“Excellent food, prompt service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rajwadu

Rajwadu
Ambaji Temple | Near Jivraj Tolnaka, Malav Talav, Paldi, Ahmedabad 380026, India
+91 79-2664 3839,
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mumbai
“Excellent food, prompt service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The thali we tried had an excellent balance of Gujarati and Rajasthani dishes. I loved the bhakris or rotis made of coarse grains like Jowar and Bajra.

Service was prompt and courteous. They handled a large 60 strong group of ours very efficiently.

The live ethnic music adds to the overall experience. To an outsider, the place offers shopping experience covering Indian handicrafts etc.

Visited January 2014

Ahmedabad, India
“Package of experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Visiting Rajwadu for a friends' Lohri function on the 13th of Jan, was like a wholesome experience. The ambience of this place is very calming. Bon fire, snacks, masala - tulsi chai in the cold weather just made it one perfect evening! Definitely a must go !

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Navi Mumbai, India
“Glad that I experienced Rajwadu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Being a visitor, I was suggested this place by my local acquaintance and I am happy that he did.
First thing that i noticed about this place was that it was located in the middle of a park and had a huge area. They have an enticing ambiance for my taste.

We found ourselves sitting in an authentic Gujrati setting and the hosts were gracious. In a minute, we were served the thalis and the numerous bowls that accompany a Gujrati thali. I found most of the items, though with good serving of desi ghee, tempting. Kadhi, dal, sabzi, rice and khichdi...everything was worth a serving. Special mention - Jalebi was exceptional!

The lights were really dim and it was difficult to see the food, not a great way to eat. The park had option for swings, folk art and other activities. One can easily spend couple of hours relaxing after the dinner.

If I visit this place again, I would keep a few more hours to explore it better.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mumbai
“Culture with Food .. One of the best experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Rare experience which should never be missed ... The Culture mesmerises you as the Food makes you feel richer. It is an ideal outing for family or freinds who want to be away from the hush hush and enjoy a poeaceful meal with puppet shows or folk dance for company .. THOUROUGLY ENJOYED

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Cultural feast coupled with awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I m thrilled by the very moment I was welcomed with a teeka and a flower. I also made my own pot at pottery shop, played the puppet show for my friends. Added to that was an outstanding performance of dance with several pots on her head by an young lady. My friend enjoyed her turn with three pots. One can not forget such a event if it comes as a surprise in a quick trip. Magic show was also very interesting.
It would be unfair if I miss the tasty welcome drink - yummy pineapple and mint juice.
Food was a feast. Typical gujarathi food whose course never seem to end.
I recommend this to every family visiting ahmedabad. I m told there are similar ones around. But I can't forget my visit to rajwadu. Its clean well behaved courteous and pleasant. I would be eager to get my family there soon.