“Best at its Best! The most supportive staff !” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Silver Cloud - Ahmedabad to your Saves list
Hotel Silver Cloud - Ahmedabad
Opp Gandhi Ashram & Dandi Bridge Ashram Road, Ahmedabad 380 027, India   |
Ranked #42 of 145 Hotels in Ahmedabad
“Best at its Best! The most supportive staff !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I dont know how to thank the staff & Management the least i can do is provide possitive feedback. It started with me reporting earlier then check in time and i was helped with that.

I was in ahemdabad for some personal business research just for a day and the support and help the staff and even the MD of the hotel showed me was just out of this world. They not even personally provided most of the addresses and people i will be needing for my work but also helped me with minute details.

The staff and the ambience in the hotel is created keeping in mind the needs of the customer and the rooms in the old wing are good and the rooms in the new wing are awsm.Every thing about the room is great. Being a hotelier my self i am deeply satisfied by their support and commitment for the work.

I was late for my flight at 5.30 in the morning and again they helped me by dropping me from hotels car. been in many hotels across the country i belive it to be perfect in what it is doing " customer satisfaction "

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

This was a business trip - the hotel was clean, functional, and good value for money, considering the iniquitous rates at many Indian hotels, The driver of the taxi I took from the airport said he knew the hotel, but of course he didn't and had to stop and ask for directions. At least the fare was pre-paid (the kiosk for pre-paid taxis is just to the left of the terminal exit door, and seems to open all hours). The hotel is a little isolated if you're looking for shopping/tourist attractions within walking distance, but you can flag down a motorised tricycle for a cheap ride to where you want to go. Wi-fi in the room was intermittent - I was assured by the staff that the problem was external and temporary, and not the hotel's fault. Limited TV channels, but as I am a cricket fan, this was not a problem. I found the staff attentive and helpful. If you are in Ahmedabad on a budget, not addicted to foreign TV channels, and don't mind being a bit away from things, this hotel is a good choice.

Room Tip: Front-facing rooms have a view of the river, but there is a noisy road in between with incessant tra...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

I had booked this hotel for my wedding and to my surprise it turned out to be much more then I expected. Superb view from the terrace(terrace wedding), awesome quality & taste of food and mesmerizing decoration. I booked it when the new building was actually getting build-up and had absolutely no idea on how it would be. But to my surprise they did it FAB!

Rooms are neat, clean spacious and tidy.

The only thing I totally disliked to the core is the behavior of the General Manager. Being in a hospitality industry, the way he speaks to his customers is hell pathetic. Every time I or my family talks with him we felt of not going for this hotel. He is very RUDE & EGOISTIC and doesnt understand meaning of Politeness. He doesnt know how he should welcome his clients and their guest.

He had terrible & loud fight with my real-uncle at the time of my marriage in front of all my guest for the hotel's mis-management in matter of using elevator. This is something sheer Shame for the hotel having staff member of such a kind.

However, the situation was quite very handsomely handled by the other staff members and other Manager Mr. Prashant (with whom I booked). He is a man of words and perfect for this industry. He handled the situation and helped me with all sort of facilities so well that it everything went with ease. It was for this man I would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing River-front view.... you will love it at evening and night time.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2015

Through ambience is good and location is perfect for the workshops.. Services at front desk and rooms can be improved.. Foods they serve very general and not in time :(
However, you are advised to visit Sabarmati ashram, riverside.. during morning and evening.. its perfect to spend time with close one :)

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Bhubaneswar, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2015

Had a very horrible experience... From the very beginning, in my booking i asked for river view hotel, they gave me room facing slums, i had made reservations for three nights but because they got some other influential guests, they asked me to check out and look for another hotel on third day. Very unprofessional service staff(Mr. Amit) doesn't know basic courtesy and etiquette. Lousy spread of Breakfast. There are good hotels nearby. My recommendation, don't go for it.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
HOTELSILVERCLOUD, General Manager at Hotel Silver Cloud - Ahmedabad, responded to this review, February 20, 2015
Dear Guest,

With ref to this complaint please find herebelow the facts.
• On 21st January at 17:45 hotel received your e-mail about booking of room.
• On 23rd January at 10.09 Hotel confirmed your booking with specific mention of
check in : 24th Jan. and Check out 26th Jan 2015.
• On 23rd January at 15.59 you had confirmed reservation and sent us flight
details for pick up.
• On 26th Jan.2015 in the morning time when you were moving out of Hotel,
Reception staff asked you about your check out schedule.
• Without giving any reply you went out of the hotel.
• At afternoon hotel reception telephoned you and informed you that as per
booking you are supposed to check out today morning and on telephone you agreed.
• You came back to hotel at night and at that time hotel reception staff
requested and insisted for check out of the room as all the rooms of the hotel were sold out on that day and that room was allotted to other guest.
• It is clear and evident that you had confirmed the check out 26th January
morning (check out time 9.00 AM). We have all the mails to support all above facts. You checked out in the night and even hotel had not asked you to make the payment of 26th January, the day on which you retained the room till night. In fact hotel staff was very respectful and tolerant to deal such incidence.
• We hope that above facts make the issue very clear. We request you to
acknowledge above facts and withdraw your false allegations against the hotel.
Our hotel is widely appreciated for courteous staff, location, quality and service by numerous guests. We are always open for healthy feedback and criticism, but definitely cannot tolerate false and baseless allegations.

General Manager Sales
Prashant Lulla
Silver Cloud Hotel & Banquets, Ahmedabad
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2015

Stayed for 3 days, with my family. Good, clean hotel. Arranged extra bed with well equiped room.
We had dinner at the hotel. It was great, with good service. Best location for a hotel, and a lot of space to move around.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Delhi NCR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

Recently I was on a business trip to Ahmedabad. Normally I stay at Ginger. But this time, my meetings were happening in Hotel Silver Cloud, which is opposite Sabarmati Ashram and hence I decided to stay there itself. Here are my experiences!

The Good:

- It was easy to book the hotel. One Mr. Mukesh confirmed the booking over the phone and also gave an all inclusive tariff which included - 2 way airport transfers, breakfast and taxes. So there were no hidden charges.
- The cab was there in the airport sharply and similarly during the drop.
- Despite expansion/renovation work happening, there was cleanliness and good maintenance.
- The room was well appointed, reasonably plush with decent air conditioner and yes - a ceiling fan to complement.
- The bathroom was clean and neat.
- Nice area to walk with Ashram in the front, Khadi shops nearby (got myself a great deal on a Modi style jacket hand-loomed)
- In less than ten minutes walk you have a busy junction which is packed with shopping and excellent restaurants like Hav-mor, Sankalp etc.
- Hotel breakfast and lunch were quite good. There is a live "Tawa Roti" counter during lunch buffet which allows you to gorge on fresh and hot taw chapatis.
- The tariff was also reasonably affordable.

The Bad:
- Nothing that I can think of.

The Ugly:
- Again there is nothing that I can think of.

Overall Verdict:
- If you have work that part of the town and are able to negotiate a good price, go for it. Nice place for families to stay. Lot of places of interests are present nearby.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Silver Cloud - Ahmedabad? Share your experiences!