“Gold Fish- Not worth at all” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Cambay Sapphire

You added Cambay Sapphire to your Saves list
Cambay Sapphire
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plot No X 22, 23 & 24, Opp. Hillwoods School | Sector 25, Gandhinagar 382044, India (Formerly Cambay Spa & Golf Resort)   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Gandhinagar
New Delhi, India
“Gold Fish- Not worth at all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I regret, I ignored other's reviews and booked this property for a one night stay in Sept 2013. They really need to take things seriously. Booking part was easy, I booked a Golf Cottage, on arrival at resort they offered me a Executive Room saying, I have been upgrated, later I found out the Golf Cottages are not just beautiful but also more relaxing. Front desk staff was helpfull, but they asumed and offered me a non-smoking room,where in I wanted a smoking room. It took them 20 mins to change my room in same floor. Travel desk guy had no idea about Gujarat and was acting as a robot, saying that he will check and let me know to my every query. Spa seemed nice but the spa staff seemed least intrested, 3 of them were busy discussing god knows what, I waited for 30mins and left, nobody called me to check what I needed. In room dinning served cold chiken tikka after 50mins of placing the order. The worst expericence was when me and my partner were having breakfast at the restaurant Indus, when a restaurant staff walked to us with a paper saying in there records our room is a single occupied room and complimentary BF will be for one not for two, I had to show him the conformation email showing double occupancy booking. I was embaresed twice during my breakfast. The duty manager did tried helping me out, but i knew I was in deep s#it . I made the worst mistake booking this resort. I will not even recommend Cambay Spa & Golf Resort to my enemies.

Room Tip: Make sure you see the room yourself befor finalysing one, do not fall for the upgradtion trap..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
cambayh0tels, Manager at Cambay Sapphire, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feed back ,We apologize for the inconvenience caused and all your concerns have been taken up to the management and the issues have been addressed ,we look forward to welcome you at cambay properties and we are sure that you will have best experiences of your life with us
Cambay Group of Hotels and Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Cambay @ gandhinagar itself needs a vacation and refresing period. .. never ever conform to 84 unit of golfcource facing rooms.. they will say they have upgraded u to excecutive rooms but actually its a down grade... they are unused and excess rooms only used on pick time booking , hence they are underdeveloped and untidy rooms not properly lookef at.

It will ruin ur holidays. Ur time will go in complaning about every thing.

*swimming pool is under maintannce from about 3 months. . And may not start it start in any recent period. . Pl. confirm before u book ur room.

Part-1

• Stayed August 2013
cambayh0tels, Manager at Cambay Sapphire, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback ,all the concerns of yours have been forwarded and would be addressed,As per the golf facing rooms are concern they are the best and maintained but we look forward for the for serving you as per your expectation upon your next visit
Cambay Group Hotels & Resorts

Travelers are raving about these Gandhinagar hotels

Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

never ever visit this place...we had gone there for our first wedding anniversary and that was our biggest mistake..we reached at 230 dint get our room till 4 though it was pre booked..then we were put up in another room which had the view of their construction site though we had book the golf course facing room..after arguing for minutes did we get our room which just average for the price we had payed...dinner had a staple pin in the pasta..the staff doesnt give a damn..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
cambayh0tels, Manager at Cambay Sapphire, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback ,all your concerns have been forwarded to management and are addressed ,we would want to welcome for to Cambay Group of hotels & Resorts and assure you
to live up to your level of expectations
Cambay Group of Hotels and Resorts
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel is good and has a lovely golf corse but plz be prepared to be greeted by monkeys in the morning. the lobby is nice only thing is that the swimming pool is quite small as compared to the property size. there are quite some facilities to do in the hotel like indoor golf and rife shooting and stuff also has a nice mini theatre.

Room Tip: Choose rooms above the lobby or the golf facing ones
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
cambayh0tels, Manager at Cambay Sapphire, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for the feedback and we would like to welcome you in rest of the Cambay Properties to feel best experiences.
Cambay Group of Hotels & Resorts
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I went gandhingar for business meetings and i stayed in cambay resort and it wasgreat experience for me. Room , food and services all are very good. recreation facilities are excellent.
specially spa and golf is very good. staff behaviour is too good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
cambayh0tels, Manager at Cambay Sapphire, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Sir, Thank you very much for the feedback which would encourage us to live up to your expectations on your next visit , your feedback encourages us to improve every moment
Cambay Group of Hotels & Resorts
Rajkot
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were there for 2n during the last days of our summer vacation and we did this mistake of selecting this place for a leisure stay perhaps on giving higher weight to the words "five-star": But, this was a big blunder by me, that I realized later. Everything was below par for a five-star hotel, whether it is breakfast, dinner, recreation facility or any damn thing. They highlight the sports facility, gaming zone, restaurant etc in their ads and on sight. But, the fact is most of the games are extra chargeable even video games for children, food is not at all tasty and even the cleaning of the swimming pool is too of a bad quality. In all I don't suggest this place on your personal cost. Can be visited as a part of any professional, promotional or academic activity.

Room Tip: If you have to visit, select roadside room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We apologies for the inconvenience caused to you to which we would rightfully take up all the issues to management pertaining to your stay,we look forward to your next visit at Cambay Spa & Golf Resort ,Gandhinagar to which you would find the marked difference , we thank you for your feedback given and we would take it up positively

Cambay Group of Hotels & Rsorts
Noida, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I Had stayed in Cambay resort for official purpose. My stay was of 15 days. From our office we were told to just tell our name and employee id and rest will be handled by the Resort authorities.During those 15 days we had late afternoon shift because of which we didnt use to have breakfast in morning and used to have lunch and dinner at office. I had asked at reception whether breakfast was included or not and they said that no.

On my last day I planned to pay and eat at their resturant.There the resturant manager told me that we had one meal included in our stay.I had a fight with the management. They kept saying that our office should have informed us and because of some miscommunication this happened.I was very unhappy with the Staff, they hid the fact and also lied to us.Its better to talk to higher authority because the ones at reception dont know much.And they dont bother confirming the facts too.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and nicely kept.Mine was near the pool.But it hardly makes any difference.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Cambay Sapphire? Share your experiences!