“Hmm..Better if you can avoid.. Not suitable for more that a days stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad

You added Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad to your Saves list
Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bhawan's College Road, Ahmedabad 380001, India (Formerly Hotel Sarovar Portico)   |
Ranked #51 of 145 Hotels in Ahmedabad
pune
“Hmm..Better if you can avoid.. Not suitable for more that a days stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

I stayed at Sarovar Portico for 3 days. The only good thing I remember about Sarovar Portico is there complementary breakfast :-) The room I stayed in was really small ( some 2500 bucks they charged for it ), kind of smelly. Also, when I came back one day, I found that the housekeeping guys left my room unlocked after cleaning it!

But, they provided complementary drop and pickup from the airport.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Niraj_Tiwari, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, December 8, 2010
Dear Sir,

On the outset, I thank you for choosing Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad as your preferred choice of hotels during your recent visit in Ahmedabad.

I also take this opportunity to extend my heart filled gratitude to you for leaving suggestion comments behind, which I have been able to share with my team to improve on.

I along with my team members look forward to welcome you again in a not too distant future, which definitely give you better feeling towards your stay.

Niraj Kumar Tiwari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

I was a Guest at this hotel in Ahmedabad- excellent staff & service was found in the hotel
Though the area where it is located is average the hotel & its views are pretty good. The staff are trained very well and make you feel exceptionally Important even if you are staying there for a single day. The chef is willing to prepare a particular dish the way you want it modified which makes you feel absolutely at home....Ver comfortable hotel excellent breakfast spread and VERY GOOD SERVICE..... Strongly recommend the hotel & group for travellers both with & without family...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Niraj_Tiwari, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, November 23, 2010
Dear Sir,

I also take this opportunity to extend my heart filled gratitude to you for leaving such encouraging comments behind, which I have been able to share with my team with great pride.

I along with my team members look forward to welcome you again in a not too distant future.

New Delhi (Delhi), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

This is an old hotel with nice and large rooms. My room overlooked the Sabarmati river so it made a pretty sight. While the frills and thrills of new age hotels are missing here, the place is very comfortable. Food is ordinary so dont expect some great recipes, but service is good and the the staff reacts quickly and efficiently to resolve problems. Given the amazing price, it is good value.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Niraj_Tiwari, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, November 25, 2010

Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

Let me describe hotel with certain excellent features. They are
Great surrounding atmospere
very elegent furniture and decoration
Incredible staff
and above all this great experience with this hotel.

This hotel is having all quality which is just comparable to any 5 star hotel as per my point of view. I did not find any single difficulty with the staff or arrangement of the hotel.

I really appreciate this such a good efforts in ahmedabad city.........LIKE IT !!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Jaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

I have been to this hotel recently with my wife and child 7 year old , I had made my reservation online and requested them for transportation from Rajadhan express , I was surprised by seeing well groomed driver with a name card in my name was waiting for me at Railway station

our check in was superb , the dirver himself was holding our room key with a registration card , I would say say well management and great team

I am north Indian so I was asked for my choice of food in restaurant, food quality was good

I had enjoyed my 3 days holidays and willing to go back some time in March

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Niraj_Tiwari, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, November 17, 2010

Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

The Reception and check in process is really smooth. The Hotel Needs room rennovation as quite old interiors and needing maintainance. Main reason of not being able to complain was the hospitable nature of the staff and Reception desk which is very helpful and nice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Niraj_Tiwari, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, October 11, 2010

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

I am a regular at Sarovar Portico. Have been using it since 2001. What I appreciate about the hotel is its consistency of service, quality of food and courteousness of its staff. The rooms are now slightly dated and could do with a facelift. Nevertheless, it is a great value for money hotel to stay in.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Niraj_Tiwari, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, October 5, 2010

Niraj Kumar Tiwari

Been to Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad? Share your experiences!