“The Fern means "flowerless plant"....but this Fern has got lot of flowers!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Fern An Ecotel Hotel

You added The Fern An Ecotel Hotel to your Saves list
The Fern An Ecotel Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Sola Overbridge | S.G. Highway, Ahmedabad 380055, India   |
Ranked #10 of 143 Hotels in Ahmedabad
mumbai
“The Fern means "flowerless plant"....but this Fern has got lot of flowers!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Very good experience in this hotel...we wanted to stay in a hotel on the highway from Mumbai to Udaipur and we found this on the website. It was a very nice and memorable experience in terms the infrastructure, room lay out, cleaniness, room supplies, service, above all wide spread of vegeratian food and courteous staff. They have earned full marks on the fronts...we stayed for one night only...but it was great experience....!! While returning from Udaipur to Mumbai by car, we again wanted to stay in this hotel, but the rooms were full and no accommodation was available...

Room Tip: Great hotel overlooking the SG Highway on the way from Ahmedabad to Udaipur....good locality excepti...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
FOMAhmedabad, Front Office Manager at The Fern An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your recent visit to Ahmedabad.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your feedback with my colleagues. At The Fern, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Encouraging words from valuable patrons like you motivates us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to The Fern and would be delighted to assist you with any requirement.

Ghanshyam Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Good rooms. We stayed in fern club category. Bathrooms are really good and well equipped. Bed size is small. Breakfast was OK. Lot of items but not really fresh. We booked through goibibo and there was no problem in billing. They made our room ready on time and even billing was prompt.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I have stayed for 2 nights during our holiday in gujarat. Though it is not in the centre of the city if you driving its location is excellent. Great food very good service and excellent rooms.
The spread of breakfast and dinner was awesome. I had bargained for a good rate as I stayed at this hotel in rajkot also and the rate i got was very very reasonable.
at that time it did not have fitness centre thats the only minus of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with front view are much better
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed here for two nights during a business trip. The hotel is located very close to the highway and very convenient if you are driving. However it is out of the main city & not very well connected by public transport. The rooms were good & clean and all the amenities worked. The laundry charges are quite reasonable. The included breakfast spread was decent with a mix of Indian and continental dishes. They also had one Gujarati dish which was a nice touch, but I would have preferred more local dishes in the spread. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Airport pick up was late so the first impression was not great and it situated on SG highway so proximity from the airport is not exactly a talking point either .

However rest of it was pretty good .The room was very spacious with a very soothing decor. It claims to be a green hotel and all the accessories confirmed that positioning

The breakfast spread was pretty decent for a budget hotel and the cafeteria was well laid out with provision of natural light in morning.

Gym was under construction.

Overall I think if you are not looking for something next to the airport then this place is value for money.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Recently we took the hotel on our company panel and I decided to stay for one day myself before I can refer my customers to this hotel. I was amazed by the kind of response and service was given. I found it really an Eco friendly hotel. Apart from practices which hotel follows, entire experience right from check in to check out was very good. Food was also great. Not very costly also. Very good option for business and private travellers to Ahmedabad. Good value for money.

Room Tip: All the rooms facing SG highway give very good and refreshing view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I visited The Fern, Ahmedabad on the S G Road. Very much impressed by the Rooms, F and B as well as service. The Fern leaves a distinct taste in terms of the decor also. The location is very much suitable to go to mehsana, gandhinagar, etc.locatipns. It may be worthwhile to mention that their annual membership program is a real value for money and all queries and enquiries are well responded to. They have varied and interesting locations in India. I have taken the membership and will keep adding reviews

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
FOMAhmedabad, Front Office Manager at The Fern An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014

Ghanshyam Singh

Been to The Fern An Ecotel Hotel? Share your experiences!