While I did not have any opportunity to dine at the only restaurant of the hotel christened as PinXX, I found many patrons thronging in there for food in the evening. The complimentary breakfast served at the restaurant next morning was highly appreciable…the spread was elaborate with great veg & non-veg preparations…it was truly a sumptuous breakfast at PinXX.

The hotel staffs (at reception, security & restaurant) were friendly and helpful always.

On the overall, Royal Orchid Central hotel was a very smart option of staying at Vadodara…I would definitely like to return to the property on my next business trip…

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ROC-Vadodara, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central, Vadodara, responded to this review, May 3, 2012

Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My experience was really good in this hotel.the rooms were superbly designed and the service provided by the hotel was also very good.
generally people having belief that the food served by these great hotels are not of good taste BUT the food served by this hotel was too too good.
people should stay in this if they ever give a visit to vadodra.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I cannot understand how the Royal Orchid Central hotel ranks as the #1 hotel in Baroda when it is still under construction, in a soft-opening phase. Reviews to date comment on the fact that staff need training, rooms were under construction and guests were shifted or had to wait for room service, yet the hotel ranks #1 in Vadodara. Having stayed, I can categorically state that while it has all the makings of a small boutique hotel, it is nowhere near achieving #1 status yet.

I had been staying at the ITC WelcomHotel Vadodara. (Which I fully recommend). After my business trip, needed to stay one more day. ITC was fully booked, so I decided to prepay for the Royal Orchid Central, on the basis of its #1 Tripadvisor ranking and the fact it has a “Recommended by TripAdvisor” icon on its homepage.

I suspected something was amiss when the taxi driver had no idea where it was. This happened with every taxi and auto I took. (It is about a block away from the Taj Gateway Hotel Akota Gardens – another solid hotel in Vadodara).

The reception is small, and minimalist, with no Royal Orchid branding at all, apart from logo graphics on side doors. Check-in was easy and quick. I had checked into a club room so was looking forward to relaxing in the Residents Lounge. Unfortunately there is no club, nor a Resident’s Lounge in the hotel. I was told that due to Gujurat being an alcohol free state, a club lounge would be redundant, so “club” is just a term that denotes a deluxe room in this particular hotel. Nothing more. I am fully aware that hotel lounges in Gujurat are unable to serve alcohol, as the state is dry, but the hotel staff didn’t seem to be able to understand that you can still have a club lounge and club facilities even if alcohol isn’t served. The American hotels do it all the time!

The only eaterie in the hotel is a small café/restaurant cryptically called “PinXX,” to one side of the lobby. It seating about 55 people. The breakfast buffet was good, but it took more than 15 minutes to get an orange juice when I ordered one during the day. They were having a Punjabi food festival when I visited, and I was told that only the buffet was available for dinner. Although I was not particularly hungry I was informed that I was not able to order a’la carte during the food festival.

The bedroom was small but well appointed with nice furnishings, and slate floor. The bed was very comfortable, the AC worked well, and the leatherette lounge chair in the room was particularly comfortable. The bathroom was tiny, with glass walls that projected into the bedroom giving full view into the shower and toilet unless the blinds are lowered. The price of the wifi was 399++ Rp per day. I had no problem with internet access, finding the wifi to be consistent and high speed for India (450 kb/s), which was a pleasant change to most hotels.

Frustratingly, the hotel has no business centre although the reception did print a document for me after I emailed it to them.

The website and marketing material says this hotel “overlooks” the beautiful Vadodara Palace. Unfortunately after looking at the view from all four directions, I couldn’t find the palace, so asked a staff member to point it out. He pointed to a spire on the horizon, 4-5km away. I guess “overlooks” means you can see it, just. I have provided a photograph of what you can see.

There is also no pool. After a day shuttling between business meetings in 42 degree C heat, it would have been nice to have a swim. Likewise there is no gym, yet. Apparently it is under construction. I was told it will be opened in weeks. When I asked where the pool construction was taking place I was shown to the “rooftop terrace,” which was in the very early stages of construction. Just concrete and reinforcing steel when I saw it. Not quite the rooftop terrace I was envisaging.

Having stayed in other Royal Orchid hotels, I expected this to be a small boutique hotel, which it is. The location in Vadodara could be better, and I am surprised that the hotel has few services for business travellers. It will no doubt be provide a comfortable short stay when it is completed. Hopefully they will amend their marketing material to make it more accurate.

Then, and only then, might it be worthy of the highest Tripadvisor rating in Vadodara.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ROC-Vadodara, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central, Vadodara, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are thankful to you for investing your meticulous efforts and constructive criticism to rate the hotel.

We also appreciate your virtue of appreciating the team for their hospitality and wherever they were marked good.

It was surprising for us that taxi drivers were not aware of the hotel despite of us being in town for more than half and a quarter year, however this is the first time after first quarter of the hotel operation we have received this comment.

The word ‘Club’ was misinterpreted it was just the name of the room category and unfortunately there was no relaxing lounge at the hotel so could not be offered.

PinXX is the brand name of coffee shops in Royal Orchid Hotels and name is very technically devised after many intellectual inputs.

We apologize for having you refused to serve al- a-carte during food festival, on note of which management has decided not to refuse for any menu orders for in- house guests irrespective of the food festivals or promotions running in the outlet.

Business centre is ready but is not open as yet because of some pending aesthetics to be completed.

As you have mentioned about the statement of overlooking the Palace, technically you are right and same has been instructed to be removed from the website so that it may not pose the same impression.

The gymnasium is awaiting the equipments only to be placed.
You could not find the traces of construction of the pool because it will be an eco friendly, prefabricated aqua pool.

The picture of bathroom posted doesn’t belong to us so we would request you to remove it.

The hotel has gradually climbed the steps of ratings started from being at number 36 and reached to number one because of its continuous strive for betterment in services of guests, taking special care of them and personalized services and immediate actions over the guest feedbacks.

Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We visited the restaurant at the Royal Orchid Central for lunch in the restaurant called Pinxx (not sure if I spelt that correctly). We visited it on a weekday for lunch and pleasantly surprised to see no guests. There staff seemed welcoming but found it tough to recommend the right dishes. We had some mughlai cuisine and it was very delectable and tasty. It has the right amount of spices and was not too oily. The breads (naans and rotis) were fresh and perfect. Will visit this place once again to see if the standard is still maintained...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
ROC-Vadodara, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central, Vadodara, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for Choosing PinXX at Royal Orchid Central Vadodara for dining in. We are happy that you remembered the name of the Place correctly.

As per your feedback, we have started paying more emphasis on interactive skills of team members.

We appreciate your gesture for sppreciating the good work of team and motivating them.

looking forward to welcome you again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I recently stayed at the Royal Orchid Central Hotel in Vadodara and had an excellent stay! I am from the US and every time I go to India, there are two things I miss the most, my shower & my bed. This is the first time I went to India, and did not miss either of those things. The beds are extremely comfortable and the bathroom/shower facilities are great! This hotel has an excellent ambiance that is incomparable to any of the other hotels in Vadodara. The staff is sooooo nice! One of the hotel's GM's, Vivek B., went above and beyond to ensure that my stay was as comfortable as possible. On the day of my arrival, I tried to tip one of the employees, Dhruv, who assisted me with my luggage, and he told me he felt bad taking my money and returned it to me!! I stayed at the hotel for about 10 days and I do not even have one complaint about anything (and I'm VERY picky with hotels!)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
ROC-Vadodara, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central, Vadodara, responded to this review, February 29, 2012

We thank you for choosing Royal Orchid Hotels for your stay.

You have actually motivated us to strive further and be at par with your comfort zone.

Manoj Sharma

Been to Royal Orchid Central, Vadodara? Share your experiences!