“Super Summerville” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Summerville Beach Resort

You added Summerville Beach Resort to your Saves list
Summerville Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Taj Holiday Village Road,Dando, | Dando, Candolim, Bardez 403515, India   |
Ranked #39 of 46 Hotels in Candolim
UK
“Super Summerville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2007

I've just returned from Goa, staying at the Summerville (or Summervillers as the locals call it). I have to comment that I had a fabulous stay there. My room was always clean. All the staff at the time of my visit were fantastic, helpful and polite. It has a decent size pool which isnt child friendly (due to the depth) but this is pointed out in the brochure and it suited me. Summerville's location is 3 minutes walk (if that) from the beach itself and is located a minute from the main Candolim Road which is handy for just about everything and anything. Yes of course there are rats in India ... but then again - there are rats in the UK too - an ever-growing population! As someone said, its Third World. So put up, shut up or don't go. Goa is utterly delightful.

Stayed January 2007

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2006

My partner and I have just returned from our first trip to Goa and we loved it.We stayed at The Summerville in Candolim. 5 minutes from the beach.We got what we paid for but no complaints except that the toast was the worst i've ever tasted. How can you get toast wrong?
I had read the Rough Guide and that did scare me!However it was nothing like we imagined.
It had roads which was a shock....the cows walking down the road became the norm after a couple of days.
The beach at Candolim is lovely and not too busy however the sea was rough and being a non swimmer even a paddle was scary my partner loved it but he's a trained lifeguard.
We went to a lovely beach called Aswem you stay in a beach hut overnight the sea was calm there and it was very quiet with very little hassle from beach sellers (hawkers.)
We went to the South and stayed at Palolem in a hut overnight it cost approx £30.00 for taxi return and hut. We both preferred Aswem.
We went on John Boat Trips looking for Dolphins we did see them so that was a result.
The restaurants are all lovely we didnt have a bad meal or get delhi belly.
We had curry most days but tried the king fish and pomfret and Little Italy restaurant for a change a little more expensive than a curry but worth it..lovely surroundings.
The dress code is very casual I wore flips flops for two weeks....i dressed as I would have doen in any resort destination.
The weather was fab approx 85degrees everyday.
The people are amazing the beach sellers especially the children were lovely and so happy non stop smiles.
Everything is so cheap and you can get jewells, clothes for around a third less than in the UK.
If you have any questions please ask I was really nervous but I had no need whatsoever.

Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2006

The staff were friendly at the hotel and we upgraded to one of the new rooms at the back, which were large and cleaned regulary. Just across the road is Alma's bar which does superb food also.

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Summerville Beach Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Summerville Beach Resort

Address: Taj Holiday Village Road,Dando, | Dando, Candolim, Bardez 403515, India
Location: India > Goa > Bardez > Candolim
Bar / Lounge Beach Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#15 On the Beach Hotel in Candolim
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Summerville Beach Resort 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Summerville Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Summerville Beach Hotel Candolim
Summerville Beach Candolim
Summerville Beach Resort Goa/Candolim

If you own or manage Summerville Beach Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.