“A must when you are in Goa” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 154 restaurants in Candolim
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Copenhagen, Denmark
“A must when you are in Goa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Goa and Scandinavia in perfect harmony :-) Mermaid is absolutely one of my favourite restaurants in Goa, and I keep coming back, year after year. The food is excellent, whether you have a craving for a traditional Goan dish, or a big juicy steak. And Katarina's desserts are simply divine - don't miss the cheesecake... it's like a litlle taste of heaven! The staff are giving great service, they keep the place clean and tidy, and always with a smile on their face - a very important factor for me as a guest, to know that the staff are happy in their job.
So - Give yourself a treat on your holiday, pamper your taste buds and enjoy the sincere hospitality from Banno and Katarina and their staff, who truly knows how to make you feel welcome, at this cozy and homely restaurant.

• Visited February 2013

84% Recommend
lancashire
“Personal Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Holidayed in Candolim in November and made several visits to my favourite restaurant in Goa. The Mermaid Restaurant and it's owners and staff never fail to please always being very pleasant and attentive. The food is consistently of high quality with delicious fillet steak and fish dishes and home made desserts to die for! If you want a lovely clean restaurant and super fresh food give it a try.

• Visited November 2013
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Steak Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I sampled one of the best Fillet Steaks I have ever eaten in this restaurant. What a surprise to be so far away from home and have an exquisite meal. Lots of love to The Mermaid Restaurant.

Oh and a gentle warning for the faint hearted, the Mai Tia Cocktail is something to behold or if you have two, find something to hold on to!

• Visited February 2013
Buxton
“Just Topper!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We ate at the Mermaid three times during our recent holiday in Goa and every time it was an absolute pleasure. This was the best of the several restaurants we visited over two weeks and it was the one where we chose to spend our last evening.

Every time we visited we were greeted by the owner on arrival and also on departure. The menu choice was good but we tended to opt for the fillet steak on each occasion, which was cooked to perfection every time.

The staff were attentive, but not overly so, and we were comfortable with the timings of drinks and food courses.

The food was certainly good, and so were the cocktails, and we can't not mention the wonderful sweets.

It will most certainly be a place we return to when we return Goa in the future.

• Visited December 2013
new york
“The Mermaid Rocks.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

As a avid global traveler myself, we came across the mermaid by chance. The food quality was super, the pricing brilliant and the ambience truly Goa . We had the chance to me the owner, we were completely intrigued as she discussed in detail the ingredients they used to make our food. I felt good and unlike many other restaurants I felt they appreciated our business and that is what will take me back to the Mermaid. Keep up the good work and we just cant wait to come back for dessert ,once I knock of those cals. Cheers

• Visited December 2013