Always start with the good, right? The good:
- Clean, half decent rooms.
- VERY close to the beach. You can walk down a road about 3 minutes and you're on Candolim Beach, which is a long and wide sandy beach with a million beach shacks for food. It works.
And the bad:
- The WORST forced expensive Christmas night dinner in the world. Apparently it's becoming a normal thing to rob guests of their money on Christmas in Goa by forcing them to eat a pricey meal at the hotel. This is mandatory when you make your booking so you have no choice. But $70 (for 2 people) for the worst Indian buffet I've ever had is robbery. That price does NOT even include drinks. I've never paid so much for a meal in India and the beach shacks provide nicer food! This was awful.
- During the above worst dinner of my life, they had a DJ blasting awful music at levels making my ears physically hurt. After asking multiple times the staff to just turn it down a little it never improved. I don't know how the couples sitting right next to the speakers survived but I know they lost some hearing that night.
- Overall the staff were incredibly unhelpful and just not friendly. This is rare in India so it really stood out. For this alone I'd recommend not staying at this hotel. It's hard to find such nasty and unhelpful people in the entire country of India.
- No beach towels provided (is it THAT hard to give guests some crappy old towels for the beach when you're charging them over $100 a night to stay there?)
- Black smoke from the neighbors burning trash day and night would come straight into our room. Every time I blew my nose it was BLACK. I also ended up with a sinus infection. Good god could the experience get worse?
There's probably more negative things to say but I've done a good job of blocking this memory from my mind. My group later moved to some beach huts in Morjim and the vacation improved TREMENDOUSLY. Luckily I left Goa with memories of nice people and beach huts in Morjim rather than the awful experience and staff at Casablanca. There's tons of competition in Goa now so there's just no reason to stay at this place.
- Also Known As:
- Casablanca Hotel Candolim
- Casablanca Hotel
- Casablanca Beach Hotel
- Casablanca Beach Candolim
- Casablanca Beach Resort
- Casablanca Goa/Candolim
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location....Location....Location...Mediterranean theme boutique resort located 100 meters from the sandy beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Casablanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.