“nice gujrati food ... experience gujrat” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“nice gujrati food ... experience gujrat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

experience good gujrati food at reasonable prices. All you need is lot of hunger in you. service is so fast , hospitality is good.
if ur in ahembdabad and came from outside . then its a must to visit it once.

Visited December 2012

taipei
“Best Thali I've ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Ok being British I'm not a Thali expert despite enjoying veggie Indian food in London for many years, however the sheer value for money at this place was amazing. We started with 7 small bowls that were quickly filled with a mixture of dhals, curries and desserts, then a couple of sauces were put onto the plate with a whole green chilli, a glass of what I thought was lassi but was actually a sweetish milk rather than the usual yoghurt base and finally a choice of fabulous freshly made breads; roti, paratha, nan and scrummy baby puris. Forgot we also had some fluffy vermicelli squares and some fiery baby samosas. Nothing really outstanding, and to be honest most of the food was on the sweetish rather than spicy side, however my fellow local diners assured me it was very authentic for this part of Gujarat. What was amazing was the poor waiters constantly attacking us with fill-ups of everything including the fabulous breads, we could have gone on for hours and I'm sure that would have continued. Come to pay the bill, complete shock as my colleagues asked me for 4 USD; I certainly have never eaten anywhere in the world with such quantity and quality for that price, just amazing. I think I said amazing 3 times, can't come up with another word, sorry!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Decent food, nothing exceptional. Service was prompt. At Rs 180/- is a decent price for food. The choice of vegetables was disappointing. Choice was limited.

Visited December 2012
Valsad, India
“Consistent taste from years and real gujarati thali...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Toran dining hall is providing consistent gujarati food with the same great taste and very sufficinet service.
It is one of the oldest dining area of Ahmadabad. Nowadays there are lot of restaurants are available in city for gujarati thali but This place is giving tight fight with all these newbies in GUjarati Thali.
If you are new in Ahmadabad, it might hard to fight. but you can ask any pure local person and they guide the way.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“have been dining here for 20 years, was there last week and am waiting to go again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Toran Dining Hall is an institution in Ahmedabad. The food has been consistently good there for the 20 years that my family and I have been visiting it.

Like us, a significant number of the staff have been there ever since and continue to be there even today.

The taste of the food has been consistent through this time. Its like one of the things that you wish remain constant - like the taste of your Moms cooking

We no longer stay in Ahmedabad, but every time we enter the city we head straight for Toran. We were there last week and we will be there more sooner than later

• Visited November 2012