“Good hotel, but would go to another next time” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Fern An Ecotel Hotel

You added The Fern An Ecotel Hotel to your Saves list
The Fern An Ecotel Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Sola Overbridge | S.G. Highway, Ahmedabad 380055, India   |
Ranked #10 of 143 Hotels in Ahmedabad
“Good hotel, but would go to another next time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is kind of a good hotel, but they have a problem of internet again that it is cery slow.
I have stayed in another hotel in ahmed abad and was better in internet and rooms.

But if u r looking to pay a decent amount come here.
The bed and food are good.

• Stayed January 2013
FOMAhmedabad, Front Office Manager at The Fern An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your recent visit to Ahmedabad.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your feedback with my colleagues. At The Fern, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Encouraging words from valuable patrons like you motivates us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to The Fern and would be delighted to assist you with any requirement.

Ghanshyam Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We chose this hotel based on the trip-advisor ratings. When I booked on-line they confirmed bookings without requesting credit card details (this was a pleasant surprise). Everything from the airport pick-up to the front desk efficiency was superb.
Admittedly like most business hotels the rooms are a bit small, but the rooms are fantastic in all other respects.
The buffet dinners and breakfasts are also extremely good. Despite the high tariff for the hotel, I have no hesitation in saying that it is worth every penny.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with your family choose inter-connecting rooms

chandigarh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Had gone here with family for Lunch Buffet... lots of varities of sumptuous food... service is also good.. worth going again. its located at S G Highway and has better ambience than many other places. No idea about the hotel rooms as have not stayed here.

Room Tip: Nice lunch menu
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The pricetag is pretty high for this hotel on SG Road given the small rooms and lack of facilities.

The rooms are small , they don't have a ceiling fan (surprising for a supposedly eco friendly hotel to not have something which reduces A/C usage) , the hotel is short staffed most of the time , the laneway in front of the main doors is single lane meaning cars can't wait too long for passengers without getting rude honks from the drivers behind.

On the positive side , the staff are eager to please , the rooms are tech friendly , the restaurant is Ok.

Overall , not worth the money at advertised rates , good hotel if you can snag a deal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Fernhotels, General Manager at The Fern An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. As the general manager, I have been appraised of your experience. The hotel is renowned for its quite room experience as no traffic noise is audible inspite of being alongside a major highway. The engineering & housekeeping teams are investigating your room experience with the aim to make the bathroom experience as quite as possible.

Thank you for your positive ranking on the sleep quality.

We appreciate your review as it the best way we can receive constructive and direct feedback as a means to improve our services.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and look forward to your visit again.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Good property at reasonable location, well priced. Restaurent serves good food with covering many cousins.
Hotel is new staff is not trained lacking in room cleaning & replenishment of consumable items like coffee packets, towels, milk powder etc.
Overall confortable & definitly recommended location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
FOMAhmedabad, Manager at The Fern An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2014

Valsad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

was there for two nights ...with family. heard a lot good abt the hotel but frankly spkg -- it is nothing great as projected.major concerns -- not so clean as claimed 2. wifi free but u r lucky if u can surf.3.food just an average 4.no fitness center / gym , no swimming pool 5. bathroom water drainage is too much noisy and if some one using the basin , you will find the good water fall noise in the room. - overall certainly cannot be 5* category of hotel.

India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Its is very well maintained ,The hotel and rooms were clean and comfortable.Nice facilities within the room,the staff is co-operative.../the food is ok ./
Do not take Taxi service from the Hotel ..Book for Apple cabs instead.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Warm regards

Been to The Fern An Ecotel Hotel? Share your experiences!