“Decent business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 143 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Mumbai
“Decent business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

It is a decent hotel. The food has a taste of ahmedabadi flavour. Food is good, not out of the world. No fingers can be pointed out in any aspect. It has everything to cater to your needs and i had a satisfying experience there.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Hyderabad, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Been to the Restaurant for Lunch and ordered simple Fried Fish and Chicken Steak for two of us. They had taken almost 50 Minutes to serve the food and the service attendance was so poor that we had to call them for everything as they would not really look at the Guests to know if they were making any gestures to call them.

Was Wondering if too much of Buffet Culture is making the Service Culture to loose its importance.

It was in all a bad experience as in addition to the delayed service the Air Con was not on and they did it only after half an hour after our being seated there.

Very unconcerned approach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WOWAhmedabad, General Manager at Fortune Hotel Landmark, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Sir

Greetings from Fortune Landmark, Ahmedabad

I would like to thank you for sparing your valuable time to write on Trip advisor and giving us the opportunity for hosting you during your visit to Fortune Landmark Ahmedabad.

I have noticed that you were not very happy with Restaurant services during your dining experience. I regret the inconvenience you have experienced. Since the entire guest are been taken care with the good gesture and our restaurant is also know for the good service & Food in town.

However we are trying to find out the reason of the food delay, for which we would request you to let us know the date if visit to our restaurant which will help us know the reason, also due to low traffic after 3:00 pm and to save the energy we low down the temperature of the air con.

I request you to, please let us know your date of arrival to enable us to take a corrective action. We request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services

At Fortune Landmark Ahmedabad, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Landmark, Ahmedabad and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

With regards

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel is excellently located on main ashram road. you are close to airport and they offer a complimentary airport drop. Also close all the main areas. Gandhi ashram is also around 10 Minutes . check in was smooth and efficient. rooms are decently sized, clean & comfortable. They offer 1 hour free wifi which is an advantage. breakfast spread was good with a nice touch of Gujrati cuisine. staff are very responsive and courteous. Hair dryer should be provided in all the rooms which is these days a standard accessory. Overall a good experience

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WOWAhmedabad, General Manager at Fortune Hotel Landmark, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Fortune Landmark Ahmedabad

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Ahmedabad last Month.

I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our Exceptional services and facilities. At Fortune Landmark Ahmedabad it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valueable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Landmark Ahmedabad and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We spent three nights in this hotel. Hotel is nice, clean and rooms are comfortable. Weather was extremely hot, not a good idea to visit Ahemdabad in May, temperature was over 40 degrees. Although the hotel was good, wasn't impressed with their breakfast. All items lacked taste, I didn't understand why. I
f you hire taxi from this hotel, don't trust the advice given by their travel department. We wanted to tour Ahemdabad and we were sold six to eight our package was good for us. We were told it was good to start early morning and visit Akshardham even though I had repeatedly asked that would it better to go after four, he said no its best to go in the morning. This was wrong advice because Ashardham do a fantastic light show, which only takes place in the evening. We were on the way being convinced by the driver that we should stay there for this show, which would mean we would have to pay more than 8 hours. Do your research yourself, don't rely on hotel's travel advisor, not sincere. Remember Ghandhi Ashram closes at six.
The only person who was really sincere and gave us a good advice at Reception Desk was Dharmesh, rest of them were polite, but not sincere. My husband has seen a rude note been passed to another Reception staff (advicing him on what to say on what to say) when he asked about their Internet package.
I had been asked the Reception staff if they had taken a delivery for me from a sari shop and they kept saying, no mam we will bring it you when it arrives. Its only after I had made enquires, and found out that it had actually been delivered they checked and gave me my parcel.

Room Tip: Do shop around, do your own research and tread carefully. Don't go with Guest relations advice...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Tannajay

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Ahmedabad in the month of May 2013

I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback on Travel desk & reception experience of Miscommunication, While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services

Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stay here whenever I am in Ahmedabad .Very Decent hotel but requires renovation as some amenities look very old.but the service compensates for that aspect. Tried the earthen oven this time which was very good but a tad expensive.The breakfast was as always good.
Definitely worth a visit

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sacrai

Greetings from Fortune Landmark Ahmedabad

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Ahmedabad in the month of April 2013

I am pleased to know that you were very much satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities especially our Roof Top speciality (Earthen Oven) Restaurant. I also would like acknowledge receipt of your feedback on property.

Polis, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was probably the least grand hotel we were due to stay in during our three-week holiday. On first impression the hotel seemed to be in need of refurbishment, but our room was a corner one with double aspect and a large table and four chairs, together with settee, large bed and very good tea/coffee and biscuits provided. Our first lunch was somewhat disappointing as we say near the TV and there is a need for some cleaning or redecoration near the entrance to the kitchen. However, from then on we have nothing but praise for the Fortune Landmark. At dinner the staff were attentive and catered for my Western food needs! They even allowed us to choose our desserts from the large spread on the Buffet and did not charge us. We had a problem getting BBC World on our TV. Reception - who always greeted us by name - arranged for Maintenance to visit the room. He set up a digibox and we had an excellent picture. Widest range of TV channels, too. Breakfast buffet was AMAZING. Superb choice of Indian and Western food and the best bacon. Everywhere we had been the bacon was tough and overdone, but not here. It was PERFECT. Yes, the hotel could do with a refurbishment and some attention to detail regarding cleaning, but we could not fault it otherwise.

Room Tip: Our room was on seventh floor and on the corner. It was very good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Polis

Greetings from Fortune Landmark Ahmedabad

I am pleased to know that you were very much satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities especially Food(Breakfast) & Accommodation.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed for 2-nights on business. This was my second stay at this property, and unfortunately I wasn’t as impressed this time.

Exactly the same issue with internet… it’s incredibly unreliable. This time I refused to go through the entire IT checking process and just immediately requested a wifi prepaid card. My advice… if the wifi internet is not working, just go straight for the prepaid card option… it’s much more reliable.

I had to request an iron and ironing board, which took more than 20min to arrive, and only after a reminder call from me. Then the iron was removed from my room during the housekeeping service the next morning so I had to go through the entire requesting process again on Day 2.

Worst of all, on the morning of my checkout I was preparing to leave and at approx. 5:45am some hotel employee entered my room without knocking and just stood in the doorway glaring at me… I was wearing only a towel. After a few seconds of this I eventually asked what he was doing in my room and he asked me to allow him to check the minibar! Of course I suggested he wait until I dress. How bizarre.

I reported this incident to the front desk on checkout, but the response was just an embarrassed kind of chortle.

I think it’s time for me to find a new hotel in Ahmedabad.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fortune Hotel Landmark? Share your experiences!