“Good Place to be!!” 3 of 5 stars

Surat, India
14 attraction reviews
“Good Place to be!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Was use to visit frequent long time back...Have not been here since years.. The best part was on sunday when they serve meals....Bit far away from the main city... Use to be a small place...

Visited December 2011

Surat, India
13 attraction reviews
“Calm and peaceful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

It is a very calm and nice place to be in. Having sometime spent in this place is very relaxing. Also collection of books on Lord Krishna and Bhagwad Gita. So if you beleive in spirituality and some higher powers you will be in an enjoyable space. You can even have a chance to get a maha prasad at 2 pm on every sunday which is a lunch in itself.

Visited April 2012
New Delhi
15 attraction reviews
“Made my Surat trip complete”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

It was marriage season and I stepped in this city to attend one of my cousins'. While staying there, I happened to discover that there is an ISKCON Temple fully operational and I must go. I decided to attend the early-morning rituals to compensate for my whole day absence from devotional atmosphere.

Commuting in the wee-hours of 4.30am by auto amidst cool breeze, I was thrilled more about the closure of the Drashan-curtains (of Mangal-arati) as I happened to be very late. The moment I reached the Temple complex, I immediately wildly "throw" my shoes at the entrance and kept running to the main Temple hall in order to have the last closing Drashan of the Lord before it will re-open after 2 hours. And that was It. I finally had the Drashan of the Lord. Jay! It was most amazing darshan though it was a very short pause before the Lord.

The temple complex is so huge that I really could roam freely anywhere with my hands in the chanting bag whispering the holy names of Lord. The Temple comprises green gardens, abundant and variegated flowers, big guest house, Lord Jagannath's cart for touching our head upon, various sculptures at the entrance, to name a few. And in the main temple hall, it hosts a majestic environment, elaborate Deity worship (Lord's Drashan), book shop, Dioramas, exhibition(s), very tall Surya Deity, etc. Notably there is huge Goshala next to the Temple. Must visit!

Because I was there for 3 days, I visited morning hours on both days before my departure. And, if given an opportunity, I would love to visit there again.

In conclusion, my trip to Surat was complete, all with the blessings of Lord Krishna and His dear devotees. Hari Bol!

Visited July 2011