“Excellent Property and Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fern Ahmedabad

You added The Fern Ahmedabad to your Saves list
The Fern Ahmedabad
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Sola Overbridge | S.G. Highway, Ahmedabad 380054, India   |
Ranked #7 of 145 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kochi
“Excellent Property and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

One of the few hotels that can actually be rated "excellent". The rooms are modern, elegantly furnished and quite comfortable. The staff are pleasant, courteous and well trained in hospitality. The location of the hotel is also quite convenient, close to major landmarks and yet in a quiet and peaceful location. I believe all types of travelers (business, family, etc) would find this hotel, equally pleasant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
FOMAhmedabad, Front Office Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your recent visit to Ahmedabad.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your feedback with my colleagues. At The Fern, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Encouraging words from valuable patrons like you motivates us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to The Fern and would be delighted to assist you with any requirement.

Ghanshyam Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This was my first stay at the Fern. But it won't be the last for sure. For a business traveller this hotel is ideal. Located on the busy S G Highway, its easily accessible. However because of good quality windows, the noise from the highway stays outside. All the rooms are west facing and the view is not cluttered by a concrete jungle. Rooms are spacious. The mattress is firm and very comfortable. Shower area and toiletries are top class. Breakfast is sumptuous though it repeats within a very short span of 4 days. Staff is very helpful and delivers the service it promises. The hotel is located in a quiet and midscale residential area so going out for a walk in the morning is comfortable. They offer cut fruits in the morning which gives you the energy for the walk. All in, a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floors. The view is a bit boring but not that bad. All rooms face the we...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

West Sikkim, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I was there for 6 nights, being in Ahmedabad for the first time. I must say the stay was comfortable and felt safe. The complimentary wi-fi helped me a lot to find my way around the city. I strongly recommend this place. Just a small request to the management (missed Champions league football matches ) Ten Sports channel was blocked.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Hotel is located out of city on SG Highway, peaceful locality. Rooms and service is excellent. Food is OK. Buffet has lot of option for both Veg. as well as for Non Veg. Breakfast is very good. People are polite and prompt. Dinning hall is nicely decorated. I will recommend to stay for business or other purpose. Great view.

Room Tip: Should choose higher floor on the road side to have a great view.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

It was my first travel to Ahmadabad, that too on a short notice. The check in was very smooth and fast. The room was clean, comfortable though a bit smaller than most of the rooms seen in similar hotels. The breakfast was good but was as regular in most of the star hotels, The only Gujarati dish i could find in breakfast was Dhokla,
However the hotel does not enough staff to manage rush hour check out swiftly. It took about 10 mins to get the information of mini-bar confirmed during the check out.
Apart from the small issue the hotel was nice and quite good for relaxing.

Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice including good spacious rooms with good automation etc. In room

The room service needs to improve a bit more and I had the worst cream caramel pudding ever - it was part soft part lumpy.. I do not know how one can goof up on caramel pudding :-)

Otherwise nice... Good to stay

• Stayed March 2014
FOMAhmedabad, Front Office Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your feedback with my colleagues. We are indeed concern about Food quality, have taken the necessary management steps to enhance the guest delight & experience.

At The Fern, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Encouraging words from valuable patrons like you motivates us improve ourselves and exceed expectations. please be assured that your experience is not reflective of our usual service that we provide to our valued guests.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The hotel is very nice and well maintained with lovely cleanings which is most I liked and best parts the eco button in room and they are very concerned about environment .but I miss the health club over there. As par the hotel staff it is coming soon.may be my next visit .

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Ghanshyam Singh

Been to The Fern Ahmedabad? Share your experiences!