“Excellent property !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Fern Ahmedabad

You added The Fern Ahmedabad to your Saves list
The Fern Ahmedabad
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Sola Overbridge | S.G. Highway, Ahmedabad 380054, India   |
Ranked #7 of 145 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Excellent property !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

This is a brand new ( 3 months old) addition to Ahmedabad city!.
The hotel is located on SG highway and is apprx 45 minutes from the main city. Airport will take you apprx 30/35 minutes.Railway station will take your apprx 1 hr.
Though located very close to highway, the rooms are suprisingsly quiet. Rooms are modern and classy. Room size is decent and linen cleanliness and quality is top class. Most of the lights, TV and curtains can be controlled from a bed side soft touch console.Rooms are equipped with a tea/cofee maker, mini bar, World clock and a World space radio ( with an oprtion to doc your Ipod).
Bath rooms are fitted with latest and most modern fixtures ( Grohe, Kohler). Toiletories are OK
Had Buffet lunch and break fast- well the quality and spead is OK...
Service: The staff apears to be eager to help you out. Over you are made to feel welcomed!

Overall a very good experience . Would surely recommend

Room Tip: Rooms on Higher floors facing the highway have a better view
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
FOMAhmedabad, Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your recent visit to Ahmedabad.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your feedback with my colleagues. At The Fern, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Encouraging words from valuable patrons like you motivates us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to The Fern and would be delighted to assist you with any requirement.

Warm Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Very good spacious rooms, services are excellent; restaurant is one of the best I ever visited and quality of food unmatchable.

I definitely stay at The FERN when ever I visit the place and recommend all to visit once

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Travelled on business and stayed here for a week. Very impressed with the modern, clean interiors. The technology in the room to control ambience, lighting, screens etc., is very good. The hotel makes an effort to be ecofriendly - no plastic bags, toiletries. Recommended

Jaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

The Fern - A'mdabad was great find to me. I stayed here for two nights on my business trip to A'mdabad and had a great experience. The warm welcome and fantastic room ambiance were indeed great pleasure. The staff at Hotel are found professionally trained for quick to response to Hotel guest. I think this Hotel has got all essential elements captured to make sure that once any guest stayed here, will not look for any more adventure. The food, specially the morning breakfast with rich range of stuff was something great to have

Please keep up the Service & Food Quality. Thanks ! Santosh

Belfast N .ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

This is a quaity hotel and comes highly recommended. I spent two nights there in Jan 2012, internet is deat at 850 INR about £6-00 for 24 hours (it should be free).
However its a super hotel. great service and good location

Room Tip: Any one of them

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

The Fern was a pleasant surprise. I speak at conferences across India and have stayed at hotels selected by conference organizers, always with a bit of trepidation. 5 stars = 5 stars, but at 4 stars or less, you can count on the property being 2 stars less than it was awarded. The Fern was a pleasant exception.

I was greeted by a knowledgable, competent staff. The restaurant was serving a buffet of at least 50 delicious-smelling dishes. I had already dined, so I didn't indulge. I did have the breakfast buffet, which was also excellent, with Indian and western choices, both veg and non-veg.

Upstairs, a clean, comfortable room awaited. Wireless internet access was excellent and included, as was a ride to the airport in a clean, comfortable vehicle. The bath and bedroom were pristine clean - a real pleasure! Flat screen TV, firm mattresses with crisp white egyptian cotton sheets and quilts provided an excellent night's sleep. A master light panel beside the bed controlled everything. The snacks and mini bar were well stocked, although I didn't try any of the offerings.

The entire hotel is built of re-used, re-cycled, and re-newable materials. It bills itself as a chain of "Ecotels" and they take environmentalism seriously. Much of building, interiors, and furnishings are constructed of some form of plastic or concrete, which is truly the best use of these oft-disposed materials. But it was elegantly done and the resulting look is a modern, soothing blend of colors and surfaces. A wall of water protects the front door from the street and reduce carbon monoxide emissions from the street beyond. A well tended garden provides a gentle view from the main floor restaurant. All around - well done!

I will look for Fern hotels over others in the price range (think: avoid the Royal Orchid chain - they are a perfect example of the "4-star" actually = "2 star & dirty" situation described above) in the future. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: A high floor room facing away from the main street is always advisable if you sleep lightly. Otherwi...

delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I organized a seminar at their convention and some of the delegates stayed at the hotel itself. The dinner is excellent at the restaurant and true value for money. The rooms are very good and the service was quite nice. The staff was cooperative and the food quality was good. The internet was quite expensive and perhaps the biggest turndown for me but otherwise it was a very good experience. With regard to the seminar itself, the room was large and nicely done but had a lot of ambient light making it difficult to present the slides. The manager put something to reduce the light but it was not too effective. Would certianly recommend the place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Fernhotels, Management at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Thank you for your valuable Feedback, it is an excellent source of motivation to the team and we will be sure to share the same. Were glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and the hospitality of our staff. We Look forward to making your future stays with us as memorable. Thank you for choosing a Fern Hotel.

Been to The Fern Ahmedabad? Share your experiences!