“Great hotel, location & staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad

You added Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ramdevnagar Crossroads, | Nr. S.G. Highway, Ahmedabad 380015, India   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book early & get 20% Off
Ranked #11 of 143 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Halifax, Canada
“Great hotel, location & staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My room was clean and comfortable and the bed made for a great sleep.

The walls of this hotel are quite thin, so you can easily hear what is happening in the next room and outside. I was in Ahmedabad during a holiday festival so the streets outside were quite noisy. Luckily, the comfort of the bed made up for this and still provided a good sleep.

The buffet breakfast was good with lots of selection.

The hotel gym was small with only 3 or 4 treadmills and some free weights, but was fine if you go at the right time (when it isn't too busy).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Parul T, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking out the time to give us your valuable feedback. I am glad to learn that you found our room and its amenities comfortable and enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
I apologize for the inconvenience you had to face as a result of the noise that came from the surrounding areas due to the ongoing festivity. We have taken note of your feedback regarding the noise in the room and we shall look into this matter to improve the quality of stay for all our guests.
I would like to thank you once more for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel in the near future.

Warm regards
Parul Thakur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Spent 4 nights while on a business trip to Ahmedabad. Am a regular guest with the Marriott however, this was the first time I stayed at their Ahmedabad property.
Checked in after midnight, found the experience smooth even at that late hour.
There was a food festival on in the nights, and that turned the lobby into a huge buzzing hive of activity till about 10 pm.
Breakfast was average, with a fairly good buffet. You could order dosas, pancakes and eggs at the live counters. Supported well with attentive waiters. Food was extremely good, though.
Rooms were spacious, though was disappointed at the lack of a bath tub in the room I stayed in.
Had an accident with a favourite shirt and a uncapped pen, the staff from the laundry tried their best to repair it, but were honest about what they could or could not do. Much appreciated.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor. I stayed on the 2nd, and found the AC noisy.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out the time to share your valuable feedback. I am glad to learn that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel and found the associates friendly and attentive.

I apologize for the mishap that occurred with regard to your shirt. Such incidents are definitely not typical of our standards. I would like to thank you for appreciating the honesty of our associates at the laundry and assure you of better services the next time you stay with us.

Thank you once again for your kind words of appreciation and I hope to welcome you to our hotel once again in the neat future.

Warm regards
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

If you have the misfortune to have to be in noisy, filthy, overcrowded Ahmedabad, this is a good place to take refuge. The hotel rooms are new and so well furbished that if you don't open the curtains, you might think you were in a Swiss hotel. I'm not sure why they've given it the Courtyard brand instead of Marriott, because overall it is far better than any Courtyard I've stayed at.

Beware that it is a 45 minute drive from the airport through the city and the congestion is some of the worst in India. Horn-brakes-horn-horn-horn-BRAKES-swerve-hoot-beep-accelerate-stop-etc, etc. For that reason alone, I might look for somewhere else depending on what misfortune brought you here and whether being on this side of town warrants the drive.

Room Tip: Higher is better--lots of street noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Parul T, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out the time to give us your valuable feedback. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found the room and its amenities comfortable. Such positive feedback is truly encouraging for our associates who put in all their efforts to ensure a memorable stay for every guest.
While I do understand your concerns regarding the traffic on the roads while traveling in the city, I would like to inform you that our hotel provides luxurious air conditioned cars at reasonable rates for conveyance in and around Ahmedabad. In case you have already used our transfer services, do let us know if we could improve the experience for you in any way the next time you are here.
I would like to thank you once again for your kind words of appreciation and I look forward to welcoming you once more to Courtyard by Marriott Ahmedabad in the near future!

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Location is considered great if your work location is within easy reach of the area. It is located at a Satalite rather than downtown, but which good road connectivity. The Satalite is happening, with shopping centre, mall, bookshop, electronic shop, McDonald etc near by, all within a short walking distance (if you can manage the road crossing).

The lobby is very welcoming. Staffs are professional and friendly. Service is generally fast. Room is very spacious by European standard. Amenities given is basic. There are plenty of bottled water provided, which is a good plus at this part of the world. If you get a room facing the main road (which more than half of the rooms are), it is very very noisy. Probably apart from midnight to before dawn, the rest is constant traffic noise from outside. The soundproof is very poor. It was not able to have a good sleep and to have a quiet teleconference in my room, even towards the top floor. As for the room facing swiming pool, much quieter.

There are two restaurants. One is an Indian vegetalian. If you are a meat feast then is not for you. The other is a buffet style with some selection of a la cart. Majority of the food selection is Indian, with limited selection for international. Perhaps the diversity of food selection can be improved.

Room Tip: get a room facing the back (swimming pool)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Parul T, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out the time to give us your valuable feedback. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and found our associates friendly and efficient.
I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you with regard to the noise in the room. We shall seriously look into in to this matter in order to prevent such disturbances in the future. With regard to our food and beverage offerings, I would like to mention that while we do innovate and regularly change our menus, our chefs would be more than happy to create dishes customised to your preference the next time you are here.
I do hope your remainder of the trip to Ahmedabad was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you again to Courtyard by Marriott Ahmedabad in the future!

Vadodara, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Location is truly fantastic....close to all prime locations and malls.
Room and service excellent and fast.
Amenities in the room ....Great. The pool though could have been bigger.
Food spread especially the buffet breakfast was nice.
Courtesy of staff .......We need to learn and emulate.!!!
Overall a very enjoyable stay and would recommend to one and all when in Ahmedabad.!!!!

Room Tip: Non smoking room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Parul T, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback.

I am delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us at the hotel. I’m glad you found the attitude of our associates appealing and enjoyed the food served at our restaurants as well. Such positive feedback is extremely rewarding for our associates who truly put in an effort to ensure a comfortable stay for each and every guest.

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation and we look forward to welcoming you once again to Courtyard by Marriott Ahmedabad in the near future!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

It has taken me a while to place write my review. We stayed at this hotel in April/May 2012. After much review and looking over all the hotels in the area, I found that Courtyard Marriott in Ahmedabad was an outstanding choice. My head was dizzy while I was weighing all the pros and cons for my first trip to this area. My stay was 14 days in a Deluxe Suite. (I will post some video of the room on youtube under Ahmedabad Courtyard Marriott, that really helped me with my decision). The suite was roomy, very comfortable and well appointed with alot of windows, which was GREAT for the view of the city. The windows were not double paned so they did not serve as adequate sound barriers to the street noise and the numerous weddings with banging drums that occured during the wedding season, but the earplugs we brought really helped which we brought as a result of other reviews. We had a few difficulties with getting a driver who could speak english and we had some issues with WIFI. However, the staff was always friendly and worked diligently to correct every issue. From the folks greeting you at security to the front desk and housekeeping, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The staff in the executive lounge were incredible! We got to know them very well before we left, they quickly discovered our preferences and they consistently met our needs without us having to ask for anything. Room service was great! Our varied schedule required us to call housekeeping to clean the room at various times of the day, yet they responded immediately and our room was cared for within 30 minutes of calling. The sous chef prepared personal menus for us that were out of this world and did not cost more than the regular menu. The night before our departure the sous chef sent our favorite dessert to our room. On the day of our departure we were greeted at our suite by managers from guest relations, who presented us with unique gifts from the area to remind us of our stay and thanking us for staying at the Courtyard Marriott Ahmedabad. We were amazed that no matter where we went within the hotel, all the staff knew us by name. The special touches and personal attention during our stay were welcoming being far away from home. We will be taking regular trips to Ahmedabad and this will be our only hotel choice in that area as our home away from home. I know that someone from the hotel will be reviewing these comments; please pass along our immense gratitude to the entire staff for making our stay a memorable one. I'll see you all soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Parul T, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out the time to share your valuable feedback about our hotel. I am delighted to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay at our hotel.

I am extremely glad to know that you consider our hotel your home away from home and found our rooms comfortable and all our associates courteous and friendly. I am also pleased to learn about the proactive approach of our Sous Chef, the efficiency of our associates at the Executive Lounge and housekeeping and the attentiveness of all our managers. I apologize for the inconvenience you faced while using our Wifi connection. I’m pleased to inform you that we have recently upgraded our internet hardware and I’m sure you will not face any issue with the Wifi during your next stay.

I would like to heartily thank you for your kind words of appreciation which would go a long way in motivating and inspiring all our associates. We eagerly look forward to exceeding your expectations once again on your next visit to Courtyard by Marriott Ahmedabad!

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We chose this hotel because of the Marriott name and found it to be an average hotel. The rooms were large but lackluster. The executive club lounge was quite inadequate when compared to other executive lounges - should not have bothered to pay extra for the executive lounge facilities.

The breakfast buffet was good but the staff needs a lot of training. The concierge desk was not aware of the opening times of the Mall nearby - they said it opened at 10 am - I walked to the Mall and found that it opens only at 11 am. The saving grace was that the staff was very friendly but many of them were trainees and did not quite know what to do and how to handle the guests.

All in all, the location of this hotel is good and the hotel is clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Parul T, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out the time to share your feedback about the hotel. I’m disappointed to learn that your stay with us was less than perfect.

I apologize on behalf of the hotel about the incorrect information given to you regarding the mall and assure you that such incidents are not typical. I will share your feedback internally with our associates so as to avoid such incidents in the future. I am also glad to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and found our associates friendly.

I do hope the remainder of your trip to Ahmedabad was enjoyable and that you shall reconsider us in the future as well.

Parul Thakur

Been to Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad? Share your experiences!