We stayed for 3 weeks at the Girasol over Christmas and New Year. It was our first time in Goa, so I can't compare with other hotels in the area, but we found the Girasol to be of a good standard for any western hotel.
The hotel is built around a central courtyard and swimming pool, so all rooms have a balcony facing inwards to the pool, with a walkway running around the outside of each floor to access the rooms. There is a lift if required although we never used it.
The room was spacious, with a large VERY comfortable bed - better than our bed at home actually! Bedside cabinets, small couch which we never sat on, coffee table, dressing table and wardrobe complete with electronic safe. Also a small fridge which seemed to work fine for us. The balcony wasn't that large but had space for the 2 chairs and table on it.
Nice bathroom with walk-in shower and enough room for all your toiletries. Towels were nice and thick although they were changed every day it was sometimes a bit random as to what towels you'd get! On one occasion we weren't left any bath towels but a phone call to reception and they were delivered within 10 minutes. No hairdryer so take one if you need one!
We enjoyed the buffet breakfast served from 7.30am - 10.30am. Fresh fruit, cereal, toast, egg chef doing whatever style eggs you want, and a variety of cooked items both western and Indian. Plus fruit juice and tea/coffee. The coffee is just instant put in a jug that looks like it will be filter, so not great if you like a strong coffee! We didn't eat any other meals at the hotel, so can't comment on that.
Pool was kept clean & tidy. Not that many sunbeds and one half of the pool always in the shade so it could get busy. Not much breeze with it being in a courtyard so could get a bit sticky!
The staff were friendly and polite, although to be honest we didn't see that much of them as we were out and about most of the time. The room was kept clean, but not spotless - but I'm guessing that's India!
Good location down a quiet side street but no distance to walk to the main eateries of Candolim, or to the beach. We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay again if we go back to Candolim and are able to book it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goa Candolim. One of the most conveniently located hotels in Goa, India, the Country Inn features a pristine setting near Candolim Beach and offers easy access to the best tourist attractions in Goa. Guests at our beach hotel in Goa can enjoy stylish and comfortable rooms with all the amenities needed for an enjoyable stay. The Country Inn & Suites also offers on-site dining, an outdoor swimming pool, well-equipped Fitness Centre, on-site banquet and conference facilities and complimentary wireless Internet access. Reserve your room today and experience one of the best hotels in Goa, India. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goa Candolim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Girasol Beach Hotel Candolim
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goa Candolim