“good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fortune Select Regina

You added Fortune Select Regina to your Saves list
Fortune Select Regina
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Off Fort Aguada Road, Candolim, Candolim, Bardez 403515, India   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Getaway Pkg -3N/4D
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Candolim
Mysore, India
“good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Me and my family stayed at fortune regina between apr 17-19.in a deluxe room. and my stay was comfortable. I had booked through makemy trip.com..the negative points in the hotel or by booking through makemytrip was
1.I did not get my fruit basket daily and on insisting i got it... but of poor quality...
2. As promised by make mytrip,.. wifi was not free and only complimentary 15 mins were free in there business center asnd using there system...
3. Bath robes, cookies were not there and daily I had to request for news papers...which was disgusting
4. And now the pros
1.breakfast was very good.
2. pool though small was very clean
3. very good and helping staff
4. though not situated on the sea shore.. but certainly near to sinquerium and candolim beach and the property is locate in less crowded area... even the crowd is good unlike in calangute and other areas of goa

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
R_Louzado, General Manager at Fortune Select Regina, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

At the outset I thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Goa and we look forward to have you with us again in the future.

We are delighted to know that you have had a nice experience staying with us and that we were able to make it a memorable trip for you. Your appreciation towards our Hotel Staff and our Chef’s efforts in creating a great choice for breakfast has brought a smile to our faces.

We appreciate writing the wonderful review about the room, pool and the ambience at our property. We sincerely regret that your overall experience was not up to your expectations. Your observations and feedback are most valuable to us, and we thank you for bringing it to our notice. We have noted your comments regarding the lack of the fruit basket, news paper, cookies and bath robes and have taken appropriate measures.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us, and we do look forward to welcoming you back here for an even more memorable experience.

Fortune Select Regina, Goa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Finnish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I love to travel around the country for .Goa has always been special to me as a destination. It was a no brainer when it came up as a holiday, the immediate choice to take my wife was GOA. Going through the rates I decided the fortune by chance because of the rates being better than the rest of the hotels in the same belt of 5 stars. But what made the difference here was the staff. Only before my bosses was given a in room checking during my conference in other hotels. Here even with out asking I got it on my check in. Also the lobby manager was extremely helpful from day one and knows half of Goa. His suggestions are spot on and accurate. He helped with time distances and round trips. Breakfast also is very reasonable in the hotel. The inhouse boys were helpful as well. The hotel rooms are clean. Will be back for sure...

• Stayed March 2014
R_Louzado, General Manager at Fortune Select Regina, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you have had a pleasant experience staying with us and that we were able to make it a memorable trip for you. Your appreciation towards our Front Office and Housekeeping staff and our Chef’s efforts in creating a great choice for breakfast has brought a smile to our faces.

karnal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Dear sir
it is being a tremendous journey in goa and specially at you forture which make us very pleasuring experiances and the hapiness give
the rooms were so nic cool and calm dining was good pools were good
keep it up
with regards
kamal tiwari
karnal
haryana

Room Tip: higher floors are more quite and calm
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
R_Louzado, General Manager at Fortune Select Regina, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on your stay with us at Fortune Select Regina, during your trip to Goa.

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant experience staying with us and that we were able to make it a memorable trip for you. Your appreciation and feedback regarding our rooms, dining experience & the pool has brought a smile to our faces.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

My mother, sister and I had a fantastic holiday. Much of it was down to the attentive staff. Pankaj took really great care of us at breakfast and the hotel manager helped me find the local yoga class. They all went the extra mile to help if I had any problems. The room was nice. A great base for exploring Goa. My mother was pleased with the room service/ towels. They were always on hand to help when we needed. I lost my Versace glasses and got a member of staff go everywhere I went that morning to help find them. I appreciated their concern.

I'd recommend this hotel.

Cheryl

• Stayed March 2014
R_Louzado, General Manager at Fortune Select Regina, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant experience staying with us and that we were able to make it a memorable trip for you. Your appreciation and feedback towards our staff and especially Pankaj from the restaurant has brought a smile to our faces.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I selected this based on the good reviews but if you've stayed in Candolim a few times you know there are much better options available at same or much lesser rates (Country Inn is the one I suggest).

Its a very small property, rooms & hallways seem congested and quite claustrophobic. Don't go by the pictures, highly misleading.. I don't blame the hotel though for that, even the pictures I clicked on the property showed property larger than it actually is. The swimming pool will become crowded even if there are 5 people in it, you won't want to get in after that.
The room walls are so thin that you'll keep hearing anyone walking down the corridor on tip toes forget someone talking or 'disturbing' noise from the room next door.

Probably the only good thing was the service of the staff (Except the restaurant, where its all attention on non Indians pretty common sight in Goa) which was quite exceptional especially the front desk, pool and housekeeping staff.

Bottom-line, Candolim is the place to stay in North Goa but maybe you can do much better than this hotel and save some money too.

Room Tip: If you have to stay, choose luxury rooms as Deluxe rooms overlook a building nextdoor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on your stay with us at Fortune Select Regina, during your recent trip to Goa.

We sincerely regret that your experience was not up to your expectations. Your observations and feedback are most valuable to us, and we thank you for bringing it to our notice. We have noted your comments and appreciate your feedback given for our front office, pool and housekeeping staff.

I request you to give us another opportunity in the future to be of service. We do look forward to welcoming you back here for a memorable experience.

General Manager,
Fortune Select Regina, Goa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Last week spend my holiday in fortune...hotel was nice ...good breakfast menu...manager Mr darryn was very kind and generous ...you'll constantly be given dose of warm welcome by every time you pass hotel staff.....it would be nice if you play Hindi songs by pool side and change your chef to prepare typical tasty Punjabi dishes.....

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
R_Louzado, General Manager at Fortune Select Regina, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.- James Allen

Thank you for sharing your review on your stay with us at Fortune Select Regina, during your recent trip to Goa!

If you would allow me a few moments of your precious time, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your kind feedback of appreciation further to your visit with us.

Your comments are most encouraging for us and in particular your compliments about my colleagues Darryn - it brought a big smile to his face!

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you during your next stay with us.

Noida, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We have been to Goa some 18 times and have lived in South Goa Resorts. So, this came as an disappointment. Its located in bye-lanes of Candolim and has very unimpressive facade and very little place for kids. Though it has a pool, which is very small and its right in the middle of the Hotel.

Its a relatively small and extremely expensive property.

The rooms are way too small by Goa standards and cleanliness is a issue. Breakfast served was very basic and Bakery section was very insipid.

We once ordered for Pizzas at the poolside, the service was very poor and Pizza was way below standards of even roadside dhaba type restaurants.

We stayed here for 4 nights and probably would never visit this property again.

Room Tip: Take a Pool Facing room. But take this hotel as last option. Go look for a 2-3 star property on Sout...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully".- Ernest Hemingway

We sincerely regret that your experience was not up to your expectations. Your observations and feedback are most valuable to us, and we thank you for bringing it to our notice. We have noted your comments regarding the quality of our bakery section, pool service and housekeeping and have taken appropriate measures.

I request you to treat this as an inadvertent and isolated incident and give us another opportunity in the future to be of service. We do look forward to welcoming you back here for a memorable experience.

General Manager,
Fortune Select Regina, Goa.

Been to Fortune Select Regina? Share your experiences!