“Nice place to stay, however with a small hitch...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Fern An Ecotel Hotel

You added The Fern An Ecotel Hotel to your Saves list
The Fern An Ecotel Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Sola Overbridge | S.G. Highway, Ahmedabad 380055, India   |
Ranked #10 of 143 Hotels in Ahmedabad
New Delhi
“Nice place to stay, however with a small hitch...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Stayed at The Fern for one night in Feb '12. Rooms were very comfortable and the morning buffett spread was also nice. The staff too was nice and helpful.
Check-In was quick. After completing the basic formalities we were allotted our keys.
The room's were nice and decent. Our room was on the 8th floor and had a nice view of the city. The washrooms was also decently sized with a shower cubicle and no tub (personally speaking I think a tub is a waste of space, especially in a business hotel)
On issue that I didn't like was the Cable TV in my room was not working and though the hotel did send someone from housekeeping they said that they would be able to repair it only in the morning. As we were already checking out in the morning, I didn't bother calling them next morning.
Ordered some stuff from room service and the delivery too was withing 20-25 minutes, considering I ordered past midnight.
All in all nice and comfortable stay, leaving aside the cable TV related issue. They should have checked these things before allocating the rooms especially when the rack rake is 9000 INR (approx $190 USD)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
FOMAhmedabad, Manager at The Fern An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your recent visit to Ahmedabad.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your feedback with my colleagues. At The Fern, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Encouraging words from valuable patrons like you motivates us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to The Fern and would be delighted to assist you with any requirement.

Warm Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I had stayed in Fern on a business trip in March............ The moment i stepped into the Hotel i was engulfed by the warmth and hospitality shown by the reception staff............From the moment i stepped into the hotel to the moment i stepped out of it every single moment i was well taken care of and it was ensured that i was comfortable...............The buffet menu was good but i would suggest that the menu should include some more non veg items... The room was breathtaking...All in all a wonderful experience and i would love to experience it again.............Made me feel like royalty

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent....................pick anyone
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

i went to ahmedabad for business purpose and got the chance to stay in THE FERN HOTEL....believe me, form the hotel gate to room, every thing is exceptional....room was hytec and beautifuly decorated.....for non vegitarians there may disapontment as in dinner there was only one non veg item in main course.....don't worry...you will find a long spread of delicious vegitarian food....

highly recommended.. :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I had a consulting project that lasted from 6th of January, 2012 to February10th that required me to be in Ahmedabad. The Fern help me keep my sanity, by providing excellent service, a large clean, freshly decorated room and the evening menu that had variety and tasted very good. The entire staff help to make the time go by quickly, I would highly recommend the hotel and restaurant to anyone staying in the area.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

This is a brand new ( 3 months old) addition to Ahmedabad city!.
The hotel is located on SG highway and is apprx 45 minutes from the main city. Airport will take you apprx 30/35 minutes.Railway station will take your apprx 1 hr.
Though located very close to highway, the rooms are suprisingsly quiet. Rooms are modern and classy. Room size is decent and linen cleanliness and quality is top class. Most of the lights, TV and curtains can be controlled from a bed side soft touch console.Rooms are equipped with a tea/cofee maker, mini bar, World clock and a World space radio ( with an oprtion to doc your Ipod).
Bath rooms are fitted with latest and most modern fixtures ( Grohe, Kohler). Toiletories are OK
Had Buffet lunch and break fast- well the quality and spead is OK...
Service: The staff apears to be eager to help you out. Over you are made to feel welcomed!

Overall a very good experience . Would surely recommend

Room Tip: Rooms on Higher floors facing the highway have a better view
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Very good spacious rooms, services are excellent; restaurant is one of the best I ever visited and quality of food unmatchable.

I definitely stay at The FERN when ever I visit the place and recommend all to visit once

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Travelled on business and stayed here for a week. Very impressed with the modern, clean interiors. The technology in the room to control ambience, lighting, screens etc., is very good. The hotel makes an effort to be ecofriendly - no plastic bags, toiletries. Recommended

Warm Regards

Been to The Fern An Ecotel Hotel? Share your experiences!